TSSAA takes action against Trezevent

IRONHORSE7

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never he just took them to the 4A title game. $3000.00 not alot of money for a sports program. Year probation will hurt them next year..

3000 is a huge sum for an inner city school with limited funds. If White remains, he will at least need to step down as AD...after all, the punishment handed down wasn't directed at the players. It was at program administrators. They are totally responsible for that team's performance and should have stopped the behavior. I'm just thankful noone was injured as a result of their actions...I could imagine the lawsuits would bankrupt Trezevant administration, Memphis city schools and TSSAA. And why haven't the officials who called that game been reprimanded for allowing it to get out of control?

3000 is a huge sum for an inner city school with limited funds. If White remains, he will at least need to step down as AD...after all, the punishment handed down wasn't directed at the players. It was at program administrators. They are totally responsible for that team's performance and should have stopped the behavior. I'm just thankful noone was injured as a result of their actions...I could imagine the lawsuits would bankrupt Trezevant administration, Memphis city schools and TSSAA. And why haven't the officials who called that game been reprimanded for allowing it to get out of control?

Very good point on the officials. Their job is to control what happens on the field. Coaches are suppose to control the sidelines. It got out of control on the field. So the refs waited too late to try and "control" the situation. Should have started tossing 'em after the first incident.

Wow, I'm very surprised! Kudos to the TSSAA in this instance. I did not think anything would be done even though Trezevant's deplorable behavior (by coaches and players) during the title game warranted punishment. The Coach/AD should be forced to go. I don't think it's possible for Trezevant to redeem a more positive reputation otherwise. My two cents...

TSSAA will never implicate their own. Never...never admit mistake. It actually gives the Tresevant admin an argument to the TSSAA. They could argue that if in fact they deserved this punishment then why did the officials let it continue. It will never go that far but in a court of law. The officials would be made to seem as much a part of the problem for not controling it as did the Tresevant gang for enacting it. Of course it could be said that the officials wanted to let this get out of hand to prove to everyone the issues with the Tresevant organization. The common understanding is that this is common fare for Tresevant. This mentality prevales there and other programs have similar tales to tell of having had to play them and endure their outlaw behavior. Could be that the officials knew it would have to go this far in order to have TSSAA levy the law against Tresevant and make an example of them. A pretty dangerous concept if you will. Especially with the blownout tires. I guess the flip side is to imagine the level of crime that would have taken place had the officials taken the game in hand and ended it as they should have in regard to the potential danger of injury that only by fortune did not occur. In addition, these officials obviously knew the potential of retribution that could have been "aimed" at them personally if in fact they had done their job and ended the game. We can only imagine the level of criminal activity that could have occured in this scenario. I guess all is well that ends well. My question is, do you think the ruling was strict enough? I think not.

I don't know if it was enough but I'm glad the TSSAA did do something.Many of us fans were pretty hard on what we saw in that game and I'm glad we were not alone.There is no place in sports for any kind of stuff like we all seen.That's why the rules are in place to stop unsportsmanlike things from getting somebody killed.The game is hard hitting and full contact but is to be played with honer.

TSSAA will never implicate their own. Never...never admit mistake. It actually gives the Tresevant admin an argument to the TSSAA. They could argue that if in fact they deserved this punishment then why did the officials let it continue. It will never go that far but in a court of law. The officials would be made to seem as much a part of the problem for not controling it as did the Tresevant gang for enacting it. Of course it could be said that the officials wanted to let this get out of hand to prove to everyone the issues with the Tresevant organization. The common understanding is that this is common fare for Tresevant. This mentality prevales there and other programs have similar tales to tell of having had to play them and endure their outlaw behavior. Could be that the officials knew it would have to go this far in order to have TSSAA levy the law against Tresevant and make an example of them. A pretty dangerous concept if you will. Especially with the blownout tires. I guess the flip side is to imagine the level of crime that would have taken place had the officials taken the game in hand and ended it as they should have in regard to the potential danger of injury that only by fortune did not occur. In addition, these officials obviously knew the potential of retribution that could have been "aimed" at them personally if in fact they had done their job and ended the game. We can only imagine the level of criminal activity that could have occured in this scenario. I guess all is well that ends well. My question is, do you think the ruling was strict enough? I think not.

They should have realy stuck it too them. If they have been acting like this before why did we not hear about it. That tells me that NO ONE is taking action. I was told after the game they acted the same way in the semi's.