Region 6A

Vandychris

I was just sure ObamasMama would be on here to tell us about those picks of his. Where is 11A now? And what happened to Mr. Football?

Golly gee! let's ALL give akaGlazed a hand! He predicted this matchup from the start! YAY!!!!!!

onto the games......

Game 1 PC vs WC - VERY poor first half for both teams offensively. Low scoring. Looked like two heavyweights sizing each other up for the 1st few rounds of a title fight. But this wasn't a sign of things to come as things got MUCH more exciting in the 2nd half. PC came out guns ablazing in the 3rd and Mercer had several baskets in transition. PC was up 14 and #33 for WC hits a 3 from the corner at the buzzer to cut the lead to 11. PC came out stalling the ball in the 4th and WC forced some turnovers. Rice converted 3 straight 3 pointers and the lead was cut to 2 with 5:00 to go. It had all the makings of a TOTAL COLAPSE by PC. Sound familiar?? WC had the lead by 1 with less than 2 mins to go...Rice (or aka "daddys boy" as the PC fans showed so much class in calling him) gets in trouble, tries to call TO but the refs signal jump ball to PC...Rhodes misses a 3 (he was off all night) rebounds goes long back to Rhodes, and he banks in the 3 ball w/ the AND1. Biggest shot of the night....after a couple of traded FTs and a miss at the line by Rhodes WC is down 2 with the ball. 15 secs. Rice head fakes, tries to draw foul from Tucker who was defending him, Tucker flops, Rice passes off the last shot to #12 who proceed to brick a 3 (which he did at least a dozen times during the game)...game over PC wins by 2. THEN the most entertaining part of the night when Coach Willard of WC chased the refs off the court for the non call on the last play.

Game 2 S-Town vs MP - MP gets off to poor luck in the 1st half as clifton got 2 quick fouls on Princeton Harlan. I thought S-town basically controlled the game entirely with Clifton making play after play after play (showing why he should EASILY be the Region MVP). MP tried to make a run in the 4th when Princeton was finally able to get back on the court. they fed the ball down low and he was simply unstoppable. MP couldn't make a FT or make a shot outside of 18 ft...Princeton DID have the highlight play of the game with a flat footed FEROCIOUS two handed jam on a miss in the paint over a couple of defenders!!

Edited by obamasmama

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just sure ObamasMama would be on here to tell us about those picks of his. Where is 11A now? And what happened to Mr. Football?

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Football played an amazing game and was nearly unstoppable toward the end. Made a few mistakes that also hurt them at the end. He should've taken the last shot, but gave it up to someone who couldn't make a shot all night. It was an amazing game and it was a shame to watch someone lose. The only problem I had is that the refs had a tendency to control the game at times.

Princeton DID have the highlight play of the game with a flat footed FEROCIOUS two handed jam on a miss in the paint over a couple of defenders!!

That was impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt he a sophomore? If so, just think, we get to deal with him for 2 more years.

I like our chances on the nuetral court against PC.

That was impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt he a sophomore? If so, just think, we get to deal with him for 2 more years.

I like our chances on the nuetral court against PC.

Yes, just a sophomore....If PC plays like they did against WC, S-Town will beat them easily.

Bubba Clifton was BY FAR the best player in either game. I'd rank Harlan #2. He's going to be TOUGH to stop over the next two years!!

When will the sub-state games be played?

Per this link below:

http://www.tssaa.org/2010Champions/StateBBasketball/sectional.htm

DIVISION I CLASS A SECTIONAL BOYS BASKETBALL PAIRINGS & RESULTS

All Games are Monday, March 7, 2011, at 7:00 PM Local Time unless otherwise stated.

Visitor Home Result & Site

(Runner-Up Region 2)

(Winner Region 1) ,

(Runner-Up Region 1)

(Winner Region 2) ,

(Runner-Up Region 4)

(Winner Region 3) ,

(Runner-Up Region 3)

(Winner Region 4) ,

(Runner-Up Region 6)

(Winner Region 5) ,

(Runner-Up Region 5)

(Winner Region 6) ,

(Runner-Up Region 8)

(Winner Region 7) ,

(Runner-Up Region 7)

(Winner Region 8) ,

If you all would like I can do the footwork and fill out the information as it stands with who is still alive for each of the above games

Edited by Vandychris

Per this link below:

http://www.tssaa.org/2010Champions/StateBBasketball/sectional.htm

DIVISION I CLASS A SECTIONAL BOYS BASKETBALL PAIRINGS & RESULTS

All Games are Monday, March 7, 2011, at 7:00 PM Local Time unless otherwise stated.

Visitor Home Result & Site

(Runner-Up Region 2)

(Winner Region 1) ,

(Runner-Up Region 1)

(Winner Region 2) ,

(Runner-Up Region 4)

(Winner Region 3) ,

(Runner-Up Region 3)

(Winner Region 4) ,

(Runner-Up Region 6)

(Winner Region 5) ,

(Runner-Up Region 5)

(Winner Region 6) ,

(Runner-Up Region 8)

(Winner Region 7) ,

(Runner-Up Region 7)

(Winner Region 8) ,

If you all would like I can do the footwork and fill out the information as it stands with who is still alive for each of the above games

Did it anyway---we still hae the following teams left and the sectional matchups that are possible as follows:

Hampton/Cloudland @ Harriman/Jellico

Harriman/Jellico @ Hampton Cloudland

CSAS/Lookout Valley @ Clay County/FCS

Clay County/FCS @ CSAS/Lookout Valley

McEwen/Clarkville Academy @ Summertown/Perry Ccounty

Summertown/Perry County @ McEwen/Clarksville Academy

Humboldt/Lake County @ Middleton/Westlake

Middleton/Westlake @ Humboldt/Lake County

For all your post season schedules/brackets please go to www.jim314.com

Its really the only place where you can see everything in a quick and easy format.

It even has dates and times of upcoming games and the scores of previous games.

Edited by tyme