Hall of Champions Games Should Count

I don't pat the T.$.$.A.A on the back much but I was happy to see that Bernard Childress stated his opinion this way about Hall of Champions games counting on your official record....

“The Hall of Champions games are considered regular-season games that are to count on the win/loss record of all teams,†said Childress. “They must be approved as part of the schedule beforehand. The games were essentially created as an opportunity for coaches to schedule two extra games. If they are wins, they should be counted as such, and if they are losses, they should be counted as such.â€

How do the teams you support handle these games ??....Union City has always counted them, win or lose...I noticed Humboldt didn't count their loss to Martin Westview earlier this year...I may be wrong but they have lost to Middleton in years past and didn't count those losses...

I don't pat the T.$.$.A.A on the back much but I was happy to see that Bernard Childress stated his opinion this way about Hall of Champions games counting on your official record....

“The Hall of Champions games are considered regular-season games that are to count on the win/loss record of all teams,†said Childress. “They must be approved as part of the schedule beforehand. The games were essentially created as an opportunity for coaches to schedule two extra games. If they are wins, they should be counted as such, and if they are losses, they should be counted as such.â€

How do the teams you support handle these games ??....Union City has always counted them, win or lose...I noticed Humboldt didn't count their loss to Martin Westview earlier this year...I may be wrong but they have lost to Middleton in years past and didn't count those losses...

Purple, I agree as well. I think they should eitherl count all or none. The problem is giving an option which it sounds like they`re taking away. I also agree I don`t side with TSSAA often, but this is the right call.

The problem I see with this, for the TSSAA that is, is that due to theis ruling many teams may consider not scheduling Hall of Fame games in the next few years. I know Lake Co. boy's coach is considering it after having to play two games with only 6 players due to the fact that the football team was still in the playoffs. If alot of schools do this because they have to count them as a loss then I could see the T$$AA changing its course due to the fact of losing money. Schools really don't care to play now because of not having to count them but if they are forced to I see a change coming especially with small schools. Of course I have a problem with these games as a whole due to the fact it is a money making scheme for the T$$AA but that is another topic itself.

The problem I see with this, for the TSSAA that is, is that due to theis ruling many teams may consider not scheduling Hall of Fame games in the next few years. I know Lake Co. boy's coach is considering it after having to play two games with only 6 players due to the fact that the football team was still in the playoffs. If alot of schools do this because they have to count them as a loss then I could see the T$$AA changing its course due to the fact of losing money. Schools really don't care to play now because of not having to count them but if they are forced to I see a change coming especially with small schools. Of course I have a problem with these games as a whole due to the fact it is a money making scheme for the T$$AA but that is another topic itself.

Either play in them or don't or get together with the opposing coach and make the decision to count it or not...To play a game with officials, wear the uniforms, sell tix and sell concessions and then one team counts the game and the other doesn't is ridiculous in my opinion...

Either play in them or don't or get together with the opposing coach and make the decision to count it or not...To play a game with officials, wear the uniforms, sell tix and sell concessions and then one team counts the game and the other doesn't is ridiculous in my opinion...

Dyer Co wasn't counting their loss but according to the Stste Gazette,will probably have to do so now and maybe take a dip in the Stste rankings that are about to come out soon.Maybe even tomorrow..I agree that they should count but I'm also with Wardawg or at least hoping Lake Co does away with the games.I like having them as far as the girls game but isn't fair to small teams like Lake Co that has most everyone playing football and play with basically a jv team.And playing a team like Brighton and Northside doesn't do any good.No way we are going to beat those bigger squads with a jv team.I'm for doing away with them personally at Lake Co.Just a waste of time and gas to take a beating.

Dyer Co wasn't counting their loss but according to the Stste Gazette,will probably have to do so now and maybe take a dip in the Stste rankings that are about to come out soon.Maybe even tomorrow..I agree that they should count but I'm also with Wardawg or at least hoping Lake Co does away with the games.I like having them as far as the girls game but isn't fair to small teams like Lake Co that has most everyone playing football and play with basically a jv team.And playing a team like Brighton and Northside doesn't do any good.No way we are going to beat those bigger squads with a jv team.I'm for doing away with them personally at Lake Co.Just a waste of time and gas to take a beating.

That's fine and I agree...Don't play...Nobody is making anybody play in them...

The small schools that have a good number of kids playing all sports don't need to get out there with less than a competitive team against anybody that has a full team...Have a girls doubleheader if ADs just insist on playing in them...Nothing at all wrong with that...

In the state of TN the only W's and L's on a record that matter are tourney time. Not many other states can you lose in the post season and still continue to play. All teams get in the post season. It's not like football. Everyone schedules someone out of district any way. LC, DC or any other team wont't prosper from not counting a L anymore than they will by counting a W The only person who benefits is a coach who is concerend with his W/L record or winning %.

If they put on the uniforms and they charge people to get in then they should count them.

If you play in the practice uniforms and its free then it's a scrimmage.

The State Gazette:http://www.stategazette.com/story/1693733.html says they've raised $100,000 in about 10 years. They might be able to build some bathrooms a sidewalk with $100K. They need a lot more to build a building that will be suitable for anything. 10yrs=$100,000 100yrs=$1,000,000 with the way inflation is going it will never be built.