New Coach at Lincoln Co.

chs4life

They will be pleased with the talent. They have the District leading receiver back. A LB that lead the team in tackles the last 2 years. 20+ juniors about half that have experience. A QB that in my opinion could have started last year. Not as fast but better field of vision and timing.

Looking for good things for the Falcons.

There is no way that you think the backup quarterback was better than Pittenger. The kid gave everthing he had every game and threw the ball better than any qb at LC since Edmiston.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word yet how many assistants he is going to be able to bring in yet? For that matter what offense does he run?

O'Conner keeps it simple, but effective. He will run some 2x2 & 3x1 spread looks. He mixes in veer priciples out of that package. He also likes to run some Maryland I and ram it down your throat. He will throw the ball down the field at least 5 times a game.

There is no way that you think the backup quarterback was better than Pittenger. The kid gave everthing he had every game and threw the ball better than any qb at LC since Edmiston.

What I said was that he could have started and yes I think he has better field of vision and better timing. I'm not or didn't say anything about Pitts heart. I don't think anybody could question him giving his all. You either haven't seen the young QB or are biased for other reasons. I have watched practices and 7 on 7 matches and made these observations. We will see what he has next year. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell.

What I said was that he could have started and yes I think he has better field of vision and better timing. I'm not or didn't say anything about Pitts heart. I don't think anybody could question him giving his all. You either haven't seen the young QB or are biased for other reasons. I have watched practices and 7 on 7 matches and made these observations. We will see what he has next year. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell.

I have no reason to be biased toward Pittenger, but if you are going to all the practices and 7 on 7 matches then maybe you do have some bias toward the backup. I guess what you saw on the practice field was something the coaches didn't. Neither Coach Thompson nor coach Thamas would have kept a player on the sideline if they felt that player was better than the starter. When you make claims that the backup is better than a player that set most of the QB records for LC because of what you saw in practice then and 7 on 7 drills then either you have some bias toward that player or you are just making claims without much proof., and if you know anything about Coach OC then you know that every positiopn is open and knowboby has a spot guarenteed. Who knows maybe the starting Qb is not even enrolled in the school yet. Just saying....

I have no reason to be biased toward Pittenger, but if you are going to all the practices and 7 on 7 matches then maybe you do have some bias toward the backup. I guess what you saw on the practice field was something the coaches didn't. Neither Coach Thompson nor coach Thamas would have kept a player on the sideline if they felt that player was better than the starter. When you make claims that the backup is better than a player that set most of the QB records for LC because of what you saw in practice then and 7 on 7 drills then either you have some bias toward that player or you are just making claims without much proof., and if you know anything about Coach OC then you know that every positiopn is open and knowboby has a spot guarenteed. Who knows maybe the starting Qb is not even enrolled in the school yet. Just saying....

I think the new QB will do just fine. He will be blessed with a stud wide receiver and some other good supporting cast. Coach OC will also help this QB progress as a player i think. As far as better than Pittenger if your a Falcon Fan you better hope the new QB is as good as him because Pittenger was one of the better QBs Lincoln County ever had. I think Falcons will have a good year with a new coach and new QB :thumb:

I think the new QB will do just fine. He will be blessed with a stud wide receiver and some other good supporting cast. Coach OC will also help this QB progress as a player i think. As far as better than Pittenger if your a Falcon Fan you better hope the new QB is as good as him because Pittenger was one of the better QBs Lincoln County ever had. I think Falcons will have a good year with a new coach and new QB :thumb:

:thumb: I am looking for good things for the Falcons. I'm glad to have the O'Connor brothers back at LC. :thumb:

Wow. Someone has their panties in a wad. Lol. I said he could have started and he could have. He had the abilities to start. That's a fact. I never said he should have started. Big difference in SHOULD HAVE and could have. I never said he was better. I did say he had better field of vision and better timing. The fact that Pitt was faster and a senior could have been that difference. I'm not sure. I never asked. The fact that he started tells me that the coaches( which when its all said and done is all that matters) saw something. The fact that Pitt set many passing records has as much to do with his great receivers and the absence of a running game as anything. I'm definitely not going to come on a public forum and try and discredit a young man. He had an awesome career and I am very proud of him. That was never my intentions. My statements were to someone that asked about the talent punk had to work with next year. I think he will be pleased. In the end we are Falcon fans and need to cheer these young men on.

Looking forward to starting a new era in Falcon football.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

Edited by naildriver247

O'Conner keeps it simple, but effective. He will run some 2x2 & 3x1 spread looks. He mixes in veer priciples out of that package. He also likes to run some Maryland I and ram it down your throat. He will throw the ball down the field at least 5 times a game.

Sounds like someone I know, I LIKE HIM ALREADY.