Maryville, Alcoa, Webb, and ?

MHS82

Saturday, August 20th at Shield Stadium (Maryville), Alcoa will play Webb and Maryville will play ????. In 2012, the Kickoff Classic will move to Goddard Field (Alcoa). The paper reported that the team tentatively scheduled to play Maryville pulled out. There were rumors it was Ensworth or MBA. Does anyone know? Any speculation on who the fourth team will be? I assume Maryville will still play Alcoa week 1 at Alcoa...correct?

This is exciting news. Thank you Josh Stephens for working this out.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday, August 20th at Shield Stadium (Maryville), Alcoa will play Webb and Maryville will play ????. In 2012, the Kickoff Classic will move to Goddard Field (Alcoa). The paper reported that the team tentatively scheduled to play Maryville pulled out. There were rumors it was Ensworth or MBA. Does anyone know? Any speculation on who the fourth team will be? I assume Maryville will still play Alcoa week 1 at Alcoa...correct?

This is exciting news. Thank you Josh Stephens for working this out.

From what I understand it will be MBA.

I talked to a MHS insider tonight and was told that MBA was the team that pulled out. Now before anyone starts blasting me with all the public vs. private garbage I'm not saying anyone is scared or not willing to play anywhere anytime I'm sure it was a scheduling conflict of some type for MBA, thats just what I was told.

I was told that MBA would be coming. That's a shame because MBA should be pretty good the next few years. As far as the DII posters saying the Blount County teams don't play anyone. Well you had your shot and you turned it down. Apparently you didn't want to play the two most dominant teams in Tennessee the last 10 years. If your extended an offer and don't take it don't blame us. Blame your school! Congrats on Webb for stepping up to the plate and excepting the challenge. They should be very good the next 2 years. So it should make for an entertaining game. Will anyone step up to play Maryville and Alcoa next year??? :popcorneater: