Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

Man, dogged for playin "down" and now dogged for playin "up". What's next? Well ya'll will get ragged for your "weak" conference no matter how good your non-con schedule and, even with a state championship, you will not be considered a contender till at least the second round of the play-offs. Greeneville played in the finals in 2009, went undefeated in the 2010 regular season, and still had nay-sayers. Many picked us to fall to Maplewood because we "hadn't really played anybody". Don't let it get in your head. See ya in November!

We bring a lot of the dogging on ourselves, but would it be fun to get on here and just all agree all the time? And DefMinded agreed I think those teams may play some good foosball next year, but no where near like the Green Machine up north! I think we will be rather competitive up here in 4A. Only time will tell!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!:D

Man, dogged for playin "down" and now dogged for playin "up". What's next? Well ya'll will get ragged for your "weak" conference no matter how good your non-con schedule and, even with a state championship, you will not be considered a contender till at least the second round of the play-offs. Greeneville played in the finals in 2009, went undefeated in the 2010 regular season, and still had nay-sayers. Many picked us to fall to Maplewood because we "hadn't really played anybody". Don't let it get in your head. See ya in November!

No after I thought about this, we were dogged for playing where TSSAA put us. We weren't playing "down". We were playing where they put us............:thumb:

No after I thought about this, we were dogged for playing where TSSAA put us. We weren't playing "down". We were playing where they put us............:thumb:

We played up a division for years...should have been AAA and played AAAA...at the time our enrollment hovered in the 750-850 range playing schools of 1000+ enrollment...and winning. Then when the Z-plan was implemented last year, we were assigned to AAAA and decided to stay put. Now keep in mind we are an average size school for AAAA now, but now most everyone has decided we are playing "down". Our district had 5 teams in the play-offs this year...all with winning records and because we mercy ruled them all, they were considered cream-puffs. I look for Greeneville to have a similar season this year, although the non-con schedule is tougher. Not sure what the BRAC will have next year, but the Greene County schools are all returning some talent and are well coached.

• 3 weeks later...

Who is it? What's his history?

Mac McCurry, don't know his complete resume but he has been a head coach for a long time and has decided he doesn't want that anymore. However, he is still very interested in coaching so being our D-Coordinator was exactly what he was looking for. He has been in MS for the past few years prior to that I think he was at Marshal County TN. With Coach Price and Coach Mac walking the sidelines our young Eagles will be getting excellent coaching.