TSSAA takes action against Trezevent

IRONHORSE7

They should have realy stuck it too them. If they have been acting like this before why did we not hear about it. That tells me that NO ONE is taking action. I was told after the game they acted the same way in the semi's.

T-High got away with other games as they were not on TV state wide. This time their behavior was transmitted to households across the state. TSSAA was finally placed in the corner by their own quest for the almighty dollar. Regardless, glad they did something.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm very surprised! Kudos to the TSSAA in this instance. I did not think anything would be done even though Trezevant's deplorable behavior (by coaches and players) during the title game warranted punishment. The Coach/AD should be forced to go. I don't think it's possible for Trezevant to redeem a more positive reputation otherwise. My two cents...

The coach won't go! Saw a newscast[ the other day whereby a Tz player was interviewed. "We didn't do nothing wrong!". The news item went on to say how the Memphis City Schools were appealing the action by the TSSAA because, "All of our athletic programs should not be penalized!". The school and the city system simply refuse to accept responsibility for the deplorable conduct of the Tz players and act accordingly..i.e. punish the guilty parties including the coaching staff for allowing such conduct. Will it happen? NO!

The coach won't go! Saw a newscast[ the other day whereby a Tz player was interviewed. "We didn't do nothing wrong!". The news item went on to say how the Memphis City Schools were appealing the action by the TSSAA because, "All of our athletic programs should not be penalized!". The school and the city system simply refuse to accept responsibility for the deplorable conduct of the Tz players and act accordingly..i.e. punish the guilty parties including the coaching staff for allowing such conduct. Will it happen? NO!

Yeah I saw it here...and http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13806373

I bet they will win an appeal and just have the sanctions against football. But I guarantee, T$$AA will keep them on a VERY SHORT LEASH!

Very good point on the officials. Their job is to control what happens on the field. Coaches are suppose to control the sidelines. It got out of control on the field. So the refs waited too late to try and "control" the situation. Should have started tossing 'em after the first incident.

Let's be sure and find somebody to blame....... OTHER THAN THE KIDS! If you act like a thug you will be called a thug. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....Quack, Quack!

Let's be sure and find somebody to blame....... OTHER THAN THE KIDS! If you act like a thug you will be called a thug. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....Quack, Quack!

There are plenty to blame in addition to the kids. Teli White is number 1 on the list. He could have pulled the kids that were the first to commit the blatant fouls. The officials definitely did nothing to mitigate the PF's and did very little to control the situation other than throw flags. One would think after the first 2 or 3 in a row, they would have acted to restore some sanity. I understand school administrators and representatives from Memphis City Sclools were also present and could have also acted. Some of those kids had absolute 0 regard for the rules and the authority of the officials and if White instructed them to cool it then they disregarded his authority as well. It was obvious very early in the game that some of those kids lacked discipline and self control and every adult that was in a position to gain control failed. Its a shame really cause there were some amazing athletes on that Trezevant team that came to play. It was difficult to watch the thugs take control and ruin the experience for those who were living their dream. It had to be hard for that Williams kid to stand on the sidelines injured as Coach White allowed a breakdown in discipline to destroy what they had worked so hard for all season. Coming into this game, Coach White told his boys they were playing for respect. Too bad they didn't know the meaning of the word.

There are plenty to blame in addition to the kids. Teli White is number 1 on the list. He could have pulled the kids that were the first to commit the blatant fouls. The officials definitely did nothing to mitigate the PF's and did very little to control the situation other than throw flags. One would think after the first 2 or 3 in a row, they would have acted to restore some sanity. I understand school administrators and representatives from Memphis City Sclools were also present and could have also acted. Some of those kids had absolute 0 regard for the rules and the authority of the officials and if White instructed them to cool it then they disregarded his authority as well. It was obvious very early in the game that some of those kids lacked discipline and self control and every adult that was in a position to gain control failed. Its a shame really cause there were some amazing athletes on that Trezevant team that came to play. It was difficult to watch the thugs take control and ruin the experience for those who were living their dream. It had to be hard for that Williams kid to stand on the sidelines injured as Coach White allowed a breakdown in discipline to destroy what they had worked so hard for all season. Coming into this game, Coach White told his boys they were playing for respect. Too bad they didn't know the meaning of the word.

Excellent post. :thumb:

Barb you hit it, control was lost by THS during warm ups!!!They just were not ready for a team like GHS. :mrgreen:

Edited by IRONHORSE7

I was reading the comments on the article trying to see how many would defend T-vant and came across a poster that said 2 of the players were arrested for Armed robbery over break. Dunno if it is true but if it is then no surprise there

If you "dunno if it is true" then you probably shouldn't repeat it.

Yeah I saw it here...and http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13806373

I bet they will win an appeal and just have the sanctions against football. But I guarantee, T$$AA will keep them on a VERY SHORT LEASH!

That "very short leash" is exactly what the "probation" on the overall program is meant to be. Only the football team is banned from playoffs.