3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

What's this whole thing about Rankin cant coach? The only people I hear say that is Rutherford Co people who felt he took all of the talent while at Riverdale and now at Alcoa. They guy can coach...PERIOD. Personally, no, I dont think he's better then GQ and I never will but you've seen what Alcoa has been able to do against very good Maryville teams since Alcoa has had him as coach. GQ is high on the list but Rankin is right there behind him and anyone that doesnt realize that probably needs to stop watching football.

alcoafan72, so am I wrong about the open zoning? My understanding is that students can pay a fee and be able to attend Alcoa and play. So are you saying that is not correct? And please stay with the question. I was not trying to downgrade Alcoa at all, just the opposite!! The fact that the school is so small makes what they have done even better!! Since everybody seems to have a chip on there shoulder perhaps I should not post on any East Tn post anymore. I just tried to say that Alcoa has no peers in 3A and really will not be tested...because they are so good. I said I would like to see them play 6A teams so they would be tested and we they could have a good State Title game...because they are that good, they beat the 6A champ!! (I never said they play a weak schedual or anything like that-they play who is put in front of them!). I think Rankin is the best Coach in the State!! Period! He gets the most out of his kids. A lot of kids can't play for him because of what he demands from them.

And last but not least, I am not saying you said all these things!!! I just wanted to clear this up in one post IF some of the later comments were taken as a slam on Rankin in any way. :flower:

How many times has this got to be said.If you want to go to an alcoa city school and get a fantastic education and or participate in sports or band or cheerleading or anything else the school offers and you live outside the city limits you can pay tuition and attend this great school.You have to make passing grades and be a good citizen.It is up to the parents to put you in ,Alcoa does NOT go out and recruit players,If this was true we would also be winning state championships in all the other sports.I or anyone else cannot explain it any clearer than this.If you or anyone else cannot understand,then question your own school system for your shortcomings.Good grief the dang horse is dead already.If you or anyone else has any proof that Alcoa is cheating I implore you to contact the TSSAA and turn them in with the proof.

How many times has this got to be said.If you want to go to an alcoa city school and get a fantastic education and or participate in sports or band or cheerleading or anything else the school offers and you live outside the city limits you can pay tuition and attend this great school.You have to make passing grades and be a good citizen.It is up to the parents to put you in ,Alcoa does NOT go out and recruit players,If this was true we would also be winning state championships in all the other sports.I or anyone else cannot explain it any clearer than this.If you or anyone else cannot understand,then question your own school system for your shortcomings.Good grief the dang horse is dead already.If you or anyone else has any proof that Alcoa is cheating I implore you to contact the TSSAA and turn them in with the proof.

Twister, what is it with you Alcoa fans??? I never said anything about you cheating!! I understood how the tuition system works, but "alcoa72" said I didn't know squat!! All I did was praise you guys but whatever reason you guys have that chip on your shoulder that make you turn everything into a negative comment. He said I didn't know squat about the tuition so I asked if I was not correct. You imply that I was correct but am saying you cheated!!!! Where did you get that from my praise of your team and Coach Rankin?? I give up!! heck, I don't really even care!!!LOL

Twister, what is it with you Alcoa fans??? I never said anything about you cheating!! I understood how the tuition system works, but "alcoa72" said I didn't know squat!! All I did was praise you guys but whatever reason you guys have that chip on your shoulder that make you turn everything into a negative comment. He said I didn't know squat about the tuition so I asked if I was not correct. You imply that I was correct but am saying you cheated!!!! Where did you get that from my praise of your team and Coach Rankin?? I give up!! heck, I don't really even care!!!LOL

They have no CLASS they will twist anything you say to their advantage. I'm Done here

Why do you need clarification on something you already know?What is the point in bringing it up?It is what it is.I have no chip on my shoulder I am not turning it into a negative.Every time this OOZ stuff comes up,it is only because people think that it is an unfair advantage.I was a tuition student at Alcoa 30 years ago for a total of 6 years.So its been going on for at the very least 36 years.Does it need to be discussed any more?I dont think so.If I said anything or came across in any other way i am sorry.as far as the other poster below state's that Alcoa people are classless all I can say is we dont give a flip about how anyone feels about us.Let me put it like this in capitol letters WE DO NOT CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you need clarification on something you already know?What is the point in bringing it up?It is what it is.I have no chip on my shoulder I am not turning it into a negative.Every time this OOZ stuff comes up,it is only because people think that it is an unfair advantage.I was a tuition student at Alcoa 30 years ago for a total of 6 years.So its been going on for at the very least 36 years.Does it need to be discussed any more?I dont think so.If I said anything or came across in any other way i am sorry.as far as the other poster below state's that Alcoa people are classless all I can say is we dont give a flip about how anyone feels about us.Let me put it like this in capitol letters WE DO NOT CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't need clarification on it. Alcoa72 said I was wrong!!! So I asked again because I thought he was mistaken. I was listing it as one of many reasons it is a good place to coach!!!!

But I know....YOU DO NOT CARE!

I didn't need clarification on it. Alcoa72 said I was wrong!!! So I asked again because I thought he was mistaken. I was listing it as one of many reasons it is a good place to coach!!!!

But I know....YOU DO NOT CARE!

It's "WE"...........Pretty dang sure about that....but if you need CLARIFICATION on that also then by all means knock yourself out.

It's "WE"...........Pretty dang sure about that....but if you need CLARIFICATION on that also then by all means knock yourself out.

"WE"????? I think I now understand why people can love your program and hate your fans!!!!!

And I know, YOU (yes you, the one I was trying to have a conversation with) DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't group all Alcoa fans into a group based on a few fans and say "WE".

"WE"????? I think I now understand why people can love your program and hate your fans!!!!!

And I know, YOU (yes you, the one I was trying to have a conversation with) DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't group all Alcoa fans into a group based on a few fans and say "WE".

So you are saying that YOU actually care what other people think?Dude I dont know YOU and by the few messages passed back and forth.I know I dont want to.You might be an alright person,but I am over all this crap.You can keep on going on and on,but I am bored with it all,so have a nice life and well what ever..

For a knowitall-you know squat :thumb:

Some people just don't understand..........even after being there...and for the record Mrknowitall, Alcoa72 said "you know squat".........where is that saying you don't know anything????? :o

and as for saying how people hate the Alcoa Fans..........Hater's Hate on!!!! I'm quite sure if teams had records like ours or as the old saying goes, if the shoe was on the other foot...................need I say more???? Nope that's why I'm gone!!!! :motorbike:

Twister how can I get that DVD?

Some people just don't understand..........even after being there...and for the record Mrknowitall, Alcoa72 said "you know squat".........where is that saying you don't know anything????? :o

and as for saying how people hate the Alcoa Fans..........Hater's Hate on!!!! I'm quite sure if teams had records like ours or as the old saying goes, if the shoe was on the other foot...................need I say more???? Nope that's why I'm gone!!!! :motorbike:

Twister how can I get that DVD?

Pm Me

Geez...for all of your "so called" praise and why I felt this was not worth answering or addressing. Note the comments in bold.

Why do people even question if Alcoa will win? Or do they? I think it is a given in 3A. You have Rankin, open zoning (which is probably why Rankin found that job attractive- who wouldn't) <back-handed compliment,proud tradition, and most of all lots of talent! (which you don't have to fight for.....pay and play) < delusion that all one has to do is pay tuition (assumption that the talent pool is/are tuition students)and you get to play at Alcoa, which is a direct knock on the homegrown talent. It is a shame they don't play 6A where they would at least get tested from time to time. <Knock on that fact that Alcoa is a legit 3A school that plays one of the best teams in TN every year in Maryville (6A Champs)and a usually tough non-district schedule.Not to mention that CAK, Loudon and Polk Co. are tough 3A teams. I didn't go watch this game yesterday because I knew what would happen. Had nothing to do with Goodpasture, could have been any team in 3A, but unless you have a friend or family playing, what is the point? I read where Alcoa fans say nobody will play them, and that may be true. But it may have more to do with what is seen as a unfair advantage by most coaches on the open zoning. Rankin knows what he is doing!! He saw the new schools coming to Rutherford county (and 2 more on the way) and moved to a place where he could get all the talent and not have to listen to the "recruiting" crap. <This comment is not only a personal knock on coach Rankin, but it's the "real" crap here. Alcoa has a great program and will continue to dominate 3A, I just wish there was a way they could move up and play with the better teams <assumption that bigger is better-Alcoa has already proven that this is not the case! so we could get a decent state game for them. BTW Alcoa will move up when their enrollment increases...

Knowing is half the battle...in your case it's a struggle :thumb:

Have a Merry Christmas <_<

Edited by alcoafan72