Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

The Weight Room is where it ALL starts!!! If the folks who are going to play next year are not doing HARDCORE LIFTING 4 or 5 days a week, I do not care who they hire, That Coach will not get it done.

I still think they need to hire one of Alcoa or Maryville's top Assistant Coaches. We need NEW, EXPERIENCED blood in the program.

Cowbell, More Cowbell.......

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weight room is all important. That goes without saying. Even though JC has fallen behind in the weight room, the lack of size on the offensive and defensive lines has limited what could have been accomplished the last couple of years. This will be a critical hire. Either JC will begin the road to recovery (and it will not happen overnight) or they will continue to decline. As far as I know Bearden and Greenville are not on the schedule next year, and that should help with overall record, but I think it will still be tough. Dr. Walker and Rogers are making the calls now. They certainly do not lack confidence. I hope they get this one right. They seem to have made a god hire for the baseball program. It is sad to see Kisabeth and Anderson go, but maybe JC can move forward. I played for Kisabeth and someone very close to me played for Anderson. Kisabeth is a good man and did much for JC football, but the time has come to either move forward or just be another team that plays on Friday nights. Over all the upcoming junior class is kind of weak. The upcoming sophomore class has some potential at the skill positions. The upcoming freshman class has good size from Maury and some good skill players from Jeff. Hopefully, JC can turn the corner.

The Weight Room is where it ALL starts!!! If the folks who are going to play next year are not doing HARDCORE LIFTING 4 or 5 days a week, I do not care who they hire, That Coach will not get it done.

I still think they need to hire one of Alcoa or Maryville's top Assistant Coaches. We need NEW, EXPERIENCED blood in the program.

It is not true. You can have a well oiled machine that gets thrown off tracks by bumps in the road, those bumpbs can be created by stiff guys who cramp alot do to bulk with not being flexible or proper hydration.

Alot of smaller guys have whipped bigger and stronger players with superior technique and athletisism. Give me a leaner meaner guy who can use his ability and skill with good foot and hand work and I'll show you a guy who beats big muscle heads. To enhance the football team the linemen should spend more time in the wrestling room than in the weight room, learning fundamentsl of hand fightings and leverage. Alot of great football players in Pros were High School Wrestlers.

The weight room is all important. That goes without saying. Even though JC has fallen behind in the weight room, the lack of size on the offensive and defensive lines has limited what could have been accomplished the last couple of years.

I think it has more to do with who they were willing to play vs the size of players that were standing on the sidelines. I think Cain has the heart of a Lion, but he had NO business being our starting Center. Massey, Ball, Basinger or Talley could have been COACHED to be the Starting Center and let EC be an even better LB than he was.

This will be a critical hire. Either JC will begin the road to recovery (and it will not happen overnight) or they will continue to decline. As far as I know Bearden and Greenville are not on the schedule next year, and that should help with overall record, but I think it will still be tough.

Yep, 100% correct!!!

Dr. Walker and Rogers are making the calls now. They certainly do not lack confidence. I hope they get this one right. They seem to have made a god hire for the baseball program. It is sad to see Kisabeth and Anderson go, but maybe JC can move forward. I played for Kisabeth and someone very close to me played for Anderson. Kisabeth is a good man and did much for JC football, but the time has come to either move forward or just be another team that plays on Friday nights. Over all the upcoming junior class is kind of weak. The upcoming sophomore class has some potential at the skill positions. The upcoming freshman class has good size from Maury and some good skill players from Jeff. Hopefully, JC can turn the corner.

I hope so too. AND that the community will get on board and support the team.

Cowbell, More Cowbell.........

It is not true. You can have a well oiled machine that gets thrown off tracks by bumps in the road, those bumpbs can be created by stiff guys who cramp alot do to bulk with not being flexible or proper hydration.

Alot of smaller guys have whipped bigger and stronger players with superior technique and athletisism. Give me a leaner meaner guy who can use his ability and skill with good foot and hand work and I'll show you a guy who beats big muscle heads. To enhance the football team the linemen should spend more time in the wrestling room than in the weight room, learning fundamentsl of hand fightings and leverage. Alot of great football players in Pros were High School Wrestlers.

So, where did all that wrestling get us this year or over the last 3 years????

Jeff Co has 3 District Titles in 3 years at Wrestling AND a losing football season in 2008, a 5 and 5 record in 2009 and a 3WAY TIE for the District in 2010 in that same time frame.

WOW, what a great showing for all that Wrestling.

Leaner and "meaner" got us whipped up on the D/Oline more times than not this year. The Line that WON the "Linemen Challenge" vs Oak Ridge, Heritage and several other teams during preseason did NOT have the lighter/smaller players participating. They took strength, size and speed to the event and WON .

You can look at TOP Programs in East TN (ALCOA and MARYVILLE) and they have O/D Lines that weigh an average of 260lbs+. What did we average?? 200, 210, MAYBE 220 and that IS only because Leitch weighs in at 265 or so.

20+ years ago, during the glory days, did we play a smaller line or did we play the HOGS that intimidated and dominated AAA Football? We played the HOGS and kicked the crap out of teams because we were Bigger and Stronger than the other teams. People were scared to play Jefferson County.

Give me a player that lifts/eats correctly, stretches and does good plyometrics and I will show you a dominating line.

Cowbell, More Cowbell…………

Jeff Co has 3 District Titles in 3 years at Wrestling AND a losing football season in 2008, a 5 and 5 record in 2009 and a 3WAY TIE for the District in 2010 in that same time frame.

Leaner and "meaner" got us whipped up on the D/Oline more times than not this year. The Line that WON the "Linemen Challenge" vs Oak Ridge, Heritage and several other teams during preseason did NOT have the lighter/smaller players participating. They took strength, size and speed to the event and WON .

You can look at TOP Programs in East TN (ALCOA and MARYVILLE) and they have O/D Lines that weigh an average of 260lbs+. What did we average?? 200, 210, MAYBE 220 and that IS only because Leitch weighs in at 265 or so.

20+ years ago, during the glory days, did we play a smaller line or did we play the HOGS that intimidated and dominated AAA Football? We played the HOGS and kicked the crap out of teams because we were Bigger and Stronger than the other teams. People were scared to play Jefferson County.

Give me a player that lifts/eats correctly, stretches and does good plyometrics and I will show you a dominating line.

Well first off it got the wrestling team into the state duals!!!

Now how many linemen or better yet how many players wrestled as well??

Hum you say Alcoa, well theri head wrestling coach is also on the football staff and has improved the wrestling team there with football members.

You have to get the majority out to get better by off season workouts and none better than wrestling, will have them in shape better than anything else.

You must not know of a very successful and meaner than a snake nose guard who was not that big Eddie Massey.

Speed kilss teams more than anything else.

Well first off it got the wrestling team into the state duals!!!

Yes, and it proves that Anderson is a very good Wrestling coach. That is GREAT. It still DOES NOT address my questions.

Now how many linemen or better yet how many players wrestled as well??

I will answer yours: "Now how many linemen or better yet how many players wrestled as well??" 2 linemen/players that I know of: Bradley and Carlson. As for the rest of the "regular" cast of players on the Dline: Talley (not sure) and Massey did off season lifting.

As for the "regular" cast of players on the O-line: Jenkins had surgery, Stooksberry worked on the farm, Cain lifted, Leitch lifted and Rich not sure. I hear that Rich did not do anything other than work a some type of regular job. He was no bigger or stronger this year than last year.

Hum you say Alcoa, well theri head wrestling coach is also on the football staff and has improved the wrestling team there with football members.

And Anderson was the Head Football Coach and it did not inspire the majority of football players to be on the wrestling team.

You have to get the majority out to get better by off season workouts and none better than wrestling, will have them in shape better than anything else.

You must not know of a very successful and meaner than a snake nose guard who was not that big Eddie Massey.

Speed kilss teams more than anything else.

Yes SPEED KILLS.

So tell me WHY was our fastest lineman on the Team standing on the Sidelines ALL season???? He ran a 4.8 40-yard dash, was at every practice, I am told was one of the hardest working players during practices, and did everything the coaches asked him to do, but I guess he needed to be on the wrestling team to get playing time, but then only 2 of the starters were........

Yes, and it proves that Anderson is a very good Wrestling coach. That is GREAT. It still DOES NOT address my questions.

I will answer yours: "Now how many linemen or better yet how many players wrestled as well??" 2 linemen/players that I know of: Bradley and Carlson. As for the rest of the "regular" cast of players on the Dline: Talley (not sure) and Massey did off season lifting.

As for the "regular" cast of players on the O-line: Jenkins had surgery, Stooksberry worked on the farm, Cain lifted, Leitch lifted and Rich not sure. I hear that Rich did not do anything other than work a some type of regular job. He was no bigger or stronger this year than last year.

And Anderson was the Head Football Coach and it did not inspire the majority of football players to be on the wrestling team.

Yes SPEED KILLS.

So tell me WHY was our fastest lineman on the Team standing on the Sidelines ALL season???? He ran a 4.8 40-yard dash, was at every practice, I am told was one of the hardest working players during practices, and did everything the coaches asked him to do, but I guess he needed to be on the wrestling team to get playing time, but then only 2 of the starters were........

I'm at a loss to explain how ANYONE can berate what a player can do in the weight room!! Clearly some have never watched a college or pro game.There are about 4 senior football players being recruited to play college FB and about as many wrestlers.And who are these guys??? they are without a doubt THE TOP WEIGHTLIFTERS in the school!! I will grant you that technique and speed/quickness and flexibility are very important,But these are all things that weightlifting/strengh training do massively improve.It is that "weightlifting isnt that important" midset that kept nearly All of our lineman out of the gym for the last several years.Go back and watch FILM.WE have rarely dominated a snap in over 2 years.Yeah I know they wernt the tallest or the heaviest players in the state,but they were not even close to being the strongest on the team!!This "attitude" of "weightlifting isnt important" or will get a player all "muscleup up" is MISINFORMED at the very least.A player that wants to dominate ! aplayer that wants to be the very best HE can be...WILL BE in the weight room 5 days a week/for a hour/going hard/correctly/good nutrition/proper rest/dynamic stretching before /static stretching after/and weiders' principle of muscle confusion...........If this wasnt important you wouldnt see weight rooms(massive million dollar facilities)at the collegiate level! Further, on a medical standpoint ...these young men also have a "hormonal window" from ABOUT 15yo to about 22 yo,,,,during this window they can create a huge amount of muscle/strengh/size.I see NO reson to not take advantage of this FACT at the High School level. It would help us win and it would help more of our kids get College opportunities!!! Go back and check the weightlifting numbers of the 87 team!!!Lets try that weightlifting/plyo intesity and see how far we can go again!

Edited by dvp4life

I'm at a loss to explain how ANYONE can berate what a player can do in the weight room!! Clearly some have never watched a college or pro game.There are about 4 senior football players being recruited to play college FB and about as many wrestlers.And who are these guys??? they are without a doubt THE TOP WEIGHTLIFTERS in the school!! I will grant you that technique and speed/quickness and flexibility are very important,But these are all things that weightlifting/strengh training do massively improve.It is that "weightlifting isnt that important" midset that kept nearly All of our lineman out of the gym for the last several years.Go back and watch FILM.WE have rarely dominated a snap in over 2 years.Yeah I know they wernt the tallest or the heaviest players in the state,but they were not even close to being the strongest on the team!!This "attitude" of "weightlifting isnt important" or will get a player all "muscleup up" is MISINFORMED at the very least.A player that wants to dominate ! aplayer that wants to be the very best HE can be...WILL BE in the weight room 5 days a week/for a hour/going hard/correctly/good nutrition/proper rest/dynamic stretching before /static stretching after/and "weiders' principle of muscle confusion"...........If this wasnt important you wouldnt see weight rooms(massive million dollar facilities)at the collegiate level! Further, on a medical standpoint ...these young men also have a "hormonal window" from ABOUT 15yo to about 22 yo,,,,during this window they can create a huge amount of muscle/strengh/size.I see NO reson to not take advantage of this FACT at the High School level. It would help us win and it would help more of our kids get College opportunities!!! Go back and check the weightlifting numbers of the 87 team!!!Lets try that weightlifting/plyo intesity and see how far we can go again!

On a further note;Based on personal weightlifting experiences..I have come up with the "1hour and 5 sec rule"In addition to the above mentioned and proven rules, and keeping in mind the old "No pain no gain" mantra.>>> IF each set is brought to pain (not injury) ...SECRET >>this pain only lasts 5 secs or less !! this is the muscle breakdown needed to build MORE and LARGER muscle.THIS is what is meant as going hard in the weight room.This is the sacrifice taught at top schools.this is the million dollar secret.this is why 3 very strong or even 1 very strong d-linman gave us such a fit these last few years.

I'm at a loss to explain how ANYONE can berate what a player can do in the weight room!! Clearly some have never watched a college or pro game.There are about 4 senior football players being recruited to play college FB and about as many wrestlers.And who are these guys??? they are without a doubt THE TOP WEIGHTLIFTERS in the school!! I will grant you that technique and speed/quickness and flexibility are very important,But these are all things that weightlifting/strengh training do massively improve.It is that "weightlifting isnt that important" midset that kept nearly All of our lineman out of the gym for the last several years.Go back and watch FILM.WE have rarely dominated a snap in over 2 years.Yeah I know they wernt the tallest or the heaviest players in the state,but they were not even close to being the strongest on the team!!This "attitude" of "weightlifting isnt important" or will get a player all "muscleup up" is MISINFORMED at the very least.A player that wants to dominate ! aplayer that wants to be the very best HE can be...WILL BE in the weight room 5 days a week/for a hour/going hard/correctly/good nutrition/proper rest/dynamic stretching before /static stretching after/and weiders' principle of muscle confusion...........If this wasnt important you wouldnt see weight rooms(massive million dollar facilities)at the collegiate level! Further, on a medical standpoint ...these young men also have a "hormonal window" from ABOUT 15yo to about 22 yo,,,,during this window they can create a huge amount of muscle/strengh/size.I see NO reson to not take advantage of this FACT at the High School level. It would help us win and it would help more of our kids get College opportunities!!! Go back and check the weightlifting numbers of the 87 team!!!Lets try that weightlifting/plyo intesity and see how far we can go again!

I agree 100%: The weightroom IS the place it ALL begins. EVERY winning program has a GREAT off-season Weight training program for the non-winter sports players. You get them involved on day one after the season ends and get some competition between schools to help motivate inter-team competition.

Cowbell, More Cowbell........

Edited by OHSgrad88

Ok first off Jefferson County High School is going down hill with who is in charge. Rogers as AD because Walker brought him from West View Middle School what does he know about being a high school AD why not Delozier or Sinard or Smith. As for Walker he is a puppet he does not care about the people on the inside of the school just what people on the outside think. As far as lifting weights yes it is good but I remember back when I played Kisabeth just open the weight room I never seen a coach all summer and we would have ten or fifteen players working out each day but they played in the state championship game so I guess by dvp4life they would of never won a game because the guys were just good oh boys that worked on farm and drunk illegal beverages so I guess you better be able to bench 400 pounds and squat a thousand before you can dominate. As far as Anderson; loved watching him play at Jeff. Co, and Carson-Newman Football All-American at Carson-Newman ran like a 5.5 fourty and played LB and Center at Jeff County then played center at Carson-Newman lets see all-state in three sports in High School Wrestling, Baseball, and Football, and a state champion. He benched 250 in High School that was not much but he would wipe your - - - on the field and on the mat because he had heart and he would do what ever he had to do to win. As far as coaching he was crazy taking the job lets see Meadows was not a good coach what has he done since he lost all the athletic teams lets see nothing because he ran out of athletes and that is why he left Jeff Co and Euverard was not a good people person and destoried the program and Anderson the sacrificial lamb but wait he went 2007 6-4 playoffs and Big East coach of the year over (Clark DB, Taylor B, Brewer SC, Smith SH, Wells CC,) 2008 3-7 lost all-state QB McFall that beat greenville that lost to maryville in Semi-finals 2009 5-5 stated 0-4 and made the kids believe for a turn around 2010 6-4 playoffs and 6-1 in conference yeah should of been 8-2 but they were not so he came in changed the program in a positive way and started restoring the program back to were we used to be so lets get rid of him. Well we did it was a sad day for the patriot nation all across the state because we knew what he was trying to do the impossibe under what he came in to. so I salute you Jutin Anderson and best of luck and go somewhere where you are wanted.

OHSGrad- we understand your son did not play sorry but get over it

I watched Maryville win state with guys on the OLine that weighed 175lbs. Those guys weren't big but they had perfect teqnique. If the 6'4 280lbs guys are athletic it is great to have them but I have seen many guys that size that were slow as Christmas.