6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

I never said it gives you the automatic WIN, at this level either team can WIN lots of things play into it I feel neither team is going to be able to turn the ball over several times and win sure you are a GREAT TEAM and I feel WE ARE TO! We respect you as a TEAM I don't think the WIN is going to come EASY for whoever WINS!

There you go Bullydog , nice post , give respect and you'll get it . I expect a great game ! Wish Mike Keith was calling our game ... of course I'll be there in person but My Tivo would be a lot happier with the Keith Crew :thumb:

Besides that is where most games are won IN THE TRENCHES if you have great pass protection and great run blocking that goes along ways toward a win hard for a great quarterback to throw if he does not have the protection and time, that is not a knock on the Maryvilles line. I am just saying that is one of the reasons we won a lot of our games this year, because of OUR LINE. Lets all hope for a GREAT AND INJURY FREE GAME

See Ya at the Game

My bad BullyDog, it has been frustrating for me to see people attack the players. Like today i was reading an article from an undisclosed source but a reporter from knoxville, attacked the playing ability of both the left and right offensive tackles from Maryville. Its tough to see that newspapers from your area attack their own area teams. Sorry i got so defensive.

My bad BullyDog, it has been frustrating for me to see people attack the players. Like today i was reading an article from an undisclosed source but a reporter from knoxville, attacked the playing ability of both the left and right offensive tackles from Maryville. Its tough to see that newspapers from your area attack their own area teams. Sorry i got so defensive.

No problem I know how you feel. Both of the TEAMS are great or we would not be here! We should all be proud of them. WIN or Lose I will be proud of our, TEAM no other teams in the state can say they are one of the best two 6A teams in the STATE!

Have a safe Trip if you are going to the GAME

I have watched smyrna play for the last five years but only seen one alcoa game. from what saw today there is not much comparison on offense. alco is big a powerful and smyrna is smaller and fast with some powere as some one said in a previous post. the main diff is bryson. i have never seen anyone who has a similar running style.

we have about 5 very effective backs that are very unique.

i have never seen maryville play but do not take them lightly.

since this is maryvilles third trip in a row to the blue cross bowl i would have to say the dogs are the underdog....

you must have not seen vee hambrick running the ball then lol... best wished to smyrna and maryville sat night

no joke, that was the most uninterested bunch call a game i have ever seen... booooorrrriiiinggg... i like mike keith, he gets into it..

Personally after Keith, I would prefer Holcomb (Sp?) crew. Howard and Dyson did a horrible job in the game last night w/ Ensworth. As confused and undecided as Dyson was, he is a head high school coach in Williamson County.

I don't know how the Alcoa Championship game effects Smyrna's perception of Maryville. But, I feel pretty good about us only losing to them by three.

Now, some might say, "look who they played." I am still not sure that Goodpasture is that bad. It is just that Alcoa is a great team!

I must say, I feel like the Rebels need to play well tonight, if nothing else than to show people that Alcoa is that good! In any classification!

I don't know how the Alcoa Championship game effects Smyrna's perception of Maryville. But, I feel pretty good about us only losing to them by three.

Now, some might say, "look who they played." I am still not sure that Goodpasture is that bad. It is just that Alcoa is a great team!

I must say, I feel like the Rebels need to play well tonight, if nothing else than to show people that Alcoa is that good! In any classification!

UH well I hope Maryville plays well tonight too , but it has absolutely nothing to do with Alcoa . Alcoa won their game , we cheered them on , now they can cheer us on .

When we get to the point where we're wanting to win to make Alcoa look good .... well I just believe that's going too far .

Edited by pepvol