8 A/AA Early Predictions

DCsoccer9

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had DeKalb ever beaten Livingston before?

For the past few years its been very close games. Dekalb has inched closer an closer losing to LA in season last year 1-0 and 2-1 in double OT in the tournament.. This was the first DeKalb has ever beatin LA. It was a bittersweet victory for DeKalb and a huge milestone and im proud to have been a part of it. Congratualtions Coach K. You deserved it. Dekalb plays york monday and LA plays jackson o monday. If DC and LA win, DeKalb will host LA for the second round of the District Tournament.

DeKalb 4 Livingston 0

It's great seeing Livingston finally getting crushed by DeKalb! Tomorrow it's

going to be a great game between DeKalb and Friendship and good luck to you

guys. Don't play stupid and show good sportsmanship. You two are the

best in our district and good luck with regionals.

Edited by Muffin_Man11

It's great seeing Livingston finally getting crushed by DeKalb! Tomorrow it's

going to be a great game between DeKalb and Friendship and good luck to you

guys. Don't play stupid and show good sportsmanship. You two are the

best in our district and good luck with regionals.

Thank you muffin. Much appreciated. It feels great and is a huge milestone for DeKalb and we dont plan on stopping. Looking forward to a good clean, hard faught game tomorrow. gonna be a hot one playing at 5!

DeKalb 14 York 0 in the first round of district tournamant. Dekalb plays the winner of livingston/jackson tomorrow at DeKalb in the 2nd round.

14-0? I think it was probably obvious who was the better team after 4-0, 5-0, maybe even 10-0. Congrats on going to the district championship. It sounds as though Dekalb has had a great year and has made a name for themselves in district 8 A/AA. However, I think an elite team, as Dekalb is trying to become, would have called the dogs off after 5 or 6. I've seen top teams in Tennessee, high school and select, win 5 or 6 to 0 in games which could have ended up 15-0. In my opinion, it's just not a showing of good sportsmanship. Try to achieve certain goals after 5 or 6, such as possessing for 3 minutes before a shot on goal or scoring on a header. As I was once told, games make for the best practices. Good luck to both teams tonight. It should turn out for a good championship. Also, good luck in regionals.

14-0 does seem unsportsman like, however everyone on the team played and we removed a forward to add a defender. I asked my team to play as hard as they could to keep our momentum going, because I feel that if a team slows down their play, they can get into bad habbits. Also, there was no negative attitude between the teams during or after the game. It seems that every year some team gets belittled for a high scoring game, but I just want my team playing at their best throughout the post season. Sorry, if I offended anyone.