Best in Chattanooga

icecold06

We will definitely know by next week who is the best in Chattanooga. Howard isn't in this

tourney because they are upset they didn't get to host it, but we should still have an idea on who is the best. Ooltewah is legit and definitely in the conversation. But the best team next week might not be a Chatt team at all. Everything I am hearing about Dade County sounds like they could win it all. They score a lot of points.

T-Mac, your excuses are old. CSAS overwhelmed Howard athletically. I agree that Howard is down, but accept it as what it is and stop making excuses. We're all supposed to believe that these Howard players just picked up a basketball for the first time in July. I get that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...now its time for me to post my blog as usual....ive stayed away from doin this but now its time....

Chattanooga really has no good basketball teams!!! Year in and year out i hear everyone bragg on their teams and say how good they are....only to see them get beat by Howard...Best of the prep is our tournament and the only way someone else could win is by us dropping out...CSAS is not a good team!!! hOWARD will beat them the next time...trust me ive seen the improvement in them their last couple of games...McCallie is first then Howard....I remember when everyone was on temple saying How good they are...Only to see Howard Blow them out in the BOP then poor CSAS was down to Howard by forty when they had Dante Hampton....Then Red Bank when they always wanted to play Howard lost to Howard...Howard has been running this city for a while now and everyone else is in their shadows in bball!!!again look out for us in the second Half of the season!!!

Ok...now its time for me to post my blog as usual....ive stayed away from doin this but now its time....

Chattanooga really has no good basketball teams!!! Year in and year out i hear everyone bragg on their teams and say how good they are....only to see them get beat by Howard...Best of the prep is our tournament and the only way someone else could win is by us dropping out...CSAS is not a good team!!! hOWARD will beat them the next time...trust me ive seen the improvement in them their last couple of games...McCallie is first then Howard....I remember when everyone was on temple saying How good they are...Only to see Howard Blow them out in the BOP then poor CSAS was down to Howard by forty when they had Dante Hampton....Then Red Bank when they always wanted to play Howard lost to Howard...Howard has been running this city for a while now and everyone else is in their shadows in bball!!!again look out for us in the second Half of the season!!!

I have to disagree with you when you say that Chatttanooga has no good bball teams. If Chattanooga doesnt have any good bball teams then what city outside of memphis does. I will say that Chattanooga basketball is not as good as it was in the 70's 80's and 90's but there are some good teams. CSAS if they stay focused will compete for a single A state title. from what I am hearing McCallie is really good and should be on contention for a D2 state title Ooltewah is apparently good so is Red Bank if Howard is improving like you say they are(and yes I believe they probably are) that gives you 5 good teams in the city in their respective classes and divisions. Once again if CSAS is not good then Howard is terrible but we know that is not true.

I have to disagree with you when you say that Chatttanooga has no good bball teams. If Chattanooga doesnt have any good bball teams then what city outside of memphis does. I will say that Chattanooga basketball is not as good as it was in the 70's 80's and 90's but there are some good teams. CSAS if they stay focused will compete for a single A state title. from what I am hearing McCallie is really good and should be on contention for a D2 state title Ooltewah is apparently good so is Red Bank if Howard is improving like you say they are(and yes I believe they probably are) that gives you 5 good teams in the city in their respective classes and divisions. Once again if CSAS is not good then Howard is terrible but we know that is not true.

If you saw Howard play the first two games you would know what I am talking about...and I think you are right because I saw MLK Austin East and MapleWood Play yesterday and they are down as well...Howard will get better but CSAS didnt look good to me>>>McCallie did though....

Howard is improving and will be ready to go when district and region play begin. They looked much improved last night at their tournament.

They lost last night against Maplewood by 1pt...Howard was up by 5 with a minute left and thought they had the game won and Maplewood stole the win...They are getting better but still have a long way to go...and Maplewood is one of the top 5 teams in AA

So I guess we have a better picture of who is best in Chatt now that the Best of Preps is over. Red Bank won 3 tough games to win the tourney. I hate it for Ooltewah's draw because they could have gone further had they not drawn RB first. McCallie is very good losing two OT games to RB and CSAS. Tyner is obviously good as well. All that said, I think there are some really good teams in Chatt. Hopefully all of these teams can do well and get to the state tournament.

So I guess we have a better picture of who is best in Chatt now that the Best of Preps is over. Red Bank won 3 tough games to win the tourney. I hate it for Ooltewah's draw because they could have gone further had they not drawn RB first. McCallie is very good losing two OT games to RB and CSAS. Tyner is obviously good as well. All that said, I think there are some really good teams in Chatt. Hopefully all of these teams can do well and get to the state tournament.

Top 5 City Rankings for first half of the season:

Red Bank, Tyner, CSAS, McCallie, Ooltewah

Each of these teams I could see going to the State this year and have a good chance at winning in their respective classifications. This was probally one of the most competitive city tournaments in a long while. Chattanooga bball is pretty good!

Top 5 City Rankings for first half of the season:

Red Bank, Tyner, CSAS, McCallie, Ooltewah

Each of these teams I could see going to the State this year and have a good chance at winning in their respective classifications. This was probally one of the most competitive city tournaments in a long while. Chattanooga bball is pretty good!

you better put Howard at #1 before T-Mac comes on here even though two of these five have already defeated Howard