Portland

breakawayspeed

I know you weren't bad mouthing the team,and I'm not trying to bad mouth Portland. I keep up with all the local teams,and I know Portland has been having some serious problems.

CA is better coached,and they execute better.They have enough athletes to get the job done. Don't get me wrong though,I'm not saying a bunch of 1A teams can beat Portland,but there are a few of them that could,and I think this year's CA team is capable.

What are the thoughts on this game now? CA is playing well, but will have to play extremely well to knock off a 5-A team. I've not seen Portland play, but I would expect them to be much bigger and deeper than 1-A Clarksville Academy. About half of CA's players play both ways.

Talk amongst yourselves.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the thoughts on this game now? CA is playing well, but will have to play extremely well to knock off a 5-A team. I've not seen Portland play, but I would expect them to be much bigger and deeper than 1-A Clarksville Academy. About half of CA's players play both ways.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Portland is not as big as most 5A teams and i believe they also have a lot of players going both ways. as far as who will win, i would expect Portland to win this game due to the fact that they are in a tougher league but i also expected them to beat Greenbrier. this may be a close game.

Portland is not as big as most 5A teams and i believe they also have a lot of players going both ways. as far as who will win, i would expect Portland to win this game due to the fact that they are in a tougher league but i also expected them to beat Greenbrier. this may be a close game.

Coach Hood comments at Clarksvilleacademyfootball.com

Portland wins going away. Portland's offense has been good,but the better athletes they have been facing have been able to take away explosive plays. I forsee Portland having the athlete advantage, thus breaking the big plays that have been lacking so far. If Portland can break big plays for scores then they will eliminate their chance of shooting themself in the foot and ending drives, which has been a huge problem thus far. They just haven't been able to sustain a legnthy drive and punch the ball into the endzone.

Here's to a good game. Hopefully the sportsmanship is high and the train horn is LOUD!!!!

Awesome website and Coach Hood seems to be a well organized coach and program but he was wrong on one point in his comments...

The Tennessean picks Clarksville Acadamy to Beat Portland @ Portland. He played the underdog role a little early. :roflol:

I'll contact him for a clarification! I'm looking forward to the game and I hope our boys can make it a good game.

I may mosey on up to the railroad track - word is that's the place to be.

Portland wins going away. Portland's offense has been good,but the better athletes they have been facing have been able to take away explosive plays. I forsee Portland having the athlete advantage, thus breaking the big plays that have been lacking so far. If Portland can break big plays for scores then they will eliminate their chance of shooting themself in the foot and ending drives, which has been a huge problem thus far. They just haven't been able to sustain a legnthy drive and punch the ball into the endzone.

Here's to a good game. Hopefully the sportsmanship is high and the train horn is LOUD!!!!

The train horn certainly was loud, it just didn't get to blow very much.

I thought CA played pretty well on defense, and showed that we too have athletes. On offense, it was obvious that the Panthers' game plan was to keep Ragsdale from beating them. We missed a few opportunities for big gains when our timing was off just a bit - one overthrown pass into the flat was set up to perfection, but the pass was high. Some of that was due to Portland's pass rush, a couple of misfires, and a couple of ill-timed penalties on our part.

It appeared that we were a step quicker to me, and we had receivers streaking open in the secondary, but couldn't get the ball to them. Your power running game gave us fits, but as the game wore on, we started filling the gaps much better. I felt like our pass defense was solid both in coverage and quarterback pressure. Portland self destructed a few times during the game too.

Regardless, anytime our 1-A team can beat a 5-A team, it's a big win for us.

Clarksvilleacademyfootball.com

Talk amongst yourselves.

My thoughts where the same as when I posted. I knew CA had enough athletes to pull it off. Congrats!