6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Of course you don't. Your posts have all been real humble. You obviously respect your opponents. :flower:

im just trying to put things in perspective. when i put up the post that i titled "How they got here " you Maryville guys jumped all over me as if facts dont matter. and you talk about being humble? you guys were jumping on the Smyrna vs Whithaven thread just to talk trash and brag about" merryville" ! so dont get all " holy than thou" with that not being humble crap! my whole point that i have been making is that you guys are acting like ya'll have beaten the best teams around to get here when really you havent even faced the caliber of teams that we have beaten ! woof ! strap it on and quit living off what you did years ago. I met Buddy Jones personally and and he never brought up the championships of yrs ago. he talked about the season he was currently playing in.we respect apponents .so unless you are a player, you are not the apponent yr just a guy living in the glory yrs!

bow wow!

First off I was just correcting a Maryville fan that did not want to count Ensworth as an opponent of ours

MHS82, on 27 November 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

Here are some numbers to consider...

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0 WRONG

So when is an opponent not an opponent you asked for it you got it

No kidding!! Enough already with the stats fellas...you've convinced us that you've got a great team and that we're terrible!! bored.gif

oh .ok . lets dont talk about facts (like stats) lets just talk about how we feel about our team and eachother. hey what are you thinking about ? and how do you feeeel? gimmee a break ! you are lucky MR DONKEY retired . yr feelings would really be hurt then.

se ya boys !

First off I was just correcting a Maryville fan that did not want to count Ensworth as an opponent of ours

MHS82, on 27 November 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

Here are some numbers to consider...

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0 WRONG

So when is an opponent not an opponent you asked for it you got it

they dont want to talk about facts and stats. all they want to talk about is how it used to be !

You guys may just find out before too long how much abuse one takes the more they win .... as long as Blade sticks around . I constantly hear " Maryville recruits .. Maryville cheats ... Maryville refs ... Maryville got killed by Alcoa ... Maryville better be glad they weren't playing against the big boys the last several years , otherwise they might have just one or 2 Championships ( Heard that one just last week at work ) .... I work in a place with over 600 employees ... most know I'm a big Maryville fan ... so there you go . If you guys don't think some of our young men haven't been motivated by all this talk we hear , you'd be dead wrong .

On the other hand , a lot more Alcoa fans are finding it a lot easier now to give respect to Maryville now that they've won a couple in a row , and that's nice that Maryville and Alcoa has learned to have a lot of mutual respect for each other .

OK , back to the State Championship game ... I expect a close , hard fought game between 2 very good football teams . Smyrna sounds like they have a lot of speed and a lot of athletes

pepvol...oak ridge fans have heard the same things over the years.. i heard it in the 80's and 90's... supposedly oak ridge in the 70's was hiring people to work at the plants, just so there sons could play football for oak ridge... it is all stupid bs... oak ridge has been the team to beat a lot in the past, so i know where you are coming from... just try not to lump all opposing fans together with a few that are silly... i myself have ALWAYS respected what maryville has done, just like i have always respected what south pittsburg does in div 1A... it is the same thing... a great program is a great program, bottom line...

Ok , you guys are great , and we're not .... thanks for letting us be on the same field as you guys , it's a great honor :thumb:

Well if ya ll win maybe you should just give the GOLD BALL to ALCOA then they can win two this year! Rankin has not lost one since he moved up there must be the strength of schedule why do you think he wanted out of Rutherford county oh we we're all cupcakes LOL And to set it straight He has won the GOLD BALL every year since he moved up there. Didn't want you guys to put words in my mouth

Edited by BullyDog

pepvol...oak ridge fans have heard the same things over the years.. i heard it in the 80's and 90's... supposedly oak ridge in the 70's was hiring people to work at the plants, just so there sons could play football for oak ridge... it is all stupid bs... oak ridge has been the team to beat a lot in the past, so i know where you are coming from... just try not to lump all opposing fans together with a few that are silly... i myself have ALWAYS respected what maryville has done, just like i have always respected what south pittsburg does in div 1A... it is the same thing... a great program is a great program, bottom line...

ok , take what you heard in the 80's and 90's , and then now go win 74 games in a row , and 4 state championships in a row in todays internet age and I bet you'd get a huge chip on your shoulder too . You're a classy guy Sweetscience , there's a lot of fans out there that are not . If you had been sitting with me on Farragut's side when we played there last year and heard all the crap that was being spewed just for all of us Maryville fans when they had the lead on us ....

I gotta tell you , most Maryville fans are very respectful and humble , you're having to nitpick a little to find something to complain about if you want to point out us bringing up something we've had thrown in our faces over and over this last decade .

If I got on an Oak Ridge thread and said it's silly for you all to still bring up Stanton Stevens .... how would I be received ?

Well if ya ll win maybe you should just give the GOLD BALL to ALCOA then they can win two this year! Rankin has not lost one since he moved up there must be the strength of schedule why do you think he wanted out of Rutherford county oh we we're all cupcakes LOL And to set it straight He has won the GOLD BALL every year since he moved up there. Didn't want you guys to put words in my mouth

hey its funny how they wanted to jump on the smyrna vs whithaven thread and talk trash and now that we are responding their getting thier feelings hurt! if they couldnt hang with the big dogs they shouldnt have jumped on the porch!

Edited by AmericanBullDog

ok , take what you heard in the 80's and 90's , and then now go win 74 games in a row , and 4 state championships in a row in todays internet age and I bet you'd get a huge chip on your shoulder too . You're a classy guy Sweetscience , there's a lot of fans out there that are not . If you had been sitting with me on Farragut's side when we played there last year and heard all the crap that was being spewed just for all of us Maryville fans when they had the lead on us ....

I gotta tell you , most Maryville fans are very respectful and humble , you're having to nitpick a little to find something to complain about if you want to point out us bringing up something we've had thrown in our faces over and over this last decade .

If I got on an Oak Ridge thread and said it's silly for you all to still bring up Stanton Stevens .... how would I be received ?

oh, i understand fully... you have the utmost love for your rebels just like i do my wildcats, i respect the heck out of that, and i appreciate your comliment, you seem like a classy gentleman yourself.. i cannot blame you one bit... trust me, we have had to play farragut many times over the years, and to be honest they have some of the most obnoxious,richy richy attitude type fans around... of course not all of them are, but you get my drift.. i know first hand how maryville fans are, your typical oak ridge fan isnt that way, cause we have had our success over the years, so we have a been there done that attitude and do not boast, just like your typical maryville fan... and to be honest, i pull for maryville ALWAYS when there not playing oak ridge, and i hope we keep this game going for many years, cause it will only get better.. peace out friend