Dyer County Win Arby's/KFC Classic

ScoutTeam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the teams FB page:

DEC 20

Opened in Stearns KY today with a 111-59 win over St. Georges of the Bahamas. After a 6 hour trip the Choctaws went 17 for 28 from 3. John Hudson made 5 first-quarter 3's and ended up with a (7-11) 3 point night to lead all scorers with 27 pts. Tay Kennedy came off the bench on fire, as he drilled 6 3 pointers for 18 pts. Robert Hubbs had 15 pts with Justin Williamson and Koty Gross adding 14 and 10 pts each.

DEC 20

The Choctaws will face a contrasting style of play tomorrow as they take on Wayne County (Kentucky) who will play a very slow and deliberate style of basketball. Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m. eastern time.

DEC 21

Dyer County holds off Wayne County 83-64. The Cardinals, started hot, but DC out scored the Cardinals 20-6 in the 2nd to head to half up 31-24. Robert Hubbs had 17 points in the 3rd as the lead increased 62-46. DC out scored the Cardinals 21-18 in the 4th to seal the 83-64 win. Hubbs led all scorers with 29 pts followed by Cedariu...s Taylor 12 and Fred Yarbrough 10. The Choctaws move to 12-0 on the season and will face the winner between Henry County, Kentucky and Miami Senior High out of Florida.

DEC 22

We are about to face one of the toughest opponents in Dyer County history. At 8:45 pm Eastern time the Choctaws will take on the undefeated tournament favorite Miami Senior in the semi finals of the Arbys/ KFC Classic in Stearns Kentucky. Miami Senior features tremendous size and quickness and the school has produced the likes of current NBA stars Steve Blake and Udonis Haslam.

DC advanced to the finals by upsetting Miami Senior 86-78 to move to 13-0. Choctaws will face host McCreary Central in the championship. Justin Williamson came out of the gate hitting Back-to-back 3's and never trailed leading 23-18 after the first and 46-39 at half. Choctaws were led by Robert Hubbs 22 pts (10-12 free throws) and John Hudson 20 pts (9-11 free throws). Willie Walker led Miami with 27 points.

Edited by N2Choctaws

Choctaws Win!

Dyer County defeated McCreary Central in the Arbys/KFC Tournament Championship 63-55. The Raiders game plan was to use a deliberate style of offense combined with a stingy zone defense. The result was a slow very physical aggressive game whete the Raiders outrebounded the Choctaws 35-21 but the Choctaws forced a string of 4th quarter turnovers to seal the Choctaws second Arbys/KFC Championship.

Robert Hubbs led the DC scoring with 20 points, John Hudson added 16, and Cedarius Taylor had 14. Cranston Fisk drew 2 big charges as he continued to provide solid post defense off the bench. The Choctaws move to 14-0 on the year and have won an incredible 42 out of their last 46 games dating back to last season. Congratulations to Fred Yarbrough, John Hudson, Robert Hubbs, and Koty Gross on being selected to the All-Tournament Team!!!!

Choctaws will be back in action Tuesday December 28th, facing Gleason in the opening round of the Martin's Lions Club tournament at Westview. Tipoff at 2:30.

Choctaws will be back in action Tuesday December 28th, facing Gleason in the opening round of the Martin's Lions Club tournament at Westview. Tipoff at 2:30.

This game will be very bad for Gleason. I coached there as an assistant and have coached all the kids on that team as freshman or in Junior High. I loved the town, the school and the kids. But they have no one even close to match up with anyone on DC.

This was a good tournament win by the Choctaws but the post made the Miami Senior team sound amazing when the truth is they are an average at best team in Florida. Dyer County should have won the tournament and they did.

Both Soldan International Studies and Miami were just flake schools powder puffs I am with you gtl

This game will be very bad for Gleason. I coached there as an assistant and have coached all the kids on that team as freshman or in Junior High. I loved the town, the school and the kids. But they have no one even close to match up with anyone on DC.

I read the schedule wrong. DC will play the winner of the Gleason vs Fulton City, KY game.

I read the schedule wrong. DC will play the winner of the Gleason vs Fulton City, KY game.

It will stil be bad. Fulton City will proabably beat Gleason then DC should beat F. City by 20+ if not 30. They usually have good athletes but no skill or coaching.

Why is DC even playing in this? The Martin Lion's club tourney is OK to watch but it won't be a challenge for DC. They should really be playing in some bigger tournaments with better competion so they can get ready for the AAA post season.