Livingston Academy's Coach Forced to Resign

LAfan4Life

Livingston may have just lost their greatest boys coach to ever come through their doors. I wish Jimmy the best, but I bet he wishes he couldn't have gotten the job on different terms. Doesn't look good on the county the way things went down. Sad day in Livingston. The team will be fine, they are getting into the weaker portion of their schedule and will be fine by playoff time.

I just don't understand how a Director of Schools can say I am going to suspend you indefinitely because the school board members didn't like your facial expressions or the way you had your leg crossed during the game the other night and they want your resignation. Really? Sad that my tax dollars goes to this guy's $70,000 salary when he doesn't do anything other than what a few board members want him to do.

However, The Livingston fans need to continue to support the team and interim Coach Jimmy Miller. Best of luck to both teams in tonight's games

Richard was always very easy to work with. Most of the officials around the Upper Cumberland had an outstanding "working relationship" with him. Just goes to show that if you upset the wrong person in Overton County - you could be getting your walking papers.

From all the officials in North Central - we appreciate you Coach Melton !

Good luck - we know that you will land back on your feet somewhere.

:unsure:

Livingston may have just lost their greatest boys coach to ever come through their doors. I wish Jimmy the best, but I bet he wishes he couldn't have gotten the job on different terms. Doesn't look good on the county the way things went down. Sad day in Livingston. The team will be fine, they are getting into the weaker portion of their schedule and will be fine by playoff time.

I just don't understand how a Director of Schools can say I am going to suspend you indefinitely because the school board members didn't like your facial expressions or the way you had your leg crossed during the game the other night and they want your resignation. Really? Sad that my tax dollars goes to this guy's $70,000 salary when he doesn't do anything other than what a few board members want him to do.

However, The Livingston fans need to continue to support the team and interim Coach Jimmy Miller. Best of luck to both teams in tonight's games

I don't understand why you even bother to post when it is so obvious that you know nothing about the topic! Get your facts then come back.

Hmmm...maybe alot of us "obviously" don't know anything about the topic lol. Please enlighten us with your facts!

West TN folks would like to be enlighted also. I've watch Livingston several times and always thought he was an excellent coach and had very much the respect of his players. Maybe this is more arising out of "momma drama". "My son didn't make the team" or "my son doesn't get to play" etc etc. School boards and administrators need to let the coaches coach.

West TN folks would like to be enlighted also. I've watch Livingston several times and always thought he was an excellent coach and had very much the respect of his players. Maybe this is more arising out of "momma drama". "My son didn't make the team" or "my son doesn't get to play" etc etc. School boards and administrators need to let the coaches coach.

Goes a little deeper than that it seems. I won't go into detail but you can go to Livingston forum on Topix and get the low down. Don't know how much is true, hearsay, or gossip, but you can decide for yourself.

:unsure:

I don't understand why you even bother to post when it is so obvious that you know nothing about the topic! Get your facts then come back.

Obvisouly I know more than you, because those were the words that came out of Matt Eldridge's mouth. I guess if you don't know the facts you just lie to yourself to think your do?

Obvisouly I know more than you, because those were the words that came out of Matt Eldridge's mouth. I guess if you don't know the facts you just lie to yourself to think your do?

You may know more than I, I'm certainly not going to argue that point. There's what lies on the surface of this problem and there is what lies underneath that all people are not aware of. He was offered a 9 game suspension, he refused it, and he resigned. The page has been turned and the Wildcats are moving on. The team had a great night at York last night. Very upbeat.Got some confidence back, but most of all they looked like they had fun. Coach Miller and the team will be fine after a few practices and a few more games. Go HOG-EYE!

Coach Miller will do a fine job with a talented team. Coach Melton, in my opinion, was the best to ever run the program. Thank Coach Melton for putting LA basketball where it is now. People all over the state know about LA. Yes, he had some players, but coaching was key. I thank Coach Melton for a lot of things, including being one of the finest men/mentors that have EVER been in my life. Coach Miller is a phenomenal person and knows a lot about the game of basketball. He will get the job done too, I believe. All should keep supporting the program, but all should be very thankful to watch Coach Melton, and his teams, for the past 6 seasons. I think this thread should die here.