6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Congratulations to our Rebels. This team fought on when most teams would have given up. Thanks to our Seniors for there leadership we are going to miss you guys. Patton you were amazing to play the way you did when you were hurt shows your dedication to this team. Offensive blocking was great. Zack you're always a star. Colquitt's punting was right on. Prevo you are going to be fun to watch the next couple of years. Defense was outstanding best game of the season! Coaching what can I say except you can't be beat. Way to go Rebs!

If OR thinks they can beat Smyrna maybe they should have the coach call Matt Williams at SHS we are still looking for some out of district games.

And I agree with an earlier post the Punter for MHS won the game. Kept the Bulldogs in the deep end of the field all night.

Wow, what a great game! First of all, Congrats to the Smynra team, coaches and community. You guys had a great year. Your team and fans showed a lot of class and represented the school very well. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the fight of the Bulldogs and they showed it until the end.

Schedules, rankings, opinions of coaches, injuries, and imaginary matchups did not matter last night. Great teams find a way to win. I can't give credit or place blame on any one player. Maryville won because of the play of their team...it was great assignment football. Everybody did their job and the rebels brought home the Gold Ball this year.

Props to both teams , and M-Ville congrats on what you have done over the years BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>> are you the Boise State on Tennessee football ?

I am sorry but I would wonder what team you would be if you faced Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale week after week plus throw in Smyrna's non conference games Brentwood & Ensworth?

Guess we will find out soon

Saruh...Don't tell mommaSTARS butt eye thank yore a purty hot pollytishun....Howevur stay inn pollyticks.....And we fount out..... Bosie State (Mairvul) iz all GOLD today!!!......... :thumb:

I just hope lil ol' smyrna can hang in there against this legendary, spectacular, rich in tradition power house that is MARYVILLE. These boys took it to riverdale last year with their WORST team since like 2000. smyrna just has a banged up starting running back and is missing a starting LB, probably just going to be another BLOWOUT against the 2nd WORST MARYVILLE team since 2000. Geez bulldogs, should have just laid down and forfeited already...smyrna faithful, alumni, students, don't even bother going to the game. The RIGOROUS, RIDICULOUSLY TOUGH (yet somehow underrated) schedule MARYVILLE has played has left them WAY more prepared than the little ol lavergnes smyrna has played. I pray for you bulldogs...

ALL HAIL THE MARYVILLE REBELS

Lord knows they are the CHOSEN ONES and come to CoachT for motivation!

If anyone feels gracious enough to give a little hope to the bulldogs of smyrna please do!

MARYVILLE - 59

smyrna - 2 (Safety at the end of the game given by MARYVILLE)

EAST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL REIGNS SUPREME...AGAIN!

Ewe played tuffer......EAST TENNESSEE REIGNS SUPREME!!!

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hope he's not your star....in 07 when their qb was a freshman..oh man our motto on the sidelines was smear the freshman!!! and the motivation was are you gonna let that freshman score on you guys!?!?! (talking to the seniors of course)

Sorry seantn_4 tha frashman did scorr a cupple and run fer a buck 08.....He iz jist one ov our stars... :thumb:

Yeah and that team finished FOURTH in our district and was The 2nd seed in your bracket come on man our first playoff game our 8th seed won thier district Brentwood Besides you have already proved you can't play with the little boys did not Alcoa a 3A team beat ya An old RUTHERFORD county coached team, Rankin builds his team on SPEED like Smyrna but you have not seen SPEED YET

There's so many to choose from it's really hard to narrow it down ... lol

I hope this doesn't change any of the rankings that you guys were so proud of ... last I heard we were 89th and you all were 35th .... they can move us to 189th , and you all up to 8th ( that seems to be a good number for you all ) , the Gold Ball was all we really wanted so you all can keep the rest . How our slow , little Blount county boys ever hung with the mighty RUTHERFORD county boys i'll never know . :thumb:

Sorry seantn_4 tha frashman did scorr a cupple and run fer a buck 08.....He iz jist one ov our stars... :thumb:

I loved it when our " Little Freshman " carried about 6 Smyrna boys who were trying to play " Smear the Freshman " to get that first down at the end of the game ! I just watched that play again and it was funny how that same ref that called offensive interference on Romberg , shorted the little Freshman 2 yards .

Just when Maryville thought they had class?

Maryville winning football state titles not regarded in the best public school classification, NF. Smyrna winning their football state titles in the highest public school classification back-to-back, TFM.

Maryville is the Boise State of Tennessee H.S. football, happy to be there, but ready to be sent back to their place.

The only thing Maryville is missing is "smurf turf," TFM.

Smyrna once played Maryville, then continued to play real public schools, TFM.

Smyrna doesn't have to play in a lower classification to win state championships, TFM.

All joking aside, I just can't help but remember last year White Station reversing fields and the Maryville players being dumb-founded. I guarantee you this is the MOST athletic team you will have seen all year. I guarantee you this is the most STINGY and FAST defense you will have seen all year. The Smyrna offense WILL score pounding the ball in the end zone. Maryville is a great team, no doubt, but having to face adversity at the hands of a team MUCH more athletic, deeper, more athletic team will be an interesting test. The Bulldogs MUST be favors looking at who they've beaten and played, but not by much to the common eye. Coaching can only get you so far. White Station's players last year weren't making a donkey out of GQ, but rather the players chasing White Stations skill position players all over the field. KEY WORD CHASING. I'm sorry, but for me this will not be close. Maryville just does not want it as bad as the Smyrna Bulldogs do and that's the honest truth. There' something special about Smyrna in the state championship game, they're 2-0. Undefeated. Unbeaten. Clutch. I just don't think a team like Maryville has the chance to beat them.

Bitin' my tung reel hard hear...Eye must be a GEED..... :o