Brtadford at Greenfield

Rascalflatt

Good win for Greenfield, hard fought game by both teams. Two good teams and the two best coaches in the region. Bradford took the lead with 4 minutes to go but Greenfield fought back in a low scoring game.

Another good game by Jordan Galey. I have watched Jordan Galey and Sara Combs for 6 years now and there is no comparison in the two girls in their basketball skills or their attitude.

Greenfieldfan, whereas I have great respect for both Coach Trevathan and Coach Eddings, they are 2 great coaches - however remember that Gleason has split with Greenfield and beaten Bradford twice. Given those records - something must be said about the Gleason coach. I personally think that the Gleason coach has gotten the best out of his troops - we are not as athletic as Bradford or Greenfield. I think Coach Ayers has done an amazing job with his "given" troops as any coach in the region.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU ARE RIGHT. YOUR COACH GETS THE MOST OUT OF PLAYERS. WHEN YOU BREAK DOWN YOUR LEADING SCORER, AND DROP HER CONFIDENCE, YOU ARE HURTING THE TEAM. IF A PLAYER HAS MADE A MISTAKE YOU MUST PUT THEM IN CHECK, BUT YOU MUST DO IT IN A POSTIVE WAY. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A EDDINGS SUPPORT ( EVEN WHEN HE COACHED THE BOYS TEAM, DO YOU RECALL THAT GREENFIELD) . ALL I KNOW IS WHEN COACH P WAS THERE BRADFORD WAS SOLID. THEY HAVE WENT DOWN EVERY YEAR SINCE.

Good win for Greenfield, hard fought game by both teams. Two good teams and the two best coaches in the region. Bradford took the lead with 4 minutes to go but Greenfield fought back in a low scoring game.

Another good game by Jordan Galey. I have watched Jordan Galey and Sara Combs for 6 years now and there is no comparison in the two girls in their basketball skills or their attitude.

Skill wise, Combs is better in my opinion. By your post, you won't agree with me, but it's just my opinion.

By the way, what was the final score of this game?

Edited by GCPioneer

YOU ARE RIGHT. YOUR COACH GETS THE MOST OUT OF PLAYERS. WHEN YOU BREAK DOWN YOUR LEADING SCORER, AND DROP HER CONFIDENCE, YOU ARE HURTING THE TEAM. IF A PLAYER HAS MADE A MISTAKE YOU MUST PUT THEM IN CHECK, BUT YOU MUST DO IT IN A POSTIVE WAY. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A EDDINGS SUPPORT ( EVEN WHEN HE COACHED THE BOYS TEAM, DO YOU RECALL THAT GREENFIELD) . ALL I KNOW IS WHEN COACH P WAS THERE BRADFORD WAS SOLID. THEY HAVE WENT DOWN EVERY YEAR SINCE.

Bradford had more talent than anybody 3-4 years ago. They had 4 post players back then and could rotate them and play a physical game. They also had Wallsmith and the girl that went to Martin Methodist. You cant compare this Bradford team with those Bradford teams. I stick with my previous statement Coach Eddings gets more out of his talent than anybody and I'm not ready to even compare him to the Gleason coach.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Skill wise, Combs is better in my opinion. By your post, you won't agree with me, but it's just my opinion.

By the way, what was the final score of this game?

Greenfield won by 4. My problem with Combs is mainly her attitude and she doesnt play hard only in spurts. She takes plays off and was not really a factor last night. I will take Street over Combs if I had to pick one girl everytime. Street plays the best defense other than TT in the region and has become an offensive threat.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Sometimes a parent will defend actions by their child and blame the coach. When a coach is at every practice and sees things we dont see, he does whats best for the team. Dont question Coach Eddings as a man or a coach, he is a class act. You have blamed him everytime Bradford loses and I am tired of hearing it.

I DEFEND ALL PLAYERS. I WAS BOUNCED LAST YEAR WHEN I SAID STREET WAS AS FAST AS TT. WHEN I SAID WALSMITH WAS AS GOOD AS ANYONE IN THE DISTRICT, WHEN I TOOK UP FOR OLIVER, WHEN I BRAGGED ON PROUDFIT, WHEN I SAID TUBBS PLAYED GREAT DFENSE AND WHEN I SAID MORGAN WAS AS GOOD AS WALSMITH. SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THIS PARENT THING BECAUSE YOUR WRONG. AND MY FRIEND I AM TIRED OF YOUR DOWNING OF A BRADFORD PLAYER, THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE. AND I CAN AND WILL QUESTION ANYONE I FEEL LIKE. AS I HAVE SAID EDDINGS IS A GOOD COACH, SOMETIMES HE MAKES LITTLE MISTAKES. BUT HE IS A GOOD OVER ALL COACH. AND IF I HAD A KID PLAYING,(MINE ARE GROWN) I WOULD LIKE THEM TO PLAY FOR THEM BECAUSE I AM SURE HE STILL HAS CONTACTS AT THE NEXT LEVEL.

Well, I was a bit off on the score. lol Bradford looked very good last night. My opinion is that Street is the best player in the district and I don't think it is that close.

On another note, could we please stop with the arguing back and forth. I am sure there are kids on every team that have bad attitudes from time to time or just have personalities that some people do not like. I for one have never seen a player on Greenfield or Bradford show an attitude on the floor. That being said, these kids are 15-18 years old, and this public forum is no place for this kind of talk. These kids read this stuff. If you want to talk about things they need to improve on, that is one thing, but let's leave the topix type talk for topix

Greenfield won by 4. My problem with Combs is mainly her attitude and she doesnt play hard only in spurts. She takes plays off and was a nonfactor last night. I will take Street over Combs if I had to pick one girl everytime. Street plays the best defense other than TT in the region and has become an offensive threat.

I HAVE NEVER SAID COMBS OR STREET WAS A BETTER PLAYER. WHAT I SAID WAS COMBS HIT THE 3 THAT GAVE BRADFORD THE FIRST LEAD OF THE GAME. THEN HIT THE 2. THEN DID NOT TOUCH THE BALL AGAIN TILL IT WAS OVER. IF STREET HAD HIT THE LAST FIVE POINTS I WOULD HAVE SAID GIVE IT TO HER. THE EVANS GIRL STARTED OUT LAST YEAR AS A SCORING THREAT. SHE HAD A COUPLE BAD GAMES WAS MOVED DOWN THE ROTATION. SHE LOST ALL HER CONFIDENCE. SHE IS STARTING TO GET A LITTLE BACK NOW A YEAR LATER. COMBS HAS LOST HERS ALSO. YOU MUST KEEP A PLAYERS CONFIDENCE UP. WITH OUT IT, THEY HAVE LITTLE CHANCE. THE COMBS GIRL IS A 6 FOOT GUARD THAT PLAYS AS GOOD ON THE FULL COURT PRESS AS ANYONE THEY HAVE AFTER STREET. SO SHE WILL GET TIRED CHASING 5'6" GIRLS AROUND THE COURT. SHE HAS NO WHERE NERE THE ENDURANCE OF STREET. AS FOR THE NON FACTOR, SHE HAD 11 POINTS, STREET HAD 12, RANDOLPH HAD 13, AND GALEY HAD 14. THAT WAS YOUR LEADING SCORES OF THE GAME. SHE WAS SOME KIND OF FACTOR. YOU JUST HATE THE KID. SO YOU BASH HER.

Well, I was a bit off on the score. lol Bradford looked very good last night. My opinion is that Street is the best player in the district and I don't think it is that close.

On another note, could we please stop with the arguing back and forth. I am sure there are kids on every team that have bad attitudes from time to time or just have personalities that some people do not like. I for one have never seen a player on Greenfield or Bradford show an attitude on the floor. That being said, these kids are 15-18 years old, and this public forum is no place for this kind of talk. These kids read this stuff. If you want to talk about things they need to improve on, that is one thing, but let's leave the topix type talk for topix

YOUR RIGHT, I AM SORRY ABOUT MY LAST POST. I HAD PUT IT UP AT THE SAME TIME YOU DID I GUESS. IF YOUR GREENFIELD FAN WILL BACK OFF THE KIDS, I WILL BACK OF GREENFIELD FAN.

Yellowjackets1, I would have to disagree with you on the best player in the district. TT is the best player in the district, on the best team in the district and #21 Carnation Hart is not bad either. Have seen all the teams play and this is my opinion just like you have yours but for this best coach in the district talk, and this or that player to be the best in the district then they would be doing better overall than they are. Honestly, if Bradford had the best player in the district they would not be losing all the games they have b/c Eddings IS a good coach. I have known Coach Johnson for a long time and he does at great job at LC. Has taken less talented teams and knocked off some very good Gleason teams in the district and region tournaments, Has taken a LC Boys team to the state as well as a LC girls team. I will rank him up there with anyone in the district. To the game big win for Greenfield as I said in the LC/Greenfield thread the jackets can be a very dangerous team if they play every night like they do when they face LC.

Everybody but yellowjacket1 will agree that TT is the best player in the region. TT was the best player in the region as a freshman and she still is the best player.

Sometimes the Bradford homeboy comes out in yellowjacket1, he was raised in Bradford and has had a hard time crossing over.

Edited by Greenfieldfan