3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

:roflol:

"big boy ball"?? I think Alcoa knows a thing or two about "big boy ball". Alcoa would beat any Division 1 team in the state. 80% of them by as many TD's as they wanted. Alcoa would beat Maryville again and they'd beat Greeneville. They'd smoke anybody else. Havnt seen Franklin or Smyrna or Hendersonville play but I dont think I need to. People who say Alcoa needs to watch "big boy ball" is making a fool of themselves.

[/q

Haha! now calm down "Lil Britches" ! that might be true. but "woulda" "coulda" and "shoulda" aint gonna prove it. when you walk it like you talk it then i will be a beleiver. Congrats !

LOL...Its hard not to use "shoulda, woulda, or coulda" when you cant get any of them to step up and play you during the regular season! I will be a believer when one of them steps up to play us or CAK. Alcoa has had schedule openings the past couple years that they had to go out of state to fill cause nobody in state would play. We tried to get Ensworth to the Blount County bowl for a 2 yr deal to play with us, Maryville, and Webb...they declined! Alcoa obviously is not scared to play...next year we play Maryville(13-1 in the 6A state championship), Webb(D2 State Champion), Greeneville(14-0 in 4A state championship), Fulton(4A who lost to Greeneville in playoffs), Austin-East, Loudon, CAK(2nd best 3A team in state)...all who atleast won a playoff game this year, and Kingston who made the playoffs.

If they rank Goodpasture higher than 4th at the last pole it will be an injustice! They would finish no better than That in our region.What a joke of a program.Alot on here tried to say it.Including me,but I did not start talking smack till they did!

Earlier people were comparing who the best ALCOA teams were.I think we should discuss what was the worst goodpasture team ALCOA has played.LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

If they rank Goodpasture higher than 4th at the last pole it will be an injustice! They would finish no better than That in our region.What a joke of a program.Alot on here tried to say it.Including me,but I did not start talking smack till they did!

Earlier people were comparing who the best ALCOA teams were.I think we should discuss what was the worst goodpasture team ALCOA has played.LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

This is about the most classless post I've ever read on coachT.

I am a Goodpasture Fan and I think most of us felt they would have to play a perfect game just to keep it close. Alcoa is a great team, probably the best regardless of classification. The players and coaches are a class act. I think the reason that alot of people can't stand Alcoa is because comments like this from some of their fans.

Goodpasture has nothing for Alcoa, but they are hardly a joke of a program as you say; nor are the programs Goodpasture played along the way. You just spit in the face of what High School football is about.

One day Alcoa will lose, it may be 10 more years, but I hope you lose with as much class as you win with.

Congrats to Alcoa on another great year.

Why do people even question if Alcoa will win? Or do they? I think it is a given in 3A. You have Rankin, open zoning (which is probably why Rankin found that job attractive- who wouldn't),proud tradition, and most of all lots of talent! (which you don't have to fight for.....pay and play) It is a shame they don't play 6A where they would at least get tested from time to time. I didn't go watch this game yesterday because I knew what would happen. Had nothing to do with Goodpasture, could have been any team in 3A, but unless you have a friend or family playing, what is the point? I read where Alcoa fans say nobody will play them, and that may be true. But it may have more to do with what is seen as a unfair advantage by most coaches on the open zoning. Rankin knows what he is doing!! He saw the new schools coming to Rutherford county (and 2 more on the way) and moved to a place where he could get all the talent and not have to listen to the "recruiting" crap. Alcoa has a great program and will continue to dominate 3A, I just wish there was a way they could move up and play with the better teams so we could get a decent state game for them.

LOL...Its hard not to use "shoulda, woulda, or coulda" when you cant get any of them to step up and play you during the regular season! I will be a believer when one of them steps up to play us or CAK. Alcoa has had schedule openings the past couple years that they had to go out of state to fill cause nobody in state would play. We tried to get Ensworth to the Blount County bowl for a 2 yr deal to play with us, Maryville, and Webb...they declined! Alcoa obviously is not scared to play...next year we play Maryville(13-1 in the 6A state championship), Webb(D2 State Champion), Greeneville(14-0 in 4A state championship), Fulton(4A who lost to Greeneville in playoffs), Austin-East, Loudon, CAK(2nd best 3A team in state)...all who atleast won a playoff game this year, and Kingston who made the playoffs.

Scott County also made the playoffs and went to the 2nd round if I am not mistaken?

You are correct...Scott Co did make it to the 2nd round. I forgot about them. My apologies to the Scott Co faithful.

DANR,

I apologize to you too. I have been saying that posts on here from some of our fans make our program look bad. According to some of our fans, no team we play is any good and apparently need to be reminded of that daily and downgraded to the point of no return. Regardless of who starts what on this message board, as disciplined and as much class as our team has, maybe some of our fans should take some lessons from the KIDS that play and the coaches! A little trash talking is just some fun on the computer...but to say a program is a joke whom just made the state championship game and finished 13-2, is ridiculous and just ignorant for anyone to say. I stated earlier that I thought Goodpasure was not a top 4 team in the state, however, they are definately a top 10 3A team in the state and a good team. Alcoa is just a lot better...just like a lot of the fans from Goodpasture and other schools keep saying.

So lets Alcoa fans try to be a little more disciplined on some of the stuff we say on here and not take away from what our great football team just accomplished.