Early predictions for Class A State

midtensportsfan

These picks are pretty good but I don't think Perry County is a #5 team in the state, I also think that Summertown may upset Clarksville Academy for a spot in the State Tournament(I don't see McEwen beating Perry County, Summertown,or Colombia Academy).

I did not say they were a #5 team in the state... I merely stated that out of eight teams that I picked to go to state based on location they were the 5th best team out of those eight...

CA can definetly be upset... Losing Dyer last year really hurt them... They essentially play four deep with Crosher(sp) who can shoot it, but not dribble... Russell who can penetrate and play D, but not shoot... Martin Smith who is a little overrated, but can do about everything better than your average 1A player... and Malcolm Smith who is the real threat, but I feel can get taken mentally out of games... They have a few others who play, but do very little... I feel a team that can keep them running and not be intemidated will really hurt them if they get in foul trouble early...

McEwen would probably be just as good as Stown, perry, or columbia academy, but they more than likely will be playing away again if they make it that far...

I'll go with:

East to West

Hampton

Cloudland

CSAS

Jackson County

Clarksville Academy

Perry County (I really want to put McEwen, but I am going to be unbias; no schedule = no state)

Humboldt

Memphis Westwood

Best to worst

Clarksville Academy

Memphis Westwood

Humboldt

CSAS

Perry County

Hampton

Jackson County

Cloudland

By no means do I think these are the best eight teams, but only the teams that I feel will make due to their geographical location... CA is the clear favorite, but there are several teams in the state that could beat them, a tough draw could put them in danger...

Wartburg and Harriman could make it in either one of the Hampton or Cloudland spot... Wartburg already beat Cloudland once and could beat anyone if they play to full potential!

Wartburg and Harriman could make it in either one of the Hampton or Cloudland spot... Wartburg already beat Cloudland once and could beat anyone if they play to full potential!

I will definetly go with the first statement... not so sure about the second... There are several teams from the east the could make to the glass house, but I could only pick two... I feel Hampton is the best team out of that area (region 1/2) and you could fill in about three others who could play the remaining spot... I do not see either of them making it past the first round though unless they face each other (region 1/2) or a plateau team...

These picks are pretty good but I don't think Perry County is a #5 team in the state, I also think that Summertown may upset Clarksville Academy for a spot in the State Tournament(I don't see McEwen beating Perry County, Summertown,or Colombia Academy).

I do not see how you (being a PC fan) could think that PC does not have a ligit chance of being a top 5 team...

Fact 1:

Clarksville Academy is the reigning state champ with only one player gone from last years team... You stated (which you probably would not have mentioned unless you think they have a decent chance) Summertown could upset Clarksville Academy in the substate... Summertown got beat by PC, ie... PC should be competitive against top teams

Fact 2:

PC lost to Lake County early (Fball players not playing, or not ready) but beat them a few days ago by 15 or so... Lake County lost to Humboldt by two or three a few days ago... Humboldt has been a continous threat to take home the title for the past several years... PC beat LC worse than Humboldt did, ie... PC should be competitive against top teams

Fact 3

PC had a really good team last year only losing like 5 or 6 games total, before getting somewhat upset by Wayne County (who was on a run)... PC could have easily make it to the final 4 in the state last year depending on how/who they played... I do not believe that they lost that many players from last year, ie this year PC should be competitive against top teams

I do not see how you (being a PC fan) could think that PC does not have a ligit chance of being a top 5 team...

Fact 1:

Clarksville Academy is the reigning state champ with only one player gone from last years team... You stated (which you probably would not have mentioned unless you think they have a decent chance) Summertown could upset Clarksville Academy in the substate... Summertown got beat by PC, ie... PC should be competitive against top teams

Fact 2:

PC lost to Lake County early (Fball players not playing, or not ready) but beat them a few days ago by 15 or so... Lake County lost to Humboldt by two or three a few days ago... Humboldt has been a continous threat to take home the title for the past several years... PC beat LC worse than Humboldt did, ie... PC should be competitive against top teams

Fact 3

PC had a really good team last year only losing like 5 or 6 games total, before getting somewhat upset by Wayne County (who was on a run)... PC could have easily make it to the final 4 in the state last year depending on how/who they played... I do not believe that they lost that many players from last year, ie this year PC should be competitive against top teams

You misunderstood me I definantly think PC is better than top 5. I said they are not a #5 team meaning that they are not that bad.

And Yes I think PC would have had a good shot at the title last year if it wasn't, for giving up 28 points to Wayne Co in the fourth quarter when they had only given up 23 in the first 3 quarters. I also believe that PC is much better this year than they were last, better coaching, a year more of experience, and hopefully a better mental game. I think there are a few teams in the state that can run with PC, but i don't think that there are any teams in the state that can run with them for 4 quarters. Perry County is very well conditioned, i don't know that any of the starting 5 ever truly get winded to a point that it will effect their play. I feel like 1 through 5 we are probably the best shooting team in the state(as far as 1A goes). But only time will tell.

Forgive me for not remembering, but in Hampton's "Carter Co / Roane Co Classic" played in December, did not Harriman play in this? Did Wartburg also play? Or was it Rockwood?

wow, friendship cant do anything without someone on coacht sayin its because of "recruiting" it sounds like that the only excuse anyone seems to have for losing to this team

FCS "recruiting" ? Ha that's a joke. I know first hand about the program, coaches, players ...... every now and then they have a good player be it baseball, football, but for the most part they have weak rosters playing in a weak conference against weak competition.... For a long time they did not even have a "cut" on many of their teams. It's a nice school, Again I can think of a few players that played there and were very good, but for the most part it's like most private schools, pay the tuition and get the uniform.

If FCS is recruiting players they do not do a good job of it. Brentwood Academy, now that's a recruiting school.

FCS "recruiting" ? Ha that's a joke. I know first hand about the program, coaches, players ...... every now and then they have a good player be it baseball, football, but for the most part they have weak rosters playing in a weak conference against weak competition.... For a long time they did not even have a "cut" on many of their teams. It's a nice school, Again I can think of a few players that played there and were very good, but for the most part it's like most private schools, pay the tuition and get the uniform.

If FCS is recruiting players they do not do a good job of it. Brentwood Academy, now that's a recruiting school.

I dont know any sport that has to have try outs at FCS. the players that want to be on the team are on the team, none more and none less.

Forgive me for not remembering, but in Hampton's "Carter Co / Roane Co Classic" played in December, did not Harriman play in this? Did Wartburg also play? Or was it Rockwood?

Just a reminder, Rockwood was the other team with Harriman. They had lots of issues in that tourney, they lost both games they played up here.