Livingston Academy at Upperman?

N2DEEP

I didn't know the school board and the director hired the ex coach. I thought his uncle did. And anybody that thinks none of these posts were written BY the ex coach and his family are just goofballs. As far as other district teams, there are a lot of powerhouse programs he could go to and come back and kick LA right in the mouth. Yeah right.

Yet another username Rabbit? Anyone who thinks that these are his family members on here must not know the whole story. Two years from now when the LA program is back to nothing, what kind of excuse will you come up with to say that it isn't because they are missing Melton?

Yet another username Rabbit? Anyone who thinks that these are his family members on here must not know the whole story. Two years from now when the LA program is back to nothing, what kind of excuse will you come up with to say that it isn't because they are missing Melton?

I have one username only. Anyone who reads my posts should be able to comprehend that if I have something to say , I say it. I'm really not very bashful. I don't need to hide behind another username as you and some of your kin do. If you'll go back and read my posts since I became a CoachT member, you'll find that until recently I was one of the excoach's biggest supporters. I thought the excoach was a very good coach and I think he did a great job of raising the level of the LA boys' program. It is regrettable that instances leading up to him no longer coaching occured. That being said; You and anyone else can defend his actions as much as you please. That is your right.--- The facts remain---For whatever reason, HE let his emotions get out of control. HE, in a fit of anger destroyed the stereo system. HE, in more than one game made the decision to pull his starters and make little or no effort to coach the subs who were in the game.--- Coaches are teachers. Part of their classroom is also the dressing room. HE, as a teacher in a classroom, threw an uncontrolled tantrum and destroyed property worth several hundred dollars. HE was given an opportunity to take a SUSPENSION for that action. HE chose to quit. ----I sincerely hope our program continues to thrive under whoever might be coaching,now, next year and into the future, but if it takes an emotionally out of control coach who ,along with several people, thinks there is nothing wrong with throwing a fit of rage in a classroom and destroying valuable property, for the program to thrive then we are already in serious trouble.

Edited by rabbitranch

Was Melton a hot head? Yes. Did he overreact to certain situations? Yes. Was he set up? ABSOLUTELY. The program will definitely decline but hopefully not too badly.

This all pretty much came to a head at halftime of the Jackson County game because of the way our boys had played in the first half. So are you saying that the players were part of the set up? Did the school board tell them to play bad so this would happen?

Guys this is really silly, let it die. Coach Melton was a great coach and the board members your talking about are good people who want the best for LA bb and played a huge part in the success of LA bb through the years. Whatever the reason and whoever is at fault is really a guess, but its time to move on and all concerned wants the best for these kids. Both sides have supporters and critics so no good can come from futher debating the matter. LA is a good school with good tradition with people involved not always making the right decisions, but we can say that at certain times with any program in the state.