6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

I just wasn't as impressed with the D2-AA teams as I usually am last night. Down year?

The last three champs were 13-0; from a W-L perspective, it could be called a down year. There was no Barry Brunetti/MUS player/team like the last two years, but there was a lot of parity at the top. Whether justified or not, how down of a year it is perceived to be will in part be determined by the victor and/or score of this game.

Sorry for preaching then RangerVol , please accept my apology , and I hope you become a new regular Maryville poster . Have you checked out some youtube videos on Smyrna yet ? I've watched several , and they do have great team speed , and the QB & Bryson will be tough to stop on offense . Maryville needs to limit mistakes and turnovers and keep flying to the ball on Defense & contine to Execute the Offense as well as they have since the " Pep Talk " after the first Farragut game . Go Rebels !!

Ik Gq will have the guys ready to go. Smyrna is really good, but they are going to be hurting without Meadows. I wish him luck in the future. I love being the underdog, I believe it gives us a since of fight. I think our lines will be the key and our passing game. Im ready for Saturday. Go Rebs!!

Sorry for preaching then RangerVol , please accept my apology , and I hope you become a new regular Maryville poster . Have you checked out some youtube videos on Smyrna yet ? I've watched several , and they do have great team speed , and the QB & Bryson will be tough to stop on offense . Maryville needs to limit mistakes and turnovers and keep flying to the ball on Defense & contine to Execute the Offense as well as they have since the " Pep Talk " after the first Farragut game . Go Rebels !!

I have watched smyrna play for the last five years but only seen one alcoa game. from what saw today there is not much comparison on offense. alco is big a powerful and smyrna is smaller and fast with some powere as some one said in a previous post. the main diff is bryson. i have never seen anyone who has a similar running style.

we have about 5 very effective backs that are very unique.

i have never seen maryville play but do not take them lightly.

since this is maryvilles third trip in a row to the blue cross bowl i would have to say the dogs are the underdog....

Ik Gq will have the guys ready to go. Smyrna is really good, but they are going to be hurting without Meadows. I wish him luck in the future. I love being the underdog, I believe it gives us a since of fight. I think our lines will be the key and our passing game. Im ready for Saturday. Go Rebs!!

Your lines or you kidding me, are you watching the Columbia Hendersonville game were the big lines of Columbia are just dominating the smaller more athletic lines of Hendersonville. Smyrna/Maryville Like I said earlier looking at the rosters I think Smyrna is going to have one heck of a game.

Your lines or you kidding me, are you watching the Columbia Hendersonville game were the big lines of Columbia are just dominating the smaller more athletic lines of Hendersonville. Smyrna/Maryville Like I said earlier looking at the rosters I think Smyrna is going to have one heck of a game.

So are you laughing at Maryville's linemen ? Are you thinking small and weak ? Tell us what you really think .

I have watched smyrna play for the last five years but only seen one alcoa game. from what saw today there is not much comparison on offense. alco is big a powerful and smyrna is smaller and fast with some powere as some one said in a previous post. the main diff is bryson. i have never seen anyone who has a similar running style.

we have about 5 very effective backs that are very unique.

i have never seen maryville play but do not take them lightly.

since this is maryvilles third trip in a row to the blue cross bowl i would have to say the dogs are the underdog....

Actually, this is our SEVENTH trip in a row....

I hope we have different referees than today's games. Let's go Maryville Rebels!!

I haven't seen a game in the Championship series the first two nights where the officiating looked competent. They've been totally exposed on the instant replays.

Anyone know the selection criteria? Must have been developed by the same people who came up with the seeding process for this year's playoffs!

So are you laughing at Maryville's linemen ? Are you thinking small and weak ? Tell us what you really think .

No I am not laughing at the Marryville linemen DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH !your poster just said he thinks the lines will be the key. I would not make fun of any of the young men representing thier schools. Just thinking of a poster making fun of one of the Smyrna linemen. Altho I have the right to think our line will also be the key just like you don't I? We have dominated most of the year on both sides of the ball at the lines!

You think just because you bigger, your better I definitely know that's not true. Ask the teams that Maryville has played that's been bigger then them. Bigger, aslo means slower. Yea, you may be able to move the front line every once and awhile, but can your bigger guys block the guys from the second level coming up. Your playing a team, that no one can guess what they are going to do. Also, if you try to throw it we have one of the best secondarys in the state. It will be a great game though. But just because your bigger, dosen't give you the automatic W.

"Your lines or ( are ) you kidding me " .... oh I guess you meant this as a nice compliment to our line ... my bad , sorry for the misunderstanding .

You think just because you bigger, your better I definitely know that's not true. Ask the teams that Maryville has played that's been bigger then them. Bigger, aslo means slower. Yea, you may be able to move the front line every once and awhile, but can your bigger guys block the guys from the second level coming up. Your playing a team, that no one can guess what they are going to do. Also, if you try to throw it we have one of the best secondarys in the state. It will be a great game though. But just because your bigger, dosen't give you the automatic W.

I never said it gives you the automatic WIN, at this level either team can WIN lots of things play into it I feel neither team is going to be able to turn the ball over several times and win sure you are a GREAT TEAM and I feel WE ARE TO! We respect you as a TEAM I don't think the WIN is going to come EASY for whoever WINS!