6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

I understand that but saying you wouldve scored 21 more points I dont think you would have. The adjustment Smyrna made at halftime basically ended the option play. Yall were getting hit almost as soon as you got the ball in the backfield with the exception of the last drive. Look Maryville won and did what they had to to win I understand that but people saying they weren't impressed with Shs sound dumb. You got whooped pretty good in the second half and 9 out of 10 times you would lose that game in that situation. So I guess maryville isnt very good either then. I mean you guys are making excuses for why you didn't play well the second half and you won. I dont get it. It seems like insecurity to me because you know in the second half you didn't look very good. Fact is you breezed by and a more disciplined team like Blackman would beat yall there. I say Blackman because I believe they are about equal with Smyrna but you wouldn't matchup well with them at all. Now obviously they werent there but I'm trying to prove a point here. Now you did deserve it I'm not saying you didn't because you did. This is not trying to take away from your team but to knock some sense into your posters. I mean I feel like we were watching two different ballgames or something. Maybe somebody slipped me something in my drink that made me imagine a different world but yall make it sound like you dominated and that was certainly not the case. If yall are going to use excuses as the winner as to why you didn't win by more then I will do the same thing. Deon Meadows best LB in Tn arguably. If he plays you lose. Bye Bye Board bash away. Done!

Dude , you are certainly entitled to your opinion and Smyrna has a great team. We did not play that well in the 2nd half but no need to hash that again. I believe as many do on here and other places that MARYVILLE had your # going into the locker room at the half, if all things were the same as in the 1st, but they were not so MARYVILLE adapted and survived to win.

I heard that Dyson was a coach in Middle Tennessee. Is he a head coach or an assistant? What school is it?

I don't think the TSSAA acts on anything too fast. I sent their webmaster an email about three months ago telling him that they had records for a school listed as "Maryville Everett" and "Everett". The problem was these are the same school but their historical records are split. Oh well, that's the TSSAA for you.

I wish Mike Keith could do all of the games. I realize this is too much time in the booth and he would be a little loopy when he got done. I think the fact that he is from Middle TN but spent many years in Knoxville helps him be very objective. I think John Wilkerson from WNML would do a good job also.

Kevin Dyson. Former Titans WR. Almost won the Super Bowl but came up inches short. He is the AD and Head coach at Independence High School. :thumb:

... Talk is cheap my friend. But a long-winded struggle with the English language coupled with confusing winners as losers in such an absolute fashion; that is down-right embarrassment. I feel bad for you.

Hits all rite starbucks1...Eye feel bad fer me two...But eye do haiv a lot two bee thankfull fer...

A. A nice GOLDEN glow at 825 Lawrence

2. Maybee enuff munny two bye a starbucks lottay once a munth

C. A nice big woman two curl up agin on these cold wintur nites... :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS

... like the Alcoa game? Check out the film on that one and take a real good look at how your boy closed there. He is also a year older and a grade behind Canfield--held back to manipulate the system and appease family members who Coach at M-ville. GQ is his godfather. No joke.

Canfield did the job and will do it again later in College, when he is Robinette's age. Regardless, Canfield has family that have graduated from Harvard, one is a current Professor there. His people do not place sports over education.

Yeah, you're right. Patten got held back in 7th grade cause they knew he was gonna be starter for the Rebels in 6 years. HA.

I don't think he places sports of academics either, considering he made a 36 on the ACT. Harvard is licking its lips trying to get him to come to school there.

That being said, I go to church with Austin, and the kid is a great one. He is small to play to QB position, but smart and throws a pretty ball. And you are correct in saying that he should do fine in small college somewhere, if he chooses to play. Canfield did what he was supposed to do. Protected the ball, and did enough to hang on. I don't think anyone, including himself, expected him to go out and throw for 100 yards int he second half, but he stepped under center and hung on to the victory.

But, if Robinette had stayed in the game, I would have loved to see what would have happened in the second half.

Yeah, you're right. Patten got held back in 7th grade cause they knew he was gonna be starter for the Rebels in 6 years. HA.

I don't think he places sports of academics either, considering he made a 36 on the ACT. Harvard is licking its lips trying to get him to come to school there.

That being said, I go to church with Austin, and the kid is a great one. He is small to play to QB position, but smart and throws a pretty ball. And you are correct in saying that he should do fine in small college somewhere, if he chooses to play. Canfield did what he was supposed to do. Protected the ball, and did enough to hang on. I don't think anyone, including himself, expected him to go out and throw for 100 yards int he second half, but he stepped under center and hung on to the victory.

But, if Robinette had stayed in the game, I would have loved to see what would have happened in the second half.

Harvard? really?

Harvard, yes, really: Ruth "Roo" Canfield (Dad's sister-'82), Ted Canfield (Grandfather's brother), Paul Kuklinski (married to Ruth-'82), and David C. King (married to dad's other sister)- current Professor.

We will see what Canfield can do in the future. He managed to beat confederate-style politics and nepotism through fate alone; so maybe that Church you all attend is the real deal!

Other: size??? His biological father is 6'0 200 (big enough for football), but he played college tennis. Flutie was only 5'10" and under 180 lbs. Austin Canfield will grow a little more like his dad did. Again, when he is Patton's age (next year) he will be far into College.

So it's his Dad's sister's husband.. I see..