Region 6A

Vandychris

I will be the first to put it out there. Since the 11A fans get upset about the 12A fans talking about this on their forum, I figured I would start one for both districts to feel free to talk about inter-region match-ups and what we think will happen at the region tournament.

My prediction is that it will be an all 12A final featuring Summertown and Perry County. I do not see a 11A team beating either team.

12A

1. Perry County/Summertown

2. Perry County/Summertown

3. Wayne County

4. Loretto/Collinwood

11A

1. Columbia Academy

2. Mt Pleasant

3. Culleoka

4. Santa Fe/Hampshire

Match ups

1st Round

D12 #1 vs 11A #4--No contest, D12 #1 wins this by 20 or more

Mt Pleasant vs Wayne County--I think Mt Pleasant is a little more athletic than WC and wins this

Columbia Academy vs D12 #4--CA should pull this out by 15 or more

D12 #2 vs Culleoka--The top 2 in D12 are much better than anything 11A has to offer--D12 wins this

2nd Round

D12 #1 vs Mt Pleasant--Seeing the way they matched up so far, D12 wins this

CA vs D12 #2--Again, seeing how they have already matched up, this goes to D12

Finals

You are left with an all D12 final between Perry County and Summertown. Loser goes to visit Clarksville Academy for the season finale while the winner probably hosts McEwen and have a legit shot at state--I think I would rather win the Region than lose it.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be the first to put it out there. Since the 11A fans get upset about the 12A fans talking about this on their forum, I figured I would start one for both districts to feel free to talk about inter-region match-ups and what we think will happen at the region tournament.

My prediction is that it will be an all 12A final featuring Summertown and Perry County. I do not see a 11A team beating either team.

12A

1. Perry County/Summertown

2. Perry County/Summertown

3. Wayne County

4. Loretto/Collinwood

11A

1. Columbia Academy

2. Mt Pleasant

3. Culleoka

4. Santa Fe/Hampshire

Match ups

1st Round

D12 #1 vs 11A #4--No contest, D12 #1 wins this by 20 or more

Mt Pleasant vs Wayne County--I think Mt Pleasant is a little more athletic than WC and wins this

Columbia Academy vs D12 #4--CA should pull this out by 15 or more

D12 #2 vs Culleoka--The top 2 in D12 are much better than anything 11A has to offer--D12 wins this

2nd Round

D12 #1 vs Mt Pleasant--Seeing the way they matched up so far, D12 wins this

CA vs D12 #2--Again, seeing how they have already matched up, this goes to D12

Finals

You are left with an all D12 final between Perry County and Summertown. Loser goes to visit Clarksville Academy for the season finale while the winner probably hosts McEwen and have a legit shot at state--I think I would rather win the Region than lose it.

This looks pretty good other than the Perry Co/Summertown, what is that your not / with us until Never. Friday night you know who will be that Big #1.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that the 11A guys are still too afraid to join in this topic---They know the truth and I think they may be afraid to admit it. Their best team has been beaten by double digits twice by the 2nd place team in 12, so that tells ya something!!!!! They even refuse to admit that Summertown is better than CA, even though two games have told the story.

I believe the district 11 #1 seed will beat Loretto but will be hard pressed to beat either of the other 3 in district 12. I believe both Summertown and Perry County should get to the substate but as we have seen in the past--- poor 3 point shooting will doom an offense quickly. Yes and I know Summertown beat Columbia Academy by 10 + twice. Who beat who during the regular season----Perry Co. vs Summertown?

I believe the district 11 #1 seed will beat Loretto but will be hard pressed to beat either of the other 3 in district 12. I believe both Summertown and Perry County should get to the substate but as we have seen in the past--- poor 3 point shooting will doom an offense quickly. Yes and I know Summertown beat Columbia Academy by 10 + twice. Who beat who during the regular season----Perry Co. vs Summertown?

Both teams won their home game.

How I see Region playing out.

D12

#1 Perry Co

#2 Wayne Co

#3 Summertown

#4 Loretto

D11

#1 Colombia Academy

#2 Mt. Pleasant

#3 Culleoka

#4 Santa Fe

Round 1

Perry Co vs Santa Fe(Perry Co by 20+)

Wayne Co vs Culleoka(Wayne Co by 14)

Summertown vs Mt. Pleasant(Summertown by 7)

Loretto vs Colombia Academy(Colombia Academy by 4)

Round 2

Perry Co vs Summertown(Perry Co by 8)

Wayne Co vs Colombia Academy(Wayne Co by 12)

Championship

Perry Co vs Wayne Co(Perry Co by 3)

Perry Co gets Home Sub State game vs McEwen(Perry Co by 17)

Wayne Co travels to Away Sub State game vs Clarksville Academy (Clarksville Academy by 9)

I can't wait to see how the D12 tournament plays out. Perry Co. Wayne Co. and Summertown are all very good teams and have a shot to win the region. I think Perry Co. will win the District tournament with the homecourt advantage, but Wayne Co. and Summertown are both capable of beating them in the Region. Also, it will be very important to win the region this year because I don't think anybody wants to travel to Clarksville Academy for the Sub-State.

I would agree with that. Summertown could still be the two coming into district--its a coin flip for second. i think Summertown is better than WC but an off night cost them and the loss to Cwood really hurt---not making excuses but there were extenuating circumstances for that--in case you hadn't heard, Coach McBee passed on Wednesday and was buried Saturday, so I can see how our boys may have been slighly unfocused.

I agree top to bottom that district 11A may very well be stronger than 11A. That being said, I believe anything can happen in the 1st round of the regions. A lot will depend on seedings from district tournaments.

Going into season I thought Summertown had the #1 team. Bubba Clifton is one the best players I've seen from this area. Seems that they haven't lived up to expectations?

I see 11A going 1-3 or 2-2 with possibly a big upset in the 1st round of regions.

I agree top to bottom that district 11A may very well be stronger than 11A. That being said, I believe anything can happen in the 1st round of the regions. A lot will depend on seedings from district tournaments.

Going into season I thought Summertown had the #1 team. Bubba Clifton is one the best players I've seen from this area. Seems that they haven't lived up to expectations?

I see 11A going 1-3 or 2-2 with possibly a big upset in the 1st round of regions.

I'm not sure who will win the Region. I've seen S'town play very good and very bad and I've seen WC play very good and very bad. I think that WC is as good as Perry County but they can't keep it together when the two teams play. On the other hand Loretto is as good as WC and probably S'town. Perry County only plays 6 players the entire game and I don't understand why S'town & WC don't just run the floor the entire game or at least the first half and wear PC down. I think S'town could do it more than WC.