6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

hey, im an oak ridge fan, i have no horse in this race, just been keeping up with this thread, and 90 percent of the trash being thrown is by smyrna fans, not maryville... the ones talking smack arent even maryville fans that are talking smack against yall, just saying

Yes but the Maryville fans have been the name callers and making fun of the team now that is not cool I have not made fun of your team and would not. I know they are good or they would not be playing for the GOLD BALL we just believe in our team like you believe in yours.

Yes but the Maryville fans have been the name callers and making fun of the team now that is not cool I have not made fun of your team and would not. I know they are good or they would not be playing for the GOLD BALL we just believe in our team like you believe in yours.

fair enough man, i wish both teams the best...

So how does a small school like Alcoa get all that talent?

because to be honest they have a large pool of african american athletes to choose from... that may not be politically correct,but its just the truth... alcoa is a small school and town, but a lot of them are black, and lets just be honest black athletes are usually better athletes than white kids... not politically correct, but it is true... and btw, i am white myself lol, just stating a fact... some people may not agree... dont get me wrong, rankin is a heckuva coach, but he has the resources at alcoa, as he had at riverdale too... i think rankin is best at strength and conditioning and discipline with players... quarles is good with discipline too, but to me is a better x's and o's coach... this is just my opinion though, we all have them.

We don't down play anybody I was just saying Speed done beat ya once and I think we have speed!

What do you even know about the Maryville-Alcoa game? Speed is not the reason we lost. Plain & simple.

Here's some MHS knowledge for ya: If we make an open field tackle in that game (Game #1) at the end we win (4th down). Fast forward to the quarterfinals w/ Bearden and the same kid steps up and makes the open field play - and it just happened to be on Devrin Young. FYI D Young > all other backs in TN

Besides I don't call any of you guys names. So who has class the name callers?

Which Maryville fan was calling #56 a name? I must have missed it. I think it's pretty clear we're not down w/ that.

When are you going to learn this is not the past!

I thought '06 & '07 was going to mean something for "clutch" Smyrna?

No classes together. You would have seen me at pep rallies on Friday game days and then heard me on Friday nights. Will be glad to give a Bulldog fan a lift to the game. Call me at 615-596-5911.

ok i know who you are! ill call you tomorrow as its late now and the phones charging.....thank you for the lift in advance

How good is Maryville's QB? If he is a good solid QB then this game really worries me a lot. I think to beat SHS you have to be able to throw the football. They do have an outstanding D that is almost impossible to run on but, sometimes there pass defense lets teams stay in the game or even come back on them. I mean the guys that have had sucess throwing the ball on them aren't exactly D-1 QBs. They may be servicable but not outstanding. If someone could let me know that would be great. I'm terribly curious.

How good is Maryville's QB? If he is a good solid QB then this game really worries me a lot. I think to beat SHS you have to be able to throw the football. They do have an outstanding D that is almost impossible to run on but, sometimes there pass defense lets teams stay in the game or even come back on them. I mean the guys that have had sucess throwing the ball on them aren't exactly D-1 QBs. They may be servicable but not outstanding. If someone could let me know that would be great. I'm terribly curious.

maryvilles qb is 6'4 200+ lbs and mobile and has a rifle for an arm... if that is something as a smyrna fan you should be worried about, then you should be cause he is a legit QB... the boy can run and throw...He almost singlehandedly beat us (OR) last week...he is impressive

maryvilles qb is 6'4 200+ lbs and mobile and has a rifle for an arm... if that is something as a smyrna fan you should be worried about, then you should be cause he is a legit QB... the boy can run and throw...He almost singlehandedly beat us (OR) last week...he is impressive

The running doesn't worry me that much. The passing yes in fact I'm a bit worried about that. We are not as used to seeing good QBs in middle TN because everyone just runs the dang thing.