6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

The running doesn't worry me that much. The passing yes in fact I'm a bit worried about that. We are not as used to seeing good QBs in middle TN because everyone just runs the dang thing.

maryville will pass you silly and have a great receiver in desmond horne... and a very fast little white kid named preston burnette...and a few other good options...quarles excels in the passing game... here is a pic of patton robinette, he is a good sized kid, great player

http://unapproved website/photo/gallery.aspx?athleteid=031905fc-62ac-4506-9c5e-88051db15863&imageid=4d6dba30-3864-41ac-b59f-fafd863f5ea7&ssid=12962347-09a5-472f-9657-920aeaafd78b#imageid=4d6dba30-3864-41ac-b59f-fafd863f5ea7

hmmm, wont let me show it, sorry... google him though, patton robinette

you know I wouldn't feel so bad about it if Meadows was playing and Bryson was for sure 100%. Meadows typically brings a great pass rush with blazing speed but that obviously won't be a factor. Jeremiah does a great job of cracking heads and flys to the ball. I think he will be 100% though. I do think however that Smyrna will be able to move the ball on Maryville as well but not in the air as much as on the ground. Heck who knows though we will find out Saturday I guess.

What do you even know about the Maryville-Alcoa game? Speed is not the reason we lost. Plain & simple.

Here's some MHS knowledge for ya: If we make an open field tackle in that game (Game #1) at the end we win (4th down). Fast forward to the quarterfinals w/ Bearden and the same kid steps up and makes the open field play - and it just happened to be on Devrin Young. FYI D Young > all other backs in TN

Which Maryville fan was calling #56 a name? I must have missed it. I think it's pretty clear we're not down w/ that.

I thought '06 & '07 was going to mean something for "clutch" Smyrna?

I never said a Marryville fan called 56 a name I just said they were calling names. But they did Photo shopped his photo and they did say a few things about him that was not cool now that you did mention it.

I do not agree with ya on the D Young > all other backs in Tn I feel Matters is better and got robbed he had more yards more touch downs and plays a tougher strength of schedule. Just my opinion and everybody is entitled to their opinion

you know I wouldn't feel so bad about it if Meadows was playing and Bryson was for sure 100%. Meadows typically brings a great pass rush with blazing speed but that obviously won't be a factor. Jeremiah does a great job of cracking heads and flys to the ball. I think he will be 100% though. I do think however that Smyrna will be able to move the ball on Maryville as well but not in the air as much as on the ground. Heck who knows though we will find out Saturday I guess.

yeah, well we (OR) got some good pressure on him, but he is great at escaping pressure... a few times we had him sacked for losses, but he managed to escape cause of his size and speed.... id venture to say yall have better speed than oak ridge though, so we will see like you say...there wasnt a guy on our team who could catch robinette when he broke an 80 yard run on us, and that surprised me.. he has great wheels for a big guy

yeah, well we (OR) got some good pressure on him, but he is great at escaping pressure... a few times we had him sacked for losses, but he managed to escape cause of his size and speed.... id venture to say yall have better speed than oak ridge though, so we will see like you say...there wasnt a guy on our team who could catch robinette when he broke an 80 yard run on us, and that surprised me.. he has great wheels for a big guy

Ya Smyrna is fast fast fast fast. Maybe the fastest team I've seen defensively with my own two eyes. I would have a hard time believing he would outrun them but, he may break enough tackles to keep the play alive and make throws downfield.

Ya Smyrna is fast fast fast fast. Maybe the fastest team I've seen defensively with my own two eyes. I would have a hard time believing he would outrun them but, he may break enough tackles to keep the play alive and make throws downfield.

oh, i believe you... his speed will surprise you though, he has football speed so to say...

and i would venture to say that alcoa is just as fast as smyrna, and he didnt have much problem against them making plays, just saying... i believe smyrna is fast though...

I never said a Marryville fan called 56 a name I just said they were calling names. But they did Photo shopped his photo and they did say a few things about him that was not cool now that you did mention it.

Calling who names? Which Maryville fan photoshopped the picture? Which Maryville fans said things that weren't cool, and what did they say that offended you?

I do not agree with ya on the D Young > all other backs in Tn I feel Matters is better and got robbed he had more yards more touch downs and plays a tougher strength of schedule. Just my opinion and everybody is entitled to their opinion

I thought it was pretty obvious that the photoshopping and name calling came from Alcoa fans ... not Maryville fans .