Unexpected wins (didn't see that one coming)?

trickk

Did ranked wrestlers get beat by lower ranked wrestlers? Did someone lose to an unknown? List the worthy upsets you witnessed.

Congrats to those that came with the "A" game to win and to those that lost,,, get back to work, its early in the season and you can recover....

TWF

9025_banner.jpg

Edited by trickk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first two that can be stated right off the bat is Campbell Lewis losing to Alex Ward of EBE 7-5 then Matt Johnson of the bros 7-0, if those weren't upsets then Austin Woods of Franklin beating Matt Johnson of the bros the next day 7-5 (score makes it look close, it wasn't) was an upset. The second being Kenneth Garret of the purple Irish pinning Turbo Smith. Also a couple other upsets that I know of, Mo Overton from Indy pinned Boyd of McCallie at 112 and Glenn Rockholt of Indy dec Chase Pennycuff of siegel 3-1 in a dual

Edited by WrestlingGod

how could anybody say this was a huge upset when both are ranked #1 in their respected divison both are amazing wrestlers

because kaleb baker is a fargo all-american, defeated aaron lopez handely in my opinion at freestyle state this summer. it's probably considered an upset to alot of people actually. none the less both great wrestlers who will be searching for their first state titles this year!

PRT iii :flower:

I think the first two that can be stated right off the bat is Campbell Lewis losing to Alex Ward of EBE 7-5 then Matt Johnson of the bros 7-0, if those weren't upsets then Austin Woods of Franklin beating Matt Johnson of the bros the next day 7-5 (score makes it look close, it wasn't) was an upset. The second being Kenneth Garret of the purple Irish pinning Turbo Smith. Also a couple other upsets that I know of, Mo Overton from Indy pinned Boyd of McCallie at 112 and Glenn Rockholt of Indy dec Chase Pennycuff of siegel 3-1 in a dual

Actually the match was very close...add 30 seconds to the clock and Johnson probably wins. If you have watched the Johnson's in the past, they own the third period and Matt certainly did in this match.

Austin is a great wrestler and has a bright future...props to him for the win!

Also a couple other upsets that I know of, Mo Overton from Indy pinned Boyd of McCallie at 112

BTW Boyd is a JV kid wrestling for Alex Elsea the starter @ 112 for Mc he is the returning 3rd @ 103 last year.

So if someone beats a JV kid ...that makes it a upset?

Edited by cmonman

because kaleb baker is a fargo all-american, defeated aaron lopez handely in my opinion at freestyle state this summer. it's probably considered an upset to alot of people actually. none the less both great wrestlers who will be searching for their first state titles this year!

PRT iii :flower:

i still dont feel like this is that big of an upset but o well both should win state this year