Rankings

greengargoyle

Well they will get there respect when they wrestle tougher opponents but beating the easy guys and winning easy tournaments won't accomplish much. If they are deserve respect they will surely earn it when it comes down to it in February.

I agree Kermick def hasn't wrestled any competition this year and until you wrestle competition you can't rank them high

I agree Kermick def hasn't wrestled any competition this year and until you wrestle competition you can't rank them high

I may be the biggest advocate of going anywhere anytime to wrestle the best competition possible but Kermick is not the only kid in the state that has not wrestled the best kids both in and out of Tennessee. The kids are not the ones to point fingers at about wrestling a soft schedule as that is a coaching decision. If you are going to propose not ranking various kids as high as others due to their schedule being weak then you must do the same with the team rankings. I have never seen a good wrestler that didn't want to test his skills against the best that the country has to offer.

Edited by cbg

Saying Kermick hasn't faced any competition is ridiculous. He bumped up at the Blackhorse and faced both Tate Robinson (CBHS) and Alex Kaferle (Tullahoma)...granted both were losses, but nevertheless very quality competition.

And the fact that he has placed 5th the last 2 years exemplifies his ability to show up for the big events where there is competition. As a competitor, I would WANT tough competition throughout the season to help for the state tournament and having spoken with Kendall know this is how he feels as well.

Edited by coachknepper

103-Roberts N.West SENIOR 17-0 No Respect, Kyler Smith Centennial SENIOR 13-0 No respect; Maples 119?Kermick?

Thanks for the respect but I honestly dont care much for rankings. I'm going to wrestle the same way if I'm ranked first or last. Granted yeah it gets me "known" but its a rankings. Thanks for noticing me, and accually maples is at 112.

and another added info I'm 24-0. But he is right. I haven't beaten anybody yet.

Thanks for the respect but I honestly dont care much for rankings. I'm going to wrestle the same way if I'm ranked first or last. Granted yeah it gets me "known" but its a rankings. Thanks for noticing me, and accually maples is at 112.

The only respect you need to worry about is your self respect. Don't let this crap bother you, go out and wrestle the very best you can each and every day, no matter who you're wrestling. Bragging rights don't mean nothing till your standing on the podium in Franklin come February!

If nothing else, use all this as motivation to work harder! Good luck to you! :thumb:

Edited by rcpatriot

I'm just saying that he hasn't wrestled in many competitions not saying it's his fault but it really hard to rank people I think of they don't wrestle any many tourneys but it's not his fault never said it did

Man I usualy try and avoid getting into these discussions but can't help it on this one.

As someone who does one set of the rankings there is a whole ton of factors you need to account for when putting together rankings. Once of which is indeed what have they done recently / this year and that point could match your argument (more on that in a minute). However, the other thing you have to consider, especially early in the season, is past performance. Given that Kermick is a two-time state medalist I think his past performance certainly warrants him being in the discussion. Anyone who would disregard such things definitely shouldn't be commenting on the quality of someone's rankings let alone what a wrestler has accomplished.

As far as Kermick not having faced any competition, I would definitely have to question that. He has wrestled Robinson (CBHS) and Kaferle (Tullahoma) as previously mentioned. That same weight at BlackHorse had two other ranked DII wrestlers Bond and Ortale with Bond giving Kaferle the closest match of any of his wins. I am not sure how many other wrestlers have wrestled as tough competition at this time of the year, however I will guarantee you that there are kids in the rankings for both divisions that haven't seen as much, even if it was just one tournament.

So Memphissoccerpimp22, why is it that you have chosen to single out Kendall Kermick? If it were for lack of competition based on the standards you have set then many could be called out for the same... including the team you follow most closely.

You are right Donavan. Don't let these "old men" bother you. There are a lot of great wrestlers not ranked. But we will all see come January and February. Just keep working hard and wrestle clean.