Is region 4-5a the toughest?

jetFANatic42

Riverdale and Oakland got beat by Lincoln County which is in region 3. But Lincoln County has already lost 2 games in region 3. So that makes me believe that either Lincon County just gets up for the big games or that region 3 might be a little tougher this year. I think that region 3 might be a little tougher this year.

Posted by jetFANatic42:

Region 4-5a has recently been the toughest region in the state. Is it still that way?

Yes, region 4 5a is still very tough! I think it is still the toughest region to play in, but as most of you know I'm biased! Yes, Riverdale and Oakland both slipped up against Lincoln Co. at the pit, but with the QB and the tradition the Falcons have at the pit it could've happened to anyone! Blackman and Smyrna had a couple problems early on in the season, which both have tremendously improved on in the last 2 or 3 games! But, I gauranty by the end of the season and into the playoffs we will regain your respect for our awesome region! I predict region 4 5a will not lose more than one game if any in the first round of the playoffs! That's where you will see how we really compare to region 3 5a! :D

It's interesting. Last year I would have argued that R4 was 'top heavy', only having four or five good teams.

But this year all of them seem to be pretty good.

I know the Boro teams are good, and I've seen Lebanon, LaVergne, and Smyrna(they might be the best in the region). So really MJHS is the only poor team in there.

I still think region 5 could make an arguement, but with H'ville losing to two region 4 teams and several other region 5 teams losing to region 4 teams, I'll have to concede that region 4 is just a little better.

But not by much. :D

Thanks for the respect just1up! And your right the top 4 in your region can play with anyone in our region respectively! Good luck to you and the Wave!

Posted by just1np:

It's interesting. Last year I would have argued that R4 was 'top heavy', only having four or five good teams.

But this year all of them seem to be pretty good.

I know the Boro teams are good, and I've seen Lebanon, LaVergne, and Smyrna(they might be the best in the region). So really MJHS is the only poor team in there.

I still think region 5 could make an arguement, but with H'ville losing to two region 4 teams and several other region 5 teams losing to region 4 teams, I'll have to concede that region 4 is just a little better.

But not by much. :D

Guest redevil49

8 5a has the best teams in the state playing in it

1.ap Germantown best D in state

2.ap Houston best running back in state

Whitehaven very good passing team great athletes

Collierville pretty good team

Posted by redevil49:

8 5a has the best teams in the state playing in it

1.ap Germantown best D in state

2.ap Houston best running back in state

Whitehaven very good passing team great athletes

Collierville pretty good team

All I have to say is SOFT schedule! Look at their margin of victory, it's ridiculous! Play somebody and then you can talk!

Posted by redevil49:

we must stink since we blow every body else out. Good point!

Man, Look at region 8. They have like 3 teams that have great records, nd like 3 or 4 with horrible records. Look at region 4. They all are pretty evenly matched. Region 4 is still the toughest, but will be hard pressed to keep that reputation in the comming years. It is already feeling the effects of blackman, and seigal is fixin to open next year, the athletes will be spread over 4 schools, so.......

It will be hard.