Early predictions for Class A State

midtensportsfan

Hampton , Cloudland , and Cosby are the 3 best A teams in East Tn. hands down. depending on whether or not you consider Chattanooga East. Couple teams down there are pretty good I hear. Wartburg is pretty good and Harriman usually tends to step it up come tourny time. Honestly though I look for 2 of the 3 I mentioned to make it to the state tourny.

HEY 'eagle ! Havent heard from you in a while......ever since Boyd slammed us in football, I havent run the ole mouth about Hampton too much!

When you get farther West, you run into some great 1-A basketball teams!

As far as the three teams you mentioned, I will agree, they should make strong runs this year....Reason: because of their schedule (preseason, tourneys, etc).

Hampton and Cloudland have played with or beaten teams that had talent they will not see 'till deep in the playoffs.....if then.

Our concern is the same as your's, that all will stay healthy this year :thumb:

HEY 'eagle ! Havent heard from you in a while......ever since Boyd slammed us in football, I havent run the ole mouth about Hampton too much!

When you get farther West, you run into some great 1-A basketball teams!

As far as the three teams you mentioned, I will agree, they should make strong runs this year....Reason: because of their schedule (preseason, tourneys, etc).

Hampton and Cloudland have played with or beaten teams that had talent they will not see 'till deep in the playoffs.....if then.

Our concern is the same as your's, that all will stay healthy this year :thumb:

I know all three have played pretty tough out of district schedules. We have to to get any competition at all since our district is usually fairly weak. Hancock is down this year and Washburn aint bad but they are still Washburn. Clinch and JFW could combine teams and still finish last. That usually hurts us a little when we head into regionals after our cakewalk through the district.

Boyd was pretty tough I was pullin for yall though. Nobody had anything for SM though. Watched them in cookeville they were GOOD!

I know all three have played pretty tough out of district schedules. We have to to get any competition at all since our district is usually fairly weak. Hancock is down this year and Washburn aint bad but they are still Washburn. Clinch and JFW could combine teams and still finish last. That usually hurts us a little when we head into regionals after our cakewalk through the district.

Boyd was pretty tough I was pullin for yall though. Nobody had anything for SM though. Watched them in cookeville they were GOOD!

S.M. was a beast for sure....should have been now that they're going AAA.....

We'll see and/or talk soon

Use this thread to keep us up on Cosby!

As for state tournament teams you have to look at how districts and regions match up. That said, here is they way they match up:

D1-2=Region 1

D3-4=Region 2

D5-6=Region 3

D7-8=Region 4

D9-10=Region 5

D11-12=Region 6

D13-14=Region 7

D15-16=Region 8

Two berths come from each of the following:

R1` v R2

R3 v R4

R5 v R6

R7 v R8

That established, lets select our teams to be final 2 from each region:

R1-Hampton & Cosby

R2-Knox Grace & Knox Christian?

R3-CSAS & Temple

R4-FCS & RBS

R5-Clarksville Academy & McEwen

R6-Perry County & Summertown

R7-Humboldt & Lake County

R8-Middleton & Westwood

From those we have to match up the regions and bring out 2 teams, so here goes:

R1 v R2=Hampton and Cosby

R3 v R4=CSAS and FCS

R5 v R6=Clarksville Academy and R6 Champion

R7 v R8=Humboldt and Middleton

Keep in mind that if two teams from the same region make it to state, they must be put in opposite brackets and can not meet until the finals, therefor Hampton and Cosby would have to be separated at the state level. Keep in mind, my two picks in Region 2 are guesses based on recent history and I have no clue about this region and also that Temple was selected based on the same criteria. Also, not willing to select a region champion in region 6 because the two teams are so evenly matched--that said, the region 6 champion should make it to the next level because they would host sub-state and both places are very difficult to win in.

Edited by Vandychris

As for state tournament teams you have to look at how districts and regions match up. That said, here is they way they match up:

D1-2=Region 1

D3-4=Region 2

D5-6=Region 3

D7-8=Region 4

D9-10=Region 5

D11-12=Region 6

D13-14=Region 7

D15-16=Region 8

R1` v R2

R3 v R4

R5 v R6

R7 v R8

R1-Hampton & Cosby

R3-CSAS & Temple

R4-FCS & RBS

R8-Middleton & Westwood

R3 v R4=CSAS and FCS

Keep in mind that if two teams from the same region make it to state, they must be put in opposite brackets and can not meet until the finals, therefor Hampton and Cosby would have to be separated at the state level. Keep in mind, my two picks in Region 2 are guesses based on recent history and I have no clue about this region and also that Temple was selected based on the same criteria. Also, not willing to select a region champion in region 6 because the two teams are so evenly matched--that said, the region 6 champion should make it to the next level because they would host sub-state and both places are very difficult to win in.

I like this post. But do you not think that the R6 runner-up might have a chance at knocking off Clarksville Academy at thier Gym?

D1-2=Region 1

D3-4=Region 2

D5-6=Region 3

D7-8=Region 4

D9-10=Region 5

D11-12=Region 6

D13-14=Region 7

D15-16=Region 8

R1` v R2

R3 v R4

R5 v R6

R7 v R8

R1-Hampton & Cosby

R3-CSAS & Temple

R4-FCS & RBS

R8-Middleton & Westwood

R3 v R4=CSAS and FCS

Very well done :thumb: ....

I like this post. But do you not think that the R6 runner-up might have a chance at knocking off Clarksville Academy at thier Gym?

I don't see that happening... PC and Stown are above average teams (top 10) teams, but CA will not lose in a home substate game to go to the big house with the team they have...

I would say that the region 5 runner up (whoever it may be) has a better a chance of upsetting the region 6 winner on their home court...

The top two teams (based on VandyChris) from regions 5-8 look really solid this year...

I don't see that happening... PC and Stown are above average teams (top 10) teams, but CA will not lose in a home substate game to go to the big house with the team they have...

I would say that the region 5 runner up (whoever it may be) has a better a chance of upsetting the region 6 winner on their home court...

The top two teams (based on VandyChris) from regions 5-8 look really solid this year...

Nobody will come into Perry Co. or Summertown and walk away with a sub state win. Seriously enough PC and Stown have the ability to upset anyone, anywhere, and at any given time.

Not typical for this area (talented Seniors at all 5 starting positions)....really good guard play, with very few turnovers, superb shooters at 1, 2 and 3, with a 6'6 250 lb center that's pretty smooth...

Played and beat power houses such as AAA Tenn High, AAA Kingsport, played AAA Science Hill close to the end in the Arbys Classic....Beat Wasilla Alaska (not a big accomplishment)....played Hunter Huss close for three qtrs and Just beat a great AA Unicoi High team last night.

Margin of victory against 1-A Rockwood, 1-A Harriman, and other 1-A schools is aprox 25-30 points (with JV playing much, if not all, of the 4th)

The Cloudland team, about 20 minutes from Hampton, will make some noise this year also

for the record hampton has not played kingsport so you played s hiill and lost and beat tn high by 5hampton is agood ball club and teams in single a will have 2 be be on there a game 2 beat them they will have trouble will big post players

Edited by jeffs

Nobody will come into Perry Co. or Summertown and walk away with a sub state win. Seriously enough PC and Stown have the ability to upset anyone, anywhere, and at any given time.

I am not sure what you mean by "walk away"... If you are referring to a region 5 team running away with the game when they visit region 6 I will agree with you, but if you are referring to to a region 5 team coming into PC or Stown without a chance of winning the game you have lost your mind...

Confindent not cocky...

I am not sure what you mean by "walk away"... If you are referring to a region 5 team running away with the game when they visit region 6 I will agree with you, but if you are referring to to a region 5 team coming into PC or Stown without a chance of winning the game you have lost your mind...

Confindent not cocky...

Im just laying out the facts. McEwen has 0 chance of winning at PC or Stown. And from the look of things that is the prime candidate to be in that position.