Signal Mountain Eagles, 2a State Champs

MountainTroll

Figgered we needed a separate thread to gloat. Also, figgered some folks might like one more chance to hate on us.:roflolk:

What a year. SP at the Beene for the 6A district championship, TC at the Creekbank to take quad 2, finally gittin' to play and whup Boyd, and a great party in CookeVegas. Just wish we could have danced with Butchie's Rebels in the big dance.

Troll wuz honored to have the opportunity to watch this team mature and improve over the past three years. Kuddos to Coach Price and his staff for shapin' these boys into a State Champion TEAM.:thumb:

Plan to give some individual shoutouts on this thread; I'm sure I will leave some out, but you Signal posters pick up the slack.

First one goes to Zack Bowman!:ph34r: Young man was a beast on D, when it really counted. Critical 4th down stops in big games, awesome blocking, and some punishing runs. Wished we could have seen him carry the ball more, but with our stable of backs, his skills were used appropriately. Great year Zack, best of fortunes in the future.

74277_177563492259786_156904584325677_640939_2707275_n.jpg

TheMan.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto on Zack. He is the 1 player that I would regret meeting up with in the open field whether he's playing FB or LB. He punches some nice holes for the RBs. And his carries usually go for 2 yards more than anyone elses in traffic. And sometimes those 2 yards are critical.

Donnie Garner is another. I only saw bits and pieces of Donnie during the season. Partially because of the lopsided scores (pulled in the 1st qtr) and partially because of the number of talented ball carriers we have. The ball carrier crew all sang his praises for the job he does blocking for them when his number is not called. He also does a pretty good job on returns. State Champ Offensive MVP - and he earned it - and we had more than player with 100+ yards of O.

But what I didn't notice (too many moving parts) this season was how good he also plays D. The display he put on yesterday was a big part of why we could keep such a good lead in the 2nd 1/2. He was put on #26 who was tearing us apart in the 1st. With the pressure on #1 from Zack and Relle with Donnie's coverage on #26 pretty much shut down their passing game. Some beautiful tip/knockdowns that would have been TDs help us keep our distance and momentum.

His parents had to be busting with pride watching their son yesterday.

Awesome win! Can't say enough about the boys. They had a great year. 14-0, with a state championship, in only 2 years is hard to beat. Kudos to the coaches for turning our offense around in the 2nd quarter. While Zack and Donnie both had great games, don't forget Relle. He played a great game, also. Glad to see the support from the mountain, we have had all year , drive up and cheer.

Figgered we needed a separate thread to gloat. Also, figgered some folks might like one more chance to hate on us.:roflolk:

What a year. SP at the Beene for the 6A district championship, TC at the Creekbank to take quad 2, finally gittin' to play and whup Boyd, and a great party in CookeVegas. Just wish we could have danced with Butchie's Rebels in the big dance.

Troll wuz honored to have the opportunity to watch this team mature and improve over the past three years. Kuddos to Coach Price and his staff for shapin' these boys into a State Champion TEAM.:thumb:

Plan to give some individual shoutouts on this thread; I'm sure I will leave some out, but you Signal posters pick up the slack.

First one goes to Zack Bowman!:ph34r: Young man was a beast on D, when it really counted. Critical 4th down stops in big games, awesome blocking, and some punishing runs. Wished we could have seen him carry the ball more, but with our stable of backs, his skills were used appropriately. Great year Zack, best of fortunes in the future.

Guess it's good Zach's fortunes will be the Eagles fortunes too as he is one of the 14 returning starters. And even better only one lineman was a senior,giving the eagles a solid foundation for next season. More on next season later.

I have heard the word hype all year when people talk about this team. I think they proved all year long that all the hype was well deserved. This team deviled week in and week out in a variety of ways. It was their versatility that helped propel these Eagles to amazing heights. They were focused on the goal and they worked very hard to attain it.

Congratulations Eagles you have done what a lot of others only dream about.

Hopefully there will be many more supporters getting on here to Eagle (crow) a little about these fine young men.

we could win state to if we was a 4a school playin 2a schools.

I doubt it. But just for the record we are not a 4A school we will be a 3A school next year playing in 4A. :thumb:

People like you can try to take away from our accomplishments but you will not be successful. We did what no other program in the history of the TSSAA has ever done and we are looking forward to continued success.

Talked to Donnie's mom at the tunnel during the celebration. Sounds like he's a momma's boy.:roflolk:

Ward Gossett had another excellent write-up today. Chattanooga Times Free Press

Donnie could have had over 3000 yards this year if our starters had played 4 quarters every week. If he had been called upon more often to carry the ball, there's no tellin' what his stats would have been. But that's not our TEAM, and that's not how the members of the TEAM think and play. All our ball carriers could have had outstanding individual stats, but they each played their individual roles on the TEAM instead. They can bust a block just as well as they can bust the long run. Darian, Donnie, Rell, Andrew, Caden, Mitchell, and Zack. Hope I didn't leave anybody out.:unsure:

Congrats to you on the state championship, I still feel as though the real state championship game was between you and us in the 2nd round of the playoffs

thPie20throwing.gif

Can't wait 'til them HartsVillians read this. :popcorneater:rotflmao.gif

It ain't too cold fer YellerJacks to swarm. rotflmao.gif

That wuz one heck of a game, but the 2a Championship wuz played on the Creekbank this year. Sorry.

Next year, though, yer SweaterVests might be thick enough to ward off them YellerJacket stings. It'll be a game to watch fer sure.:thumb:

Edited by MountainTroll