Signal Mountain Eagles, 2a State Champs

MountainTroll

Awesome win! Can't say enough about the boys. They had a great year. 14-0, with a state championship, in only 2 years is hard to beat. Kudos to the coaches for turning our offense around in the 2nd quarter. While Zack and Donnie both had great games, don't forget Relle. He played a great game, also. Glad to see the support from the mountain, we have had all year , drive up and cheer.

Wouldn't really say they turned around the offense, so much as defense stepped up and did what they were taught to do. Stop Jabriel and cover Joey. I said all along, that we could stand around playin' pocket pool for a quarter or two and still win big. That's kinda what we did. Also, it's hard for a boy to git run over time and again on an 80 yard drive, and then turn around and bust it on offense.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to you on the state championship, I still feel as though the real state championship game was between you and us in the 2nd round of the playoffs

I agree. That was the only playoff game in doubt for SM this year. FCS had the momentum in the Second Half, but SM woke up in time. Trousersniffers will disagree, but once Honey Bees had to pass the ball, they looked like Whitwell.

SM was able to just shade both SP and FCS this season. That is how you win championships. I'll remember those 2 games forever. The Beene is a special place and Swindoll put on a show.

Best of fortunes to FC next season. SP, we know you are coming to The Mountain in 2011. Going to be exciting, and good times.

Figgered we needed a separate thread to gloat. Also, figgered some folks might like one more chance to hate on us.:roflolk:

What a year. SP at the Beene for the 6A district championship, TC at the Creekbank to take quad 2, finally gittin' to play and whup Boyd, and a great party in CookeVegas. Just wish we could have danced with Butchie's Rebels in the big dance.

Troll wuz honored to have the opportunity to watch this team mature and improve over the past three years. Kuddos to Coach Price and his staff for shapin' these boys into a State Champion TEAM.:thumb:

Plan to give some individual shoutouts on this thread; I'm sure I will leave some out, but you Signal posters pick up the slack.

First one goes to Zack Bowman!:ph34r: Young man was a beast on D, when it really counted. Critical 4th down stops in big games, awesome blocking, and some punishing runs. Wished we could have seen him carry the ball more, but with our stable of backs, his skills were used appropriately. Great year Zack, best of fortunes in the future.

Amen, to all that, and here is more:

• Founder's Fund for raising a ton of money
  • Mountain Education Fund for keeping the classrooms in our schools well-equipped
  • Hundreds of volunteers that work game nights to make home field an advantage
  • The folks that do the dirty work - lining fields, cleaning gear, putting up gear, moving the team, feeding the team, keeping them ready to go, at practice and on game nights
  • Cheerleaders and their parents for their investments of time and energy
  • Signal Corp (more on them later)

The young people and their parents, and our community is how we won the Three State Titles in the Fall of 2010.

So to you that say "SM is a 4A school", I say, well yes we are, thank you very much. But I base that on the amount of community support, commitment, and organization we enjoy. Our students are very fortunate that this community has thrown itself into our new high school.

All young people should be so fortunate.

Wouldn't really say they turned around the offense, so much as defense stepped up and did what they were taught to do. Stop Jabriel and cover Joey. I said all along, that we could stand around playin' pocket pool for a quarter or two and still win big. That's kinda what we did. Also, it's hard for a boy to git run over time and again on an 80 yard drive, and then turn around and bust it on offense.

No. 17 from TCA got one play to many from Relle. Have you every heard a stadium so quite? Saying we were more than thrilled to see him walk off the field is an understatement.

Relle also cleaned his clock on a kick return, and he was woozy before the goal line collision. Tough, and valiant effort.

And don't underestimate the play along the SM boundary following TCA making it 21-7. Relle snapped No. 70s head back on the return; it was awesome.

That woke our young men up and the next time TCA scored it was 2 quarter later and way too late.

Figgered we needed a separate thread to gloat. Also, figgered some folks might like one more chance to hate on us.:roflolk:

What a year. SP at the Beene for the 6A district championship, TC at the Creekbank to take quad 2, finally gittin' to play and whup Boyd, and a great party in CookeVegas. Just wish we could have danced with Butchie's Rebels in the big dance.

Troll wuz honored to have the opportunity to watch this team mature and improve over the past three years. Kuddos to Coach Price and his staff for shapin' these boys into a State Champion TEAM.:thumb:

Plan to give some individual shoutouts on this thread; I'm sure I will leave some out, but you Signal posters pick up the slack.

First one goes to Zack Bowman!:ph34r: Young man was a beast on D, when it really counted. Critical 4th down stops in big games, awesome blocking, and some punishing runs. Wished we could have seen him carry the ball more, but with our stable of backs, his skills were used appropriately. Great year Zack, best of fortunes in the future.

A second amen, Mr. Troll. And one more shout out.

My SM student is in the Signal Corp, and to that entire group: thank you. "Music is what feelings sound like" - and Signal Corp made it clear that our Signal Mountain Eagles were ready to play, telling the opposition in no uncertain terms that: "Pull all your straps tight, boys, Signal is here to play, hard."

Signal Corp made a measurable difference in Beene Stadium and on The Creekbank. With Signal Corp leading the way, home field advantage followed Signal Mountain to those venues. I am certain of that.

Signal Corp helped contribute to the honorable traditions of South Pittsburg, and has helped, I think, forever dispell the myth of The Creekbank.

A most telling compliment was the desire for a competitor, Friendship Christian, to ask Signal Corp to play for them. That is another highlight in a season of many.

So to Signal Corp: we take a bow to you for a great season, and the traditions you have help bring to Signal Mountain.

I agree. That was the only playoff game in doubt for SM this year. FCS had the momentum in the Second Half, but SM woke up in time. Trousersniffers will disagree, but once Honey Bees had to pass the ball, they looked like Whitwell.

SM was able to just shade both SP and FCS this season. That is how you win championships. I'll remember those 2 games forever. The Beene is a special place and Swindoll put on a show.

Best of fortunes to FC next season. SP, we know you are coming to The Mountain in 2011. Going to be exciting, and good times.

trousdale was within 3 points of beating you, with the ball and 1:30 left in the game, despite the fact that they had lost one of the most important players they had on both offense and defense in the very first quarter, they kept the game in complete doubt until two false start penalties crippled their final drive. an intelligent man would realize this. thumb[1].gif

every time you try and insult trousdale, even off handedly, you look even more moronic than you did in your previous posts. if you continue to mentally regress at this pace your up coming posts won't even contain words, just crude drawings. roflolk.gif

Edited by snoball5278

it was great to see coach price put everyone in at the end of the game and let them get some snaps in. but give a shoutout to one of my friends #15 sam hausler he hasnt played much in his three years due to injury he broke his leg our jv season tore his acl last season and then retore the same acl right before the season but he didnt quit or give up he attended every practice and meeting and coach price rewarded the senior by letting him line up for a couple of plays

Edited by eaglepride55