Improvements for state

barbwire

Whats the point of having a huge venue if you're going to cram everyone on one end? Might as well go back to Clarksville.

I think they are trying to get the fans closer to the action to make the energy more exciting. I agree with this. If everyone will remember that when the mats were in the center of the arena that everyone was so far away the atmosphere was not what it's been in the past. What I do not like and every single person I've talked to is opposed to is all three finals being wrestled at once. Most fans want to watch all three matches. Someone needs to contact the tssaa asap and express their feelings. The Tssaa should be here to work for it's members and not the other way around. Maybe they will listen to our suggestions

• Upvote 1

Whats the point of having a huge venue if you're going to cram everyone on one end? Might as well go back to Clarksville.

The point is that we all get to see the finals! There should be plenty of seating. The one end is still significantly larger than the Clarksville High School gym which was excrutiatingly painful. Thanks for bringing back those memories.

As for Chattanooga, UTC would be happy to host the event on Wednesday morning if there's not a women's ice hockey game that day. While the best venue was no doubt UTC, the school showed complete disregard for the wrestlers (who had to miss an entire week of school--exception of Monday, eat overpriced junk food), the parents, relatives and fans (that could not take off all week). This just isn't an option. We either need to find another location or do everything possible to spruce up the event at the new location and make this as special for the young people competing as possible.

Edited by mocs2011

The point is that we all get to see the finals! There should be plenty of seating. The one end is still significantly larger than the Clarksville High School gym which was excrutiatingly painful. Thanks for bringing back those memories.

As for Chattanooga, UTC would be happy to host the event on Wednesday morning if there's not a women's ice hockey game that day. While the best venue was no doubt UTC, the school showed complete disregard for the wrestlers (who had to miss an entire week of school--exception of Monday, eat overpriced junk food), the parents, relatives and fans (that could not take off all week). This just isn't an option. We either need to find another location or do everything possible to spruce up the event at the new location and make this as special for the young people competing as possible.

I think they are trying to get the fans closer to the action to make the energy more exciting. I agree with this. If everyone will remember that when the mats were in the center of the arena that everyone was so far away the atmosphere was not what it's been in the past. What I do not like and every single person I've talked to is opposed to is all three finals being wrestled at once. Most fans want to watch all three matches. Someone needs to contact the tssaa asap and express their feelings. The Tssaa should be here to work for it's members and not the other way around. Maybe they will listen to our suggestions

I like the Ag Center,but I personally can only watch one match at a time... I like the idea of the finals being one after the other..

I like the Ag Center,but I personally can only watch one match at a time... I like the idea of the finals being one after the other..

i don't think you will ever see the finals wrestled one match at a time. That would take about 6 hours to run all 3 matches. I'm pretty sure there is not an additional 4 hours in the schedule.

Sounds like you should be calling the TSSAA...unless you aren't a someone?

i don't think you will ever see the finals wrestled one match at a time. That would take about 6 hours to run all 3 matches. I'm pretty sure there is not an additional 4 hours in the schedule.

Just glancing at the schedules it wouldn't be an issue at all. There are several ways to do it. It doesn't take two hours for a dual meet. Maybe two hours with both teams warming up ect.. since there will be extra mats have the next group warmed up and ready to wrestle on the next mat. Then your looking at an 1:10 - 1:25 mins each match. That's one way. Or better scheduling of times would be another way. Or wrestle finals matches at same time of the consolation finals in the same division. Many fixes to this problem. Just like they always said the individual tournament would never be double elimination. All it takes is a little effort. But people are more worried about ice cream instead of the quality and experience of the tournament.