Dyer Co vrs White Station

bballfan2

White Station has plenty of D1 talent. White Station plays big boy basketball. I watched them play Findlay Prep, a top 3 team in the country, and Andre Hollins dominated (WS lost by 5 points) Fidlay had no answer for Hollins. It was as good a performance as I have ever seen.

Edited by yankees8589

DC got beat because they didn`t hustle in the first half and they played a more than sloppy defensive game. My guess would be WS had 10-12 shots under the basket and 6-8 15 foot shots, all uncontested. DC will learn and recover from this. Good teams do.

GO CHOCTAWS !!

Volman,

I disagree with you, vehemently!

--------------------------------------------

Dyer County got beaten because they were SEVERELY overmatched!

DC simply could not compete with White Station on the boards and in the paint, two very critical areas in basketball games. It was no accident, or the result of lack-of-hustle on DC's part that led to White Station's dominance; if anything, it was DC's lack of size and length.

White Station exploited and attacked Dyer County's weakness.

Now, please don't take my comments the wrong way: I am not being critical of Dyer County. I am definitely not suggesting that they do not have a good team; I am simply pointing out that when a team possess weaknesses in certain key areas, it is very difficult to overcome versus top-notch competition and often leads to "ugly" losses!

Edited by TraderB

Volman,

I disagree with you, vehemently!

--------------------------------------------

Dyer County got beaten because they were SEVERELY overmatched!

DC simply could not compete with White Station on the boards and in the paint, two very critical areas in basketball games. It was no accident, or the result of lack-of-hustle on DC's part that led to White Station's dominance; If anything, it was DC's lack of size and length.

White Station exploited and attacked Dyer County's weakness.

Now, please don't take my comments the wrong way: I am not being critical of Dyer County. I am definitely not suggesting that they do not have a good team; I am simply pointing out that when a team possess weaknesses in certain key areas, it often leads to "ugly" losses, particularly versus top-notch competition.

Agree

Agree with Traderb. DC was outsized, out muscled by WS and overwhelmed by the venue. The only chance they would have aganist the three other teams playing would be at home and DC was hitting a lot of threes. The score would have to be in the 80 to 90 point range. They have no answer for the size and strength of those three teams. If DC does not play tougher Craigmont will win the region.

Just to clear up an earlier statement...on the court Monday their were plenty of d-1 signees or d-1 prospects....

Southwind...J3 is a top player in his class and probably has 2 or 3 other lower-mid major college players

Central...Stokes is a top player in his class along with Applewhite and Josh Jones being college players...Cam Clear has football offers from Auburn and Alabama

White Station has Hollins(Minnesota), M williams( Lipscomb), Nino Johnson (SEMO), and Leron Black (6'7 freshman who was hurt Monday...top player in his class

I can respect your opinion and always do.

I think people are blowing this loss way out of proportion just like the people that may have seen Stokes for the first times and were not impressed. I would like to see DC vs Southwind because I thik it would be a track meet up and down style game.

I thought DC would be able to force the tempo and get WS into a track meet. That didn't happen. WS controlled the temp just like a senior laden team would be expected to do. The key for DC against the bigger teams in Memphis is to be able to force the tempo and get into a track meet. If this DC team can do that they can beat anybody, I really believe that. I think DC plyaed one good quarter the entire game.

WS took DC out behind the woodshed. It happnes. There are teams that has played WS alot closer than DC that aren't as good. I honestly think people are overstating the case on this one. WS is the better team but to stick a fork in DC and think they simply can't compete at a high level against high level teams woudl eb a big mistake. I would still go back to the lack of scheduling on the part of DC and say, in my mind at least,

that it really hurt them i this game.

Again, some were not impressed with DC and rightfully so. Some were also unimpressed with Jarnell Stokes even though he is one of the top 20 players in his class. Does that make Stokes less than the player everybody knows he is, of course not.

Last time, I think this loss is being blowed out of proportion. I really do.

Hey, I'm taking nothing away from Dyer Co. I'm glad they stepped up to the plate and played one of the higher tier teams out of Memphis. It didn't come out like they wanted, but it was a good experience for the players and the school itself. Anytime a high school team gets a chance to play in the Fed Ex Forum, it's a priveledge.

I'm not looking too much into this loss. However, if DC is to play White Station again, I think it'd be the same exact outcome. White Station winning by atleast 15. Volman said the only reason DC lost was because they weren't hustling in the first half. I don't agree. I believe DC was hustling pretty hard to play with White Station. It's just the simple fact that White Station has a team that sees the same exact thing that DC puts out all over Memphis and it was nothing new to them. Andre Hollins handled DC's pressure with ease and never seem frustrated which was impressive. He kept the game at the tempo that WS needed to play to win and they executed. You notice when WS decided to start running with DC in the 3rd, is when DC cut the lead down to about 10 points.

As for volman not seeing the Major D1's yesterday..... you must not watch games outside of Newbern. Jonathan Williams from Southwind looked like he was ready to go play for my North Carolina Tar Heels yesterday. Keep in mind that the kid is 6'8 and a SOPHOMORE with skills! He hit the game winning shot in a HUGE game against other D1's from Memphis Central. Jarnell Stokes (#15) is one of the top players in the country. Cameron Clear (#30) could play D1 basketball in my opinion, but is going to play TE at whatever school he wants to play at. Andre Hollins, the one for White Station that torched DC yesterday, is going to Minnesota next year to play for Tubby Smith. He is the same player that dropped 45 on high school basketball powerhouse, Findlay Prep. Nino Johnson and Marvin Williams are both D1's and they showed it yesterday against DC.

Hey, I'm taking nothing away from Dyer Co. I'm glad they stepped up to the plate and played one of the higher tier teams out of Memphis. It didn't come out like they wanted, but it was a good experience for the players and the school itself. Anytime a high school team gets a chance to play in the Fed Ex Forum, it's a priveledge.

I'm not looking too much into this loss. However, if DC is to play White Station again, I think it'd be the same exact outcome. White Station winning by atleast 15. Volman said the only reason DC lost was because they weren't hustling in the first half. I don't agree. I believe DC was hustling pretty hard to play with White Station. It's just the simple fact that White Station has a team that sees the same exact thing that DC puts out all over Memphis and it was nothing new to them. Andre Hollins handled DC's pressure with ease and never seem frustrated which was impressive. He kept the game at the tempo that WS needed to play to win and they executed. You notice when WS decided to start running with DC in the 3rd, is when DC cut the lead down to about 10 points.

As for volman not seeing the Major D1's yesterday..... you must not watch games outside of Newbern. Jonathan Williams from Southwind looked like he was ready to go play for my North Carolina Tar Heels yesterday. Keep in mind that the kid is 6'8 and a SOPHOMORE with skills! He hit the game winning shot in a HUGE game against other D1's from Memphis Central. Jarnell Stokes (#15) is one of the top players in the country. Cameron Clear (#30) could play D1 basketball in my opinion, but is going to play TE at whatever school he wants to play at. Andre Hollins, the one for White Station that torched DC yesterday, is going to Minnesota next year to play for Tubby Smith. He is the same player that dropped 45 on high school basketball powerhouse, Findlay Prep. Nino Johnson and Marvin Williams are both D1's and they showed it yesterday against DC.

You do understand I know all about Memphis high school and AAU basketball don't you? You do know I know what the teams in the City face each and every night don't you? You do know I've said about a million times on here playing in the City of memphis is like a meat grinder don't you? You do know I've been one of the biggest promoters of Memphis basketball on this entire site don't you? I only bring this up because it seems, I could be wrong, that you imply I don't know or understand that WS plays top teams all the time in Memphis. I can assure anybody on here I'm well aware of teams in Memphis and have a fairly extensive record on here to prove it....I can also assure anybody on here I know of just about all the D1 prospects in Memphis..some people don't have a clue about or have never heard of, some are going to blow up and be big time...of course, they won't be mentioned on here util they show up on rivals top 100 list or util they show up on rivals with an interest list.

Edited by yankees8589

OK. Maybe I shouldn`t have said "the reason DC lost.......". My post was not intended to take anything away from WS, but to point out DC`s play IMO. There is no doubt WS is a better team and yes they proved it Monday. I never said they weren`t. I have watched DC for years and I still say that regardless of being confused, taken out of their game, or whatever the reason, that doesn`t keep them from hustling and they simply did not the first half. Argue that point all you want, but just like you guys know Memphis ball, I know DC.

J3 was by far the best player I saw on the court that day and if I could have seen him in a faster paced game, I`m sure I would have been much more impressed. Before you come down to hard on me, please look at my original post. I said that I am not used to seeing the half court game. That`s obviously the base of their "O" and they do it very well. I`m just used to seeing alot more speed than I saw at the Forum. I wish all these guys well and am sure they will rep west Tn, well at the next level.