TSSAA Board of Control & Football Playoffs

MarkH

Let's see I just read the article in the Tennessean about the "tweak" and it also listed a gross receipt for Blackman/Smyrna playoff game as approx $37,000. So half to T$$AA is approx 18,500 (I know this is gross and before expenses). So one game gets T$$AA 18,000. Now add in all the other games that night and on one Friday night the T$$AA is bringing in some cash!

Do you think they are going to change anything? :roflol: Only "tweaks" will be done.

From Ronnie to Bernard nothing changes except the mighty dollar always wins out!

on another note: I was dissappointed to read that only 119 of the 300 schools turned in the survey that was sent. However, I bet that half of those that were not sent back were never delivered to a coach and sat in some principals email list.

One simple question...if you are ranking teams that finish 1 or 2 in the district first then all of the others are ranked, what happens when you have multiple district champions in the same quad and those two teams met in regular season? Don't tell me, you look at the computer ranks them!!! BCS don't work, Z plan don't work! Nfl works! Copy cat them!

From Twitter...

BOC voted to seed teams in the football playoffs that finish first and second place in their districts first, then seed remaining teams.

More info as it becomes available

I don't think this works either. 1st and 2nd place in district gets seeded 1st so a team like Coffee County was last year that was 3-7 and was 1st in their district will be seeded over a 3rd and 4th place team this past year in Oakland and Riverdale who were both 8-2.

Wasn't this the way it was a couple of years ago and they changed this so this would not be the case and now were changing it back. Don't change just for sake of making a change. Change to actually make it work. This DOES NOT WORK.

2010 playoffs with district teams seeded 1st

6A

quad 1 same has before with maryville probably winning

quad 2 coffee co should get the top seed has crazy has it sounds but i think not O.R would

advance

1 coffee co

2 bradley co

3 cookeville

4 lincoln co

5 riverdale

6 soddy-daisy

7 oak ridge

8 franklin co

franlin co at coffee co

riverdale at lincoln co

oak ridge at bradley

soddy at cookeville

quad 3 brentwood and mcgavock get to host but smyrna wins quad 3

1 smyrna

2 brentwood

3 mcgavock

4 blackman

5 franklin

6 overton

7 oakland

8 MJ

MJ at smyrna

franklin at blackman

oakland at brentwood

overton at mcgavock

quad 4

same with same result

overall maryville and smyrna play for the state so it didn't effect 6A all that much

5A

quad 1

1 powell

2 knox west

3 anderson co

4 mo west

5 s south

6 boone

7 tennessee

8 mo east

east at powell

south at mo west

tennessee at knox west

boone at anderson co

quad 2

1 tullahoma

2 cleveland

3 columbia

4 lawrence

5 catholic

6 shelbyvillr

7 white co

8 lenior city

lenior city at tullahoma

catholic at lawrence co

white co at cleveland

shelbyville at columbia

quad 3

1 henry co

2 beech

3 gallatin

4 springfield

5 hendersonville

6 northeast

7 clarksville

8 west creek

west creek at henry co

hendersonville at springfield

clarksville at beech

northeast at gallatin

quad 4 same

overall who knows who would have made it to the 5A title game

anderson co at knox west would have been the quad 1 semi

columbia would go to cleveland and tullahoma

could northeast go to beech and gallatin and win

Edited by mjuhb

I say go to a system similar to Georgia's. Large regions, with sub regions an no crossover games throughout the season. Last week of regular season is a crossover of 1 v 1 2v 2 and so on. Winner of 1v1 is region champ, loser is #2 seed. In 2v2 of sub regions is #3 seed, loser is #4. You could go back to the old region system and have region 3 and 4, 1 and 2 battle for a region champ? Just an idea, anything is better than using a computer figure out who is the best.

Edited by coachdub65

I say go to a system similar to Georgia's. Large regions, with sub regions an no crossover games throughout the season. Last week of regular season is a crossover of 1 v 1 2v 2 and so on. Winner of 1v1 is region champ, loser is #2 seed. In 2v2 of sub regions is #3 seed, loser is #4. You could go back to the old region system and have region 3 and 4, 1 and 2 battle for a region champ? Just an idea, anything is better than using a computer figure out who is the best.

Sounds like a good system...makes sense