Science Hill vs. East TN

Toppsportsfan

Heres it what it boils down to. SH is (bc of size,talent,feeder system) better than just about any team this side of knoxville.

College and high school are completely different in terms of on court games.

Hampton is elite...in their own division. (would lose 9 out of 10 games...anywhere,any time against shhs)

Shhs.bench is not a let down? hunter laveau is a super talent and whether or not you like the kid..cj good can shoot.

Yes hampton has very good talent (1 kid would get significant PT at shhs)

I hope all local teams do well and get east tn some more cred statewide.

Shhs is recognized as elite in the state...dont kid yourself.

I dont wanna talk football haha not even I can argue my way outta that one.

Edited by ToppSportsFan

Heres it what it boils down to. SH is (bc of size,talent,feeder system) better than just about any team this side of knoxville.

College and high school are completely different in terms of on court games.

Hampton is elite...in their own division. (would lose 9 out of 10 games...anywhere,any time against shhs)

Shhs.bench is not a let down? hunter laveau is a super talent and whether or not you like the kid..cj good can shoot.

Yes hampton has very good talent (1 kid would get significant PT at shhs)

I hope all local teams do well and get east tn some more cred statewide.

Shhs is recognized as elite in the state...dont kid yourself.

I dont wanna talk football haha not even I can argue my way outta that one.

:roflolk:

I still disagree with SH beating Hampton 9 out of 10 games...but thats JMO.

Id be willing to say that our 3 guards would see PT at SHHS, not just one...kinda like SH, one cant 'make' the team...if they're good, its a TEAM effort!

Edited by uknoit2

:roflolk:

I still disagree with SH beating Hampton 9 out of 10 games...but thats JMO.

Id be willing to say that our 3 guards would see PT at SHHS, not just one...kinda like SH, one cant 'make' the team...if they're good, its a TEAM effort!

I watch Hampton last night and yes shhs would beat them 9 out10.As for the players you have 2 Hughes and Ward and he would come off the bench.Hill couldnt play there to slow for the system.And Hughes wouldnt avg 20 there because he wouldnt shoot 50 times a game.Do you know if the ward kids is Kevin wards son looks like him :roflol:

I watch Hampton last night and yes shhs would beat them 9 out10.As for the players you have 2 Hughes and Ward and he would come off the bench.Hill couldnt play there to slow for the system.And Hughes wouldnt avg 20 there because he wouldnt shoot 50 times a game.Do you know if the ward kids is Kevin wards son looks like him :roflol:

Not Kevin's kid! Not a kid here, at SH, nor any other school within a 500 mile radius could have carried Kevin's water cup! He's about the best I've

ever seen come out of this area and the best I ever played with!!!!

Ahhhh, we have great ball handling and floor control with our starting guards....as good as any at the starting position. Ball smarts would have the three guards seeing PT at SH or any other big school!

Edited by uknoit2

Not Kevin's kid! Not a kid here, at SH, nor any other school within a 500 mile radius could have carried Kevin's water cup! He's about the best I've

ever seen come out of this area and the best I ever played with!!!!

Ahhhh, we have great ball handling and floor control with our starting guards....as good as any at the starting position. Ball smarts would have the three guards seeing PT at SH or any other big school!

We agree on something loved 2 watch him play Kevin could shoot it.My cousin played at Hampton Bo Scalf im sure you remember him.Iwas at the bro when oliver run the point for you guys i think 83 :roflol: telling my age

We agree on something loved 2 watch him play Kevin could shoot it.My cousin played at Hampton Bo Scalf im sure you remember him.Iwas at the bro when oliver run the point for you guys i think 83 :roflol: telling my age

Yep! But honestly, it just doesnt seem that long ago (tho my knees say otherwise).....'83, the year Leon Tolley (Hampton) won State tourney MVP but was on the loosing team!!!! Now there is yet another Hampton 'Great'! :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

Both are the 2 best teams in this area in my opinion by far but the problem is Hampton has yet to beat anyone who is really a very good basketball team. I mean moral victories are ok for confidence but they dont get you W's.

Not by far. You can't overlook Erwin. My top ten in this area:

1. Science Hill

2. Hampton/Erwin-very evenly matched teams

4. Dobyns Bennet

5. Cloudland-if they had Logan Morgan for another year they would be second.

6. David Crockett

7. Daniel Boone

8. TN High

9. Sullivan East

10. Cherokee

Edited by THE KING

Both are the 2 best teams in this area in my opinion by far but the problem is Hampton has yet to beat anyone who is really a very good basketball team. I mean moral victories are ok for confidence but they dont get you W's.

Agreed...but, Unicoi? Tenn High? Green Co Tip-Off? Roan Co Schools in the Climate Controllers Classic? Not the best of teams, but still pretty darn good!

We played well against a great Hunter Huss team and we'll not meet anyone near that caliber in tourney!

Moral Victories against very good AAA schools, should prepare for the 1A tourney...IMO

This team is 25-3....Has blown out the competition this year with the starters (for the most part) on the bench for some of the 3rd and all the 4th (except Cloudland)....Has been called the "weak sister from the East"...we hope they continue to overlook! :thumb:

I really don't get this argument of Hampton not beating anyone? I think some of you guys are giving the big schools in this area a little more credit than they deserve and are thinking the teams in Hampton's conference are just weak sisters. They are not. I know you really can't compare scores but that is all we really have here. Unaka beat S. Central by 3 points just about 3 weeks ago and S. Hill just beat that same team by 4 points? Cloudland beat Greeneville by 23 points and S. Hill just beat Greeneville by 8? Cloudland also beat S. Central and David Crockett? Hampton beat Unicoi who is undefeated in their conference and thrashed Harriman, who is single A, but has an 11-1 conference record. Hampton beat TN high and S. Central also. I'm not really sure who you guys think Hampton should schedule? They have beat or played evenly with EVERY team in this area. I guess some years the big 10 conference is much better than Hampton's conference but the scores have shown that they are really not that far apart this year. I just don't think Hampton will play a team as good as Hunter Huss or S. Hill until very deep into the playoffs. As far as moral victories go, the fans may use the S. Hill game as a moral victory but I can tell you that the players do NOT. They know they let S. Hill off the hook by missing so many free throws and some guys know they did not play up to their potential in that game and it still bothers them. I can tell you for sure that Hampton does not consider the S. Hill game a moral victory, but a game they let slip away.

I really don't get this argument of Hampton not beating anyone? I think some of you guys are giving the big schools in this area a little more credit than they deserve and are thinking the teams in Hampton's conference are just weak sisters. They are not. I know you really can't compare scores but that is all we really have here. Unaka beat S. Central by 3 points just about 3 weeks ago and S. Hill just beat that same team by 4 points? Cloudland beat Greeneville by 23 points and S. Hill just beat Greeneville by 8? Cloudland also beat S. Central and David Crockett? Hampton beat Unicoi who is undefeated in their conference and thrashed Harriman, who is single A, but has an 11-1 conference record. Hampton beat TN high and S. Central also. I'm not really sure who you guys think Hampton should schedule? They have beat or played evenly with EVERY team in this area. I guess some years the big 10 conference is much better than Hampton's conference but the scores have shown that they are really not that far apart this year. I just don't think Hampton will play a team as good as Hunter Huss or S. Hill until very deep into the playoffs. As far as moral victories go, the fans may use the S. Hill game as a moral victory but I can tell you that the players do NOT. They know they let S. Hill off the hook by missing so many free throws and some guys know they did not play up to their potential in that game and it still bothers them. I can tell you for sure that Hampton does not consider the S. Hill game a moral victory, but a game they let slip away.

Beat unicoi by 1 in OT at home and Lyle hit a shot at the buzzer that was waved off. Unicoi won at home by 8. i agree with the ranking above that unicoi and hampton very evenly matched.

I disagree here! S. Hill, because of depth, would maybe beat Hampton 6 out 10 times but that is it. For S. Hill to beat Hampton 9 out of 10 would mean S. Hill would have to play a great game 9 out of 10 times. SH does not play to their potential and bring their "A" game 9 out of 10 times. I mean how many times can you say "well, SH just did not get up for this game" before u realize that maybe this is just the team you have. I mean, look how many games this year SH just did want to be there....Morristown East, TN high, DB(twice) Sullivan Central, and Hampton? S. Hill just does not bring their "A" game every night and that would give Hampton more than one victory in the series. Just an FYI....I have heard some rumors that Hale and Allen may not even be at the Hill next year? Heard they both may try to go Oak Hill. Anyone else heard this?