6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

even the American Bulldog has to admtit that was funny :roflol: , however Big Nate does'nt think its very funny...somebody is gonna get splashed :shock:

Looks like the only thing he's been making a splash at was the buffet line at Golden Coral. He looks like the most nonathletic big man Ive ever seen. Whats up with Slim Shady and Kim Jong Il? Kinda takes away the whole "hard" theme they were trying to go for. :roflol:

Looks like the only thing he's been making a splash at was the buffet line at Golden Coral. He looks like the most nonathletic big man Ive ever seen. Whats up with Slim Shady and Kim Jong Il? Kinda takes away the whole "hard" theme they were trying to go for. :roflol:

know what ? yr right...you guys have nothing to worry about. he's just a big ole softy

I'm sorry , I find a lot of things funny , but singling out high school kids and making fun of them I do not . Giving adult posters a hard time ( like my buddy Bulldawg Bundy ) ... no problem ... making fun of 16-18 year old kids .... not funny at all .

• Upvote 1

Just when Maryville thought they had class?

Maryville winning football state titles not regarded in the best public school classification, NF. Smyrna winning their football state titles in the highest public school classification back-to-back, TFM.

Maryville is the Boise State of Tennessee H.S. football, happy to be there, but ready to be sent back to their place.

The only thing Maryville is missing is "smurf turf," TFM.

Smyrna once played Maryville, then continued to play real public schools, TFM.

Smyrna doesn't have to play in a lower classification to win state championships, TFM.

Smyrna hazing Maryville in the state championship game, TFM.

If you don't know TFM...you're a GEED.

All joking aside, I just can't help but remember last year White Station reversing fields and the Maryville players being dumb-founded. I guarantee you this is the MOST athletic team you will have seen all year. I guarantee you this is the most STINGY and FAST defense you will have seen all year. The Smyrna offense WILL score pounding the ball in the end zone. Maryville is a great team, no doubt, but having to face adversity at the hands of a team MUCH more athletic, deeper, more athletic team will be an interesting test. The Bulldogs MUST be favors looking at who they've beaten and played, but not by much to the common eye. Coaching can only get you so far. White Station's players last year weren't making a donkey out of GQ, but rather the players chasing White Stations skill position players all over the field. KEY WORD CHASING. I'm sorry, but for me this will not be close. Maryville just does not want it as bad as the Smyrna Bulldogs do and that's the honest truth. There' something special about Smyrna in the state championship game, they're 2-0. Undefeated. Unbeaten. Clutch. I just don't think a team like Maryville has the chance to beat them. All of you Maryville posters keep saying 'The offense gets what the defense gives.' While that sounds great in THEORY, you need to have an offensive identity in the end.

I'll tell you guys right now what Maryville will do, play field position and pray Smyrna does not get a short field. Then on offense they will throw the ball probably 70-30 because the secondary of Smyrna is considered the 'soft spot'. 2 turnovers later due to rushed throws and not being able to withstand the pass rush, GQ will throw some trickery that will swing momentum one way or another. Either way, Smyrna will have the chance to throw the knock-out punch and probably will with #5 breaking a long run down the sideline or Mr. Flemming doing it in place of him.

State predictions:

Smyrna:

225+yards rushing

120+yards passing

Around 20 first downs

1 Turnover

2 Takeways

Maryville:

80> yards rushing

150> yards passing

12 first downs

2 INTS

1 Takeaway

Score Prediction:

Smyrna - 31

Maryville - 20 (2 FG's for that Mr Football Kicker)

Good luck at the game both teams, may the best team win.

I'm sorry , I find a lot of things funny , but singling out high school kids and making fun of them I do not . Giving adult posters a hard time ( like my buddy Bulldawg Bundy ) ... no problem ... making fun of 16-18 year old kids .... not funny at all .

Agree 100% Pepvol. I'm all for talking smack to other grown ups on here.....but, leave the kids out of it. Bad taste IMHO.