Portland

breakawayspeed

This will be the third thread about Portland. Let's try to keep it up for awhile.

Is there any news about who Portland's non-district games will be next year?

Has anyone heard if there will be any new assistant football coaches at PHS?

Will any of the current assistants be let go?

I am hoping the Panthers can build on the season ending victory in 2010 and make 2011 a season where we see the team reach it's potential. Hopefully the Panthers will notch 2-3 wins in 2011 and create momentum for 2012. It's a long row to hoe, I just hope Aric and the boys at PHS are ready to sweat. :popcorneater:

Go Panthers!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either

1. people don't really care about this topic anymore or

2. they are tired of posting on a thread that's just going to get deleted.

Obviously someone doesn't want the Portland issue discussed...why? Who knows!

My question is how much time will the principal give the new coach to turn things around? Two seasons ain't gonna cut it folks! He certainly decided to give the losing basketball and baseball coaches a third year at least.

Either

1. people don't really care about this topic anymore or

2. they are tired of posting on a thread that's just going to get deleted.

Obviously someone doesn't want the Portland issue discussed...why? Who knows!

My question is how much time will the principal give the new coach to turn things around? Two seasons ain't gonna cut it folks! He certainly decided to give the losing basketball and baseball coaches a third year at least.

My question is how much time will the principal be given...

According to their coach, non district games will stay the same. I know a coach at a very below average 1A school that tried to add them and he told that coach they wanted to stick with their traditional non district rivals whoever that may be.

According to their coach, non district games will stay the same. I know a coach at a very below average 1A school that tried to add them and he told that coach they wanted to stick with their traditional non district rivals whoever that may be.

Non-district

White House & Greenbrier, and Clarksville Academy are non-district

I guess someone forgot to tell Coach Aric that you usually only schedule 5 homes games in 1 year, but there are 6 home games next year.

Week 0 Beech Home

Week 1 White House Away

Week 2 Mt. Juliet Away

Week 3 Greebrier Home

Week 4 Hendersonville Home

Week 5 Clarksville Ac. Home

Week 6 Wilson Central Home

Week 7 Lebanon Away

Week 8 OPEN

Week 9 Gallatin Home

Week 10 Station Camp Away

I see at least 4-5 wins on the schedule or at least that is what the principal is saying

When you have 4 State Championship game attendees from the last ten or so years on the schedule it's gonna be an uphill battle. (Greenbrier, White House, Beech, HAndersonville)

I like the idea of playing 6 home games, if the Panthers can win a few games then the home attendance can surge and the program can earn an that extra gate money.

I am hoping that Portland can be competitive and beat some of the lower classification teams on the schedule. I would hope that Clarksville Academy is a o brainer win, but with the Panthers past history, I am not holding my breath.

When you have 4 State Championship game attendees from the last ten or so years on the schedule it's gonna be an uphill battle. (Greenbrier, White House, Beech, HAndersonville)

I like the idea of playing 6 home games, if the Panthers can win a few games then the home attendance can surge and the program can earn an that extra gate money.

I am hoping that Portland can be competitive and beat some of the lower classification teams on the schedule. I would hope that Clarksville Academy is a o brainer win, but with the Panthers past history, I am not holding my breath.

It is going to be an uphill battle. Those teams were on the schedule last year and year before that. People in P-Town living in a world of unrealistic expectations. Football has passed them by but they are set in their ways of being the football capitol of the world. The once Good Ole Boy smash mouth football player has now been replaced by pot heads and skaters. Principal says 4 wins at least. No time to be patient. This is Portland!

6 home games sound good next year but the following year there will only be 4 home games.

It is going to be an uphill battle. Those teams were on the schedule last year and year before that. People in P-Town living in a world of unrealistic expectations. Football has passed them by but they are set in their ways of being the football capitol of the world. The once Good Ole Boy smash mouth football player has now been replaced by pot heads and skaters. Principal says 4 wins at least. No time to be patient. This is Portland!

6 home games sound good next year but the following year there will only be 4 home games.

This will be the third thread about Portland. Let's try to keep it up for awhile.

Has anyone heard if there will be any new assistant football coaches at PHS?

Will any of the current assistants be let go?

I am hoping the Panthers can build on the season ending victory in 2010 and make 2011 a season where we see the team reach it's potential. Hopefully the Panthers will notch 2-3 wins in 2011 and create momentum for 2012. It's a long row to hoe, I just hope Aric and the boys at PHS are ready to sweat. :popcorneater:

Go Panthers!

The only thing I have heard, and that aint much. The present staff is staying on, Coach Parker told our head baseball coach on the Portland Sluggers, he didnt know yet if he was being retained as the 9th grade coach football coach yet. That was 2 weeks ago, and anything could have changed by now. Like I said, I havent heard much. I will just be pulling for them no matter who they are. Tough challenge ahead.

The football team had their annual end of the year banquet on Monday. Between 1/2 - 2/3 of the people I spoke to was not happy with the decision to move forward with a new coach. I know that is water under the bridge but it was very apparent. Those same people were also a little disappointed that Coach Aric did not attend the banquet. Regardless it was a great banquet. Coach Sanders left on a emotional note and showed a lot of class and humility.

Time to move forward and wish the best of luck to the Panthers in 11.

The football team had their annual end of the year banquet on Monday. Between 1/2 - 2/3 of the people I spoke to was not happy with the decision to move forward with a new coach. I know that is water under the bridge but it was very apparent. Those same people were also a little disappointed that Coach Aric did not attend the banquet. Regardless it was a great banquet. Coach Sanders left on a emotional note and showed a lot of class and humility.

Time to move forward and wish the best of luck to the Panthers in 11.

I always try and put myself in others shoes...If I was the incoming Coach, was part of the staff last year, and you knew the outgoing coach was going to say a good bye speech, I dont know if I would have attended either. The last thing you want to do as an incoming coach is to take the moment away from the outgoing coach. Give the man the respect to say his goodbyes without you (new incoming guy) being a distraction, I know if I was the outgoing coach, I would like it that way. Just my two cents, it would be a bad situation either way, people would either see it as a distraction that Aric was there, and again if he wasnt. I really feel sorry for both the coaches, there is no right or wrong way how to handle it. The only right way, that I see, is for it to be as minimally distracting as possible for the team. I dont know Aric or Sanders for that matter, but, I honestly think that was the best move for Aric. If that was why he was not there. Bad situation all the way around. God bless them both in their future work.