7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

Kinda of like you guys getting scared of Lavergne during the 2nd half? Although I don't necesarily agree with the strategy, it is a strategy. Those who live in glass houses should be careful of casting stones.

WHAT?!...do you believe we was stalling? REALLY?...I just think lavergne was that much better and what ever play coach woodson was wanting to execute a couple of players didnt know what to do...we played we just didnt do it very good

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefferson had been the steadiest player on the team but he did not play well against Siegel at all. I would have liked to have seen him be more aggressive. He is the senior leader and the most important player for Blackman in a game like this. Also, everyone seems to think Blackman stalled for the entire game but they did not. They tried to pull Siegel out of their zone they was in and Siegel refused to come out of it for about 10 minutes of game action. When Blackman did this in the 1st half, the score was 5-2. Blackman did not hold the ball down 15. Siegel could have just come out of their zone and they may have scored 70 on us but they didn't. There was no stalling or holding the ball in the 2nd half at all. Blackman just could not score. They could not score because our guards did not shoot well and Siegel was too big underneath to do much. Also I think the fact we only had 2 points at halftime put pressure on us in the 2nd half and for the rest of the game. As I said earlier, Cousins played a good game, got several rebounds, blocked some shots, scored a few points and competed. Nobody else competed. Blackmans best players are sophomores. They will get better and they will all grow from this. I would just like to see all our players play with confidence because when they do, they can be really good even when playing a team as big and as good as Siegel.

Jefferson had been the steadiest player on the team but he did not play well against Siegel at all. I would have liked to have seen him be more aggressive. He is the senior leader and the most important player for Blackman in a game like this. Also, everyone seems to think Blackman stalled for the entire game but they did not. They tried to pull Siegel out of their zone they was in and Siegel refused to come out of it for about 10 minutes of game action. When Blackman did this in the 1st half, the score was 5-2. Blackman did not hold the ball down 15. Siegel could have just come out of their zone and they may have scored 70 on us but they didn't. There was no stalling or holding the ball in the 2nd half at all. Blackman just could not score. They could not score because our guards did not shoot well and Siegel was too big underneath to do much. Also I think the fact we only had 2 points at halftime put pressure on us in the 2nd half and for the rest of the game. As I said earlier, Cousins played a good game, got several rebounds, blocked some shots, scored a few points and competed. Nobody else competed. Blackmans best players are sophomores. They will get better and they will all grow from this. I would just like to see all our players play with confidence because when they do, they can be really good even when playing a team as big and as good as Siegel.

BLACKMAN IS A BALANCED TEAM. LEADING SCORES ARE COUSINS (SO) 142 PTS, THOMPSON (SO) 135 PTS AND ROBINSON (SR) 123 PTS. REBOUNDERS: PEAK (SR), ROBINSON (SR) AND COUSINS (SO). ASSISTS: THOMPSON (SO), JEFFERSON (SR). SO I WOULD SAY THEIR BALANCED. LAST NIGHT THEY TOOK PROBABLY 50% LESS SHOTS THEN THEY WOULD NORMALLY TAKE. IN THEIR LAST GAME AGAINST FRANKLIN CO. THEY PLAYED KIND OF UP-TEMPO AND COULD HAVE WON BY 30. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THEY MISSED A LOT OF SHOTS AND MADE COSTLY TURNOVERS. HOWEVER, WITH THE LIMITED SHOTS THEY HAD, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE BEEN NEARLY PERFECT FROM THE FIELD TO BE COMPETITIVE. YOU CONTINUE TO SAY THAT THE BOYS DIDN'T COMPETE, SAVE COUSINS. TOTALLY DISAGREE. I THINK THEY WERE STUNNED AND EMBARRASSED MORE THAN ANYTHING (ABOUT THE STALLING-WHEN YOU PUT IT IN CONTEXT WITH THE PREVIOUS GAME AGAINST FRANKLIN CO.). SHOULD THEY HAVE BEEN READY? YES. QUIT... I DIDN'T SEE THAT AT ALL. SIEGEL ONLY SCORED 19 POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF. DOES DEFENSE NOT COUNT? YOU SAID "NOBODY ELSE COMPETED". REALLY?? YOU SAYING THAT THEY DIDN'T COMPETE; TOTALLY DISREGARDS THE FACT THAT THEY HELD SIEGEL TO THEIR LOWEST SECOND HALF POINT TOTAL OF THE SEASON BY FAR. YOU MIGHT WANNA GET A COPY OF THE FILM. SIEGEL SCORED FIVE TOTAL POINTS IN THE 1Q. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? SIEGEL GOT ONE SHOT ALMOST EVERY TRIP DOWN THE FLOOR, AS DID BLACKMAN. THEY MADE SOME, BLACKMAN DIDN'T. THE BOTTOM LINE IS COACH WORTMAN WILL GET THINGS BACK ON TRACK. HE IS PROBABLY TAKING THIS HARDER THAN ANYBODY. BLACKMAN WILL REBOUND FROM THIS FOR SURE.

Edited by mrob

BLACKMAN IS A BALANCED TEAM. LEADING SCORES ARE COUSINS (SO) 142 PTS, THOMPSON (SO) 135 PTS AND ROBINSON (SR) 123 PTS. REBOUNDERS: PEAK (SR), ROBINSON (SR) AND COUSINS (SO). ASSISTS: THOMPSON (SO), JEFFERSON (SR). SO I WOULD SAY THEIR BALANCED. LAST NIGHT THEY TOOK PROBABLY 50% LESS SHOTS THEN THEY WOULD NORMALLY TAKE. IN THEIR LAST GAME AGAINST FRANKLIN CO. THEY PLAYED KIND OF UP-TEMPO AND COULD HAVE WON BY 30. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THEY MISSED A LOT OF SHOTS AND MADE COSTLY TURNOVERS. HOWEVER, WITH THE LIMITED SHOTS THEY HAD, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE BEEN NEARLY PERFECT FROM THE FIELD TO BE COMPETITIVE. YOU CONTINUE TO SAY THAT THE BOYS DIDN'T COMPETE, SAVE COUSINS. TOTALLY DISAGREE. I THINK THEY WERE STUNNED AND EMBARRASSED MORE THAN ANYTHING (ABOUT THE STALLING-WHEN YOU PUT IT IN CONTEXT WITH THE PREVIOUS GAME AGAINST FRANKLIN CO.). SHOULD THEY HAVE BEEN READY? YES. QUIT... I DIDN'T SEE THAT AT ALL. SIEGEL ONLY SCORED 19 POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF. DOES DEFENSE NOT COUNT? YOU SAID "NOBODY ELSE COMPETED". REALLY?? YOU SAYING THAT THEY DIDN'T COMPETE; TOTALLY DISREGARDS THE FACT THAT THEY HELD SIEGEL TO THEIR LOWEST SECOND HALF POINT TOTAL OF THE SEASON BY FAR. YOU MIGHT WANNA GET A COPY OF THE FILM. SIEGEL SCORED FIVE TOTAL POINTS IN THE 1Q. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? SIEGEL GOT ONE SHOT ALMOST EVERY TRIP DOWN THE FLOOR, AS DID BLACKMAN. THEY MADE SOME, BLACKMAN DIDN'T. THE BOTTOM LINE IS COACH WORTMAN WILL GET THINGS BACK ON TRACK. HE IS PROBABLY TAKING THIS HARDER THAN ANYBODY. BLACKMAN WILL REBOUND FROM THIS FOR SURE.

Never said Blackman quit. They did not. The effort was there definitely the whole game by the whole team. The defensive effort was great the entire game. I guess I would have liked to have seen them play at more of the tempo that they did at the Franklin County game. Jefferson should have shot a little more, Thompson too in my opinion. But I guess if the coach was telling them to be real selective of their shots, then there doing what the coach told them to do. If the coach did not tell them that, then they should have played Siegel the same way they have played other teams and let the chips fall where they may.

Siegel played Nashville Overton Saturday...both coaches had their teams prepared to play. What a great game to watch! Overton has a lot of talent but Siegel had it all going: down low, outside and even FT's. Cedrick Williams was unstoppable...lost count on his dunks.

Overton's point guard is smooth (Mookie)...heard he's already signed with UT to play baseball. Pearl's gonna wish he had him too.

We play Lavergne Tuesday night...looking forward to another good game.

mrob, on 22 January 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

SIEGEL SCORED FIVE TOTAL POINTS IN THE 1Q...

Kinda hard for Siegel to score when Blackman is standing at half court with the ball for ten minutes. Why would Siegel come out of their zone when THEY WERE WINNING? You don't play down to teams, you play YOUR game...that's the difference between wins and losses. Blackman had the "deer in the headlights" look the whole game. That is on the coach, not having his team prepared for the opponent.

Kinda hard for Siegel to score when Blackman is standing at half court with the ball for ten minutes. Why would Siegel come out of their zone when THEY WERE WINNING? You don't play down to teams, you play YOUR game...that's the difference between wins and losses. Blackman had the "deer in the headlights" look the whole game. That is on the coach, not having his team prepared for the opponent.

YOUR RIGHT, I SHOULDN'T HAVE PUT THAT IN THE POST. I GOT MY QUARTERS CONFUSED.

You can bet coach Dotson had his team ready......ha!ha!

Great job by the blaze last night as they beat Oakland by about 10 - 15 points. Robinson played a very good game. Blackman got off to a slow start but was getting better the longer they played.

I'm just glad the coach let the boys play. After holding the team back to a history making 10 point game and a 20 point loss. Someone must have pulled him aside and gave him some good advise "let the boys play". Blackman is loaded with talented basketball players. However after the 10 point game I don't expect I'll be saying the same about their basketball coach.

Congrates to the boys in the win over a very good Oakland team.

Great job by the blaze last night as they beat Oakland by about 10 - 15 points. Robinson played a very good game. Blackman got off to a slow start but was getting better the longer they played.

good quality win there....

MY WARRIORS WON TONIGHT over smyrna I am real proud of their effort tonight and the way they finished tonight...hopefully we will come together down the homestretch and into the tournament and finishing out the regular season I will be glad when we can play well with the big guys and have the confidence to feed them the ball more consitantly

GO WARRIORS!!!