South Pittsburg Tournament December 27, 28, 29

global98

Sequatchie was missing about 25+ ppg from the line-up. When everyone is healthy they'll be alright and it would have been a lot better game though CSAS would have still been the favorite. Sequatchie did okay in the first 1 1/2 quarters. CSAS took over the game with three three pointers and better rebounding in the last bit of the second. They got the lead to around 20 then cruised in the second half.

I didn't see a South Pittsburg-Hixson result called in even though SP is the host. Might have been bad.

Edited by Indian

Sequatchie was missing about 25+ ppg from the line-up. When everyone is healthy they'll be alright and it would have been a lot better game though CSAS would have still been the favorite. Sequatchie did okay in the first 1 1/2 quarters. CSAS took over the game with three three pointers and better rebounding in the last bit of the second. They got the lead to around 20 then cruised in the second half.

I didn't see a South Pittsburg-Hixson result called in even though SP is the host. Might have been bad.

CSAS was also missing about 25+ as well for the second night in a row as PG Alex Stallion tried to play but couldn't due to a shoulder injury. Would love to have seen the Cartwright kid and Stallion play against each other. Coach Smith does a great job at SCHS but the Patriots are and were the stronger team. After "laying an egg" on Monday against Hixson it was good to see a better effort by CSAS.

Where are all the athletes that have played for South Pitt in the past? They are not on this year's team.

Old Pirate says the SP basketball players are reportedly warm bodies recruited from the local parks. :roflol:

Very few on this team would be considered basketball players. Talent level down on the hardwood but up on the futeball field and baseball fields. Fact is the rec league basketball has been a joke for years and the younger kids aren't being taught proper skills early.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says the SP basketball players are reportedly warm bodies recruited from the local parks. :roflol:

Very few on this team would be considered basketball players. Talent level down on the hardwood but up on the futeball field and baseball fields. Fact is the rec league basketball has been a joke for years and the younger kids aren't being taught proper skills early.

Absolutely correct about the rec league. Danny Wilson will be taking it over in a few weeks, and his first order of business will be to put the boys and girls on separate teams. Both sexes will benefit from this.

Absolutely correct about the rec league. Danny Wilson will be taking it over in a few weeks, and his first order of business will be to put the boys and girls on separate teams. Both sexes will benefit from this.

Old Pirate says it will take a decade or so to git SP up to speed. It ain't goin to be a quick fix, even with coach Danny spear heading the program. :popcorneater: