Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

Anybody know how many of the Soddy guys are still playing baseball? Any of their standouts?

Should be interesting to see how the new defense is coming along with just three days of practice.

Expect the offense to be in high gear, though.:thumb:

There will be roughly 6 to 7 players/starters who haven't yet put on pads and will not be there today.

Well it was a spirited game but it definitely looked like Soddy missed their baseball players.

As best as I could tell, four of their five, standouts were there. I was impressed by how well our guys are adapting to the new defense. They could not run, even with a very good O line, and we were in their backfield the whole game. I am encouraged by what I saw. :hungry:

As best as I could tell, four of their five, standouts were there. I was impressed by how well our guys are adapting to the new defense. They could not run, even with a very good O line, and we were in their backfield the whole game. I am encouraged by what I saw. :hungry:

Between baseball, track and kids hurt, there were around 10 kids who either start or would recieve serious playing time not in the game. It was so good just to have football again, but wasn't thrilled at how the refs let the fights go on without tossing kids from the game. Our coaches sat our kids that were involved for the rest of the game. Price sat out a kid that threw 8 punches to a kid on the ground for 2 plays. Nice, dissapointing but not suprising.

Between baseball, track and kids hurt, there were around 10 kids who either start or would recieve serious playing time not in the game. It was so good just to have football again, but wasn't thrilled at how the refs let the fights go on without tossing kids from the game. Our coaches sat our kids that were involved for the rest of the game. Price sat out a kid that threw 8 punches to a kid on the ground for 2 plays. Nice, dissapointing but not suprising.

Wow at first you said 6 or 7 and now it's 10. I talked to some Soddy people last night and they said 6 that are potential starters.

As for the fights. The first one was a scarp and I believe it was the Soddy bench that rushed the field not the Signal bench. Both players were in the wrong but neither was kicked out of the game, but they both sat out a few plays. Heck a couple of your coaches and your whole bench congratulated your player. As for the second fight it wasn't much of a fight. Our linebacker and one of your linemen were locked together after the whistle, the Soddy guy tried to throw a couple of punches and even kicked at our guy who was holding him off. Coach Price stepped in broke then apart and made them shake hands, then the refs kicked them out. Funny how one fight when the bench clears and had punches that landed neither got kicked out and the other when it was more of a shoving match they both got kicked out.

At the end of the game both teams shook hands and all was well.

Wow at first you said 6 or 7 and now it's 10. I talked to some Soddy people last night and they said 6 that are potential starters.

As for the fights. The first one was a scarp and I believe it was the Soddy bench that rushed the field not the Signal bench. Both players were in the wrong but neither was kicked out of the game, but they both sat out a few plays. Heck a couple of your coaches and your whole bench congratulated your player. As for the second fight it wasn't much of a fight. Our linebacker and one of your linemen were locked together after the whistle, the Soddy guy tried to throw a couple of punches and even kicked at our guy who was holding him off. Coach Price stepped in broke then apart and made them shake hands, then the refs kicked them out. Funny how one fight when the bench clears and had punches that landed neither got kicked out and the other when it was more of a shoving match they both got kicked out.

We ought to all get together and eat some raw meat sometime.:hungry:

We ought to all get together and eat some raw meat sometime.:hungry:

Why not say something ugly then?:roflol:

The Goat sez: O-o-o-o-o-o!Me!Me!Me!Me! Wasn't rcwr at the game? He must have loaned his rose colored glasses to my buddy smeagle1. What's wrong with "rushing the field", smeagsie?...it was noble when the 9 month(insert lower #) old mascot & c. did it. They (Soddy) just wanted to celebrate and hear the referee's decision...

The time to stop a fight is when your dog is on bottom...I guess the SM dog was on top in the second one.

Troll, you'll have to buy that meat...you sure can't kill it! LOL

Good luck this season...I hope y'all get enough losses to gain some humility and character.

Looks like the Eagle Offense picked up right where they left off last season Scoring 10 times in the Soddy Scrimmage :thumb: . I was a little worried about the new defensive scheme with only three days of practice but we were able to hold them to only 2 scores. I realize this was only a scrimmage and several of Soddy's players were not there, but I feel a lot better about our chances of success in 4A today. We did suffer one loss and that was #21 Caden Thomas who broke his foot and will be out of commission for at least 3 months. Hopefully he will be back by the early part of next season.

Go Eagles!!

dont worry about the defense because you just hired one of the best.