3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

There is absolutely no way that Milan or Goodpasture would beat CAK if they played here, there, or anywhere this year...and wouldn't in last couple years either! I think Loudon and Polk Co would give them all they wanted if they too did not beat them. Just like the past few years, The top 4 teams in the state at the beginning and ending(based on how good the team really is, not how far they went into playoffs...for obvious reasons) of the season should be: 1. Alcoa, 2. CAK, 3. Loudon, 4. Polk Co.! Now, in saying that, do I think Goodpasture and Milan are good 3A teams? Yes. They have to be to make it that far every year. I think they are both very good teams, but they are not as good as the 4 above mentioned.

I believe I saw an earlier post where CAK was needing another game next year...maybe Goodpasture or Milan could fill that spot and meet around Cookeville for the game. Perhaps on a saturday so we can all come watch. I believe it was week 5 or close to it. One of you 2 get with your administration and make it happen! It would be great for these type of discussions!

I would go to that game. I am an Alcoa fan and watch CAK closely knowing that in the past few years have been the best team we have faced with a chance to unseat Alcoa.

NO doubt in my mind they would have drilled GP in the game I saw last night.

This is about the most classless post I've ever read on coachT.

I am a Goodpasture Fan and I think most of us felt they would have to play a perfect game just to keep it close. Alcoa is a great team, probably the best regardless of classification. The players and coaches are a class act. I think the reason that alot of people can't stand Alcoa is because comments like this from some of their fans.

Goodpasture has nothing for Alcoa, but they are hardly a joke of a program as you say; nor are the programs Goodpasture played along the way. You just spit in the face of what High School football is about.

One day Alcoa will lose, it may be 10 more years, but I hope you lose with as much class as you win with.

Congrats to Alcoa on another great year.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over how you feel about me,but looking back through all the post I dont see anywhere you called out any of the so called goodpasture fans.on this board.So think what you want about me.your post is not going to change my mind at all.Hope to see some better football play from the middle and west tn in the future,but so far the state championship playoffs have been in our region for the past six years lol.

You are correct...Scott Co did make it to the 2nd round. I forgot about them. My apologies to the Scott Co faithful.

DANR,

I apologize to you too. I have been saying that posts on here from some of our fans make our program look bad. According to some of our fans, no team we play is any good and apparently need to be reminded of that daily and downgraded to the point of no return. Regardless of who starts what on this message board, as disciplined and as much class as our team has, maybe some of our fans should take some lessons from the KIDS that play and the coaches! A little trash talking is just some fun on the computer...but to say a program is a joke whom just made the state championship game and finished 13-2, is ridiculous and just ignorant for anyone to say. I stated earlier that I thought Goodpasure was not a top 4 team in the state, however, they are definately a top 10 3A team in the state and a good team. Alcoa is just a lot better...just like a lot of the fans from Goodpasture and other schools keep saying.

So lets Alcoa fans try to be a little more disciplined on some of the stuff we say on here and not take away from what our great football team just accomplished.

Don't you have a dart tournament to play in?? :roflol:

Why do people even question if Alcoa will win? Or do they? I think it is a given in 3A. You have Rankin, open zoning (which is probably why Rankin found that job attractive- who wouldn't),proud tradition, and most of all lots of talent! (which you don't have to fight for.....pay and play) It is a shame they don't play 6A where they would at least get tested from time to time. I didn't go watch this game yesterday because I knew what would happen. Had nothing to do with Goodpasture, could have been any team in 3A, but unless you have a friend or family playing, what is the point? I read where Alcoa fans say nobody will play them, and that may be true. But it may have more to do with what is seen as a unfair advantage by most coaches on the open zoning. Rankin knows what he is doing!! He saw the new schools coming to Rutherford county (and 2 more on the way) and moved to a place where he could get all the talent and not have to listen to the "recruiting" crap. Alcoa has a great program and will continue to dominate 3A, I just wish there was a way they could move up and play with the better teams so we could get a decent state game for them.

For a knowitall-you know squat :thumb:

Now that the championship games have all concluded and it will be a little while before the high school football message boards will start humming again for the 2011 season, I just want to say thanks to the CoachT posters who make this an entertaining and informative avenue for those of us who have no more elgibility remaining. This makes high school football even more enjoyable for me. Sometimes it gets heated and I need to take a little time away from the computer, but all in all this is the next best thing to actually being in the stadium. Congratulations again to the Tornadoe Nation, another well deserved championship :thumb: Also, thanks to all those young men (and women) who carry on the traditions and put in the hours of hard work to make Friday nights enjoyable for guys like me who are way past our prime. :D

Heres to wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. See you all next year on CoachT or a stadium near you.

I am not a big fan of the Alcoa posters on CoachT but with that said.........

Everyone trying to rain on Alcoa's parade and Coach Rankin's accomplishments by saying they "should play in the higher class" needs to go GET A LIFE!

FACTS

FACT #1: Alcoa is one of the smallest schools in all of Class 3A

FACT #2: Alcoa's schedule for the next 2 years includes:

Maryville (State Champs)

Greeneville (State Champs)

Knoxville Webb (State Champs)

CAK (Quarterfinalist: #2 team in Class 3A)

Fulton (4A 2nd Round)

Scott County (4A 2nd Round)

Loudon (3A 2nd Round)

Austin East (3A 2nd Round)

Kingston (3A 1st Round)

Aside from Stone Memorial someone show me where Alcoa plays a "weak" opponent <_<

I saw a post last night that showed the guys Alcoa returns next year as well. Alcoa is going to be the 2011 Preseason #1 in Class 3A. They are going to have a great running back, a very good offensive line, an outstanding core of linebackers, and a very good secondary. They are going to have to replace the quarterback & 2 powerful running backs on offense. On defense they are going to have to find two book ends and a very good safety. They'll also have to find a new kicker.

I do believe that Rankin comes back for his 30th (and IMHO his final) year as a head football coach in the state of Tennessee in 2011. Ironically it will be his son's senior season as well. If Alcoa wins an 8th State Championship in 2011 it will be Rankin's 10th as a head football coach (1994, 1997, 2001, 2004, & 2006-2010 being the 9 he currently has). Rankin's overall record currently stands at 324-60 through 29 years as a head coach:

1982-1989 at Smith County: 59-31

1990-2005 at Riverdale: 194-25

2006-2010 at Alcoa: 71-4

CONGRATS TO ALCOA ON A 12TH STATE CHAMPIONSHIP & YOUR 7TH CONSECUTIVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP :thumb:

I am not a big fan of the Alcoa posters on CoachT but with that said.........

Everyone trying to rain on Alcoa's parade and Coach Rankin's accomplishments by saying they "should play in the higher class" needs to go GET A LIFE!

FACTS

FACT #1: Alcoa is one of the smallest schools in all of Class 3A

FACT #2: Alcoa's schedule for the next 2 years includes:

Maryville (State Champs)

Greeneville (State Champs)

Knoxville Webb (State Champs)

CAK (Quarterfinalist: #2 team in Class 3A)

Fulton (4A 2nd Round)

Scott County (4A 2nd Round)

Loudon (3A 2nd Round)

Austin East (3A 2nd Round)

Kingston (3A 1st Round)

Aside from Stone Memorial someone show me where Alcoa plays a "weak" opponent <_<

I saw a post last night that showed the guys Alcoa returns next year as well. Alcoa is going to be the 2011 Preseason #1 in Class 3A. They are going to have a great running back, a very good offensive line, an outstanding core of linebackers, and a very good secondary. They are going to have to replace the quarterback & 2 powerful running backs on offense. On defense they are going to have to find two book ends and a very good safety. They'll also have to find a new kicker.

I do believe that Rankin comes back for his 30th (and IMHO his final) year as a head football coach in the state of Tennessee in 2011. Ironically it will be his son's senior season as well. If Alcoa wins an 8th State Championship in 2011 it will be Rankin's 10th as a head football coach (1994, 1997, 2001, 2004, & 2006-2010 being the 9 he currently has). Rankin's overall record currently stands at 324-60 through 29 years as a head coach:

1982-1989 at Smith County: 59-31

1990-2005 at Riverdale: 194-25

2006-2010 at Alcoa: 71-4

CONGRATS TO ALCOA ON A 12TH STATE CHAMPIONSHIP & YOUR 7TH CONSECUTIVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP :thumb:

I know there has been a lot of post about Rankin leaving Alcoa but I would have to agree with you on this one. People who doubt his coaching abilities and coaching philosophy are really just haters. He will go down as one of the greatest coaches in this states history. I don't even agree with some of the things he does some times but how could you argue with the results.

As far as next year well its going to be a lot tougher. Should be an interesting year for the TORNADOES!!!

There is absolutely no way that Milan or Goodpasture would beat CAK if they played here, there, or anywhere this year...and wouldn't in last couple years either! I think Loudon and Polk Co would give them all they wanted if they too did not beat them. Just like the past few years, The top 4 teams in the state at the beginning and ending(based on how good the team really is, not how far they went into playoffs...for obvious reasons) of the season should be: 1. Alcoa, 2. CAK, 3. Loudon, 4. Polk Co.! Now, in saying that, do I think Goodpasture and Milan are good 3A teams? Yes. They have to be to make it that far every year. I think they are both very good teams, but they are not as good as the 4 above mentioned.

I believe I saw an earlier post where CAK was needing another game next year...maybe Goodpasture or Milan could fill that spot and meet around Cookeville for the game. Perhaps on a saturday so we can all come watch. I believe it was week 5 or close to it. One of you 2 get with your administration and make it happen! It would be great for these type of discussions!

me personally i would love to see something like this happen it would do nothing but make us a better team win or loose the only problem i would see would be the travel for both teams i guess u could alternate one yr play there and then the next play here meeting in the middle would be a good option too in my mind i just dont see it happening but hey u never know

For a knowitall-you know squat :thumb:

alcoafan72, so am I wrong about the open zoning? My understanding is that students can pay a fee and be able to attend Alcoa and play. So are you saying that is not correct? And please stay with the question. I was not trying to downgrade Alcoa at all, just the opposite!! The fact that the school is so small makes what they have done even better!! Since everybody seems to have a chip on there shoulder perhaps I should not post on any East Tn post anymore. I just tried to say that Alcoa has no peers in 3A and really will not be tested...because they are so good. I said I would like to see them play 6A teams so they would be tested and we they could have a good State Title game...because they are that good, they beat the 6A champ!! (I never said they play a weak schedual or anything like that-they play who is put in front of them!). I think Rankin is the best Coach in the State!! Period! He gets the most out of his kids. A lot of kids can't play for him because of what he demands from them.

And last but not least, I am not saying you said all these things!!! I just wanted to clear this up in one post IF some of the later comments were taken as a slam on Rankin in any way. :flower: