Science Hill vs. East TN

Toppsportsfan

I really don't get this argument of Hampton not beating anyone? I think some of you guys are giving the big schools in this area a little more credit than they deserve and are thinking the teams in Hampton's conference are just weak sisters. They are not. I know you really can't compare scores but that is all we really have here. Unaka beat S. Central by 3 points just about 3 weeks ago and S. Hill just beat that same team by 4 points? Cloudland beat Greeneville by 23 points and S. Hill just beat Greeneville by 8? Cloudland also beat S. Central and David Crockett? Hampton beat Unicoi who is undefeated in their conference and thrashed Harriman, who is single A, but has an 11-1 conference record. Hampton beat TN high and S. Central also. I'm not really sure who you guys think Hampton should schedule? They have beat or played evenly with EVERY team in this area. I guess some years the big 10 conference is much better than Hampton's conference but the scores have shown that they are really not that far apart this year. I just don't think Hampton will play a team as good as Hunter Huss or S. Hill until very deep into the playoffs. As far as moral victories go, the fans may use the S. Hill game as a moral victory but I can tell you that the players do NOT. They know they let S. Hill off the hook by missing so many free throws and some guys know they did not play up to their potential in that game and it still bothers them. I can tell you for sure that Hampton does not consider the S. Hill game a moral victory, but a game they let slip away.

T.D., some watched Hampton play at home agaist HV and say, no way we could hang with the Hill.

You will get some replies to your score comparison listed above. They will say they were just off because they were playing an easy school to beat.

That excuse works for every school except Hampton....correct me if Im wrong, but with the exception of Cloudland and Unicoi, Hampton has destroyed all others (no disrespect meant to any).

Lost to Hunter Huss, SH and Unicoi by an agerage of 11?! Not a moral victory, but they can feel good to have shot so poorly and played them so close! :thumb:

Beat unicoi by 1 in OT at home and Lyle hit a shot at the buzzer that was waved off. Unicoi won at home by 8. i agree with the ranking above that unicoi and hampton very evenly matched.

Unicoi is really good team. Not to make excuses but 2 out of Hampton's top 7 did not even dress over at Unicoi and Hughes played with the flu and had been throwing up all day. I do think this contributed to Hampton having it's lowest point output of the year.

Beat unicoi by 1 in OT at home and Lyle hit a shot at the buzzer that was waved off. Unicoi won at home by 8. i agree with the ranking above that unicoi and hampton very evenly matched.

Glad the ref was on his toes that night! Our clock didnt start when the ball was tipped on the in-bound pass (was the longest 1.8 seconds I ever lived!) <_< .... Lyle is a beast. That was one of the best games Ive watched this season, so far.

I disagree here! S. Hill, because of depth, would maybe beat Hampton 6 out 10 times but that is it. For S. Hill to beat Hampton 9 out of 10 would mean S. Hill would have to play a great game 9 out of 10 times. SH does not play to their potential and bring their "A" game 9 out of 10 times. I mean how many times can you say "well, SH just did not get up for this game" before u realize that maybe this is just the team you have. I mean, look how many games this year SH just did want to be there....Morristown East, TN high, DB(twice) Sullivan Central, and Hampton? S. Hill just does not bring their "A" game every night and that would give Hampton more than one victory in the series. Just an FYI....I have heard some rumors that Hale and Allen may not even be at the Hill next year? Heard they both may try to go Oak Hill. Anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard anything about Jaylen or Shannon trying to go to Oak Hill next year. It doesn't mean it's not true, just that I haven't heard it. I see Jaylen's uncle every now and then and he hasn't mentioned anything like that. I have heard Freshman Trevon Fields may transfer but that also might be a rumor.

I haven't heard anything about Jaylen or Shannon trying to go to Oak Hill next year. It doesn't mean it's not true, just that I haven't heard it. I see Jaylen's uncle every now and then and he hasn't mentioned anything like that. I have heard Freshman Trevon Fields may transfer but that also might be a rumor.

Jaylen @ Shannon are not going to OAK HILL and for Fields that would supprise me with his mom and dad both playing at S HILL They all 3 will be playing against Oak Hill next year we will open our new gym against them next year cant wait

I disagree here! S. Hill, because of depth, would maybe beat Hampton 6 out 10 times but that is it. For S. Hill to beat Hampton 9 out of 10 would mean S. Hill would have to play a great game 9 out of 10 times. SH does not play to their potential and bring their "A" game 9 out of 10 times. I mean how many times can you say "well, SH just did not get up for this game" before u realize that maybe this is just the team you have. I mean, look how many games this year SH just did want to be there....Morristown East, TN high, DB(twice) Sullivan Central, and Hampton? S. Hill just does not bring their "A" game every night and that would give Hampton more than one victory in the series. Just an FYI....I have heard some rumors that Hale and Allen may not even be at the Hill next year? Heard they both may try to go Oak Hill. Anyone else heard this?

DB they should really be the no 1 team with 7 sr and HALE @ ALLEN are not going to Oak Hill i no that for a fact .We will be playing Oak Hill in the opening of a NEW gym next

DB they should really be the no 1 team with 7 sr and HALE @ ALLEN are not going to Oak Hill i no that for a fact .We will be playing Oak Hill in the opening of a NEW gym next

Yeah, I don't see the point in going either? Shannon especially is getting all the exposure he needs and that is really the only reason to go there IMO. I was surprised to hear the rumor!

Yeah, I don't see the point in going either? Shannon especially is getting all the exposure he needs and that is really the only reason to go there IMO. I was surprised to hear the rumor!

Why did the Big 8 let Science Hill change the bracket for tonight's game? The #1 seed always plays the last game yet SH was afraid their fans would not get into the game since they would not move it to Freedom Hall so they changed the schedule where 1and 4 play at 6 then the Boone and DB fans will not get in to see their game. Just don't understand why they would let them pull this. It will be interesting to see if SH makes the championship if their fans will even get to see it since the championship is the second game on Saturday. I think the consolation game fans will stay put and not let the other fans come in.

Everyone else's thoughts.

Why did the Big 8 let Science Hill change the bracket for tonight's game? The #1 seed always plays the last game yet SH was afraid their fans would not get into the game since they would not move it to Freedom Hall so they changed the schedule where 1and 4 play at 6 then the Boone and DB fans will not get in to see their game. Just don't understand why they would let them pull this. It will be interesting to see if SH makes the championship if their fans will even get to see it since the championship is the second game on Saturday. I think the consolation game fans will stay put and not let the other fans come in.

Everyone else's thoughts.

the coaches meet and set the schedule including which game is first and second with the times. one school doesn't do it or change it. they just run the tournament that the coaches set up.

the coaches meet and set the schedule including which game is first and second with the times. one school doesn't do it or change it. they just run the tournament that the coaches set up.

This guy honestly thinks that Science HIll "changed the schedule". Those sneaky toppers. haha get outta here. Thank you dare for shedding some light for my obviously ill informed and paranoid netfan.

GOOOOO HAMPTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm) but seriously. I hope that hampton gets to state...bc if not they will be the greatest team of all time...to not make it....these guys would all be d1 if it wasnt such a small school. Duke, Carolina, and Ohio State were gonna come watch these great talents but their GPS's werent working.

OK sarcasm aside...good luck to all the teams playing this week and this weekend...I hope everyone gets good games from their teams and play injury free... God Bless.

p.s. i will say a prayer for the officiating bc i guarantee that these nimrods we call officials (only 60 % are nimrods) will ruin someones post season.

Good Luck everyone!!!!! Go HILLTOPPERS.

Edited by ToppSportsFan

This guy honestly thinks that Science HIll "changed the schedule". Those sneaky toppers. haha get outta here. Thank you dare for shedding some light for my obviously ill informed and paranoid netfan.

GOOOOO HAMPTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm) but seriously. I hope that hampton gets to state...bc if not they will be the greatest team of all time...to not make it....these guys would all be d1 if it wasnt such a small school. Duke, Carolina, and Ohio State were gonna come watch these great talents but their GPS's werent working.

OK sarcasm aside...good luck to all the teams playing this week and this weekend...I hope everyone gets good games from their teams and play injury free... God Bless.

p.s. i will say a prayer for the officiating bc i guarantee that these nimrods we call officials (only 60 % are nimrods) will ruin someones post season.

Good Luck everyone!!!!! Go HILLTOPPERS.

Schizophrenia?

Jaylen @ Shannon are not going to OAK HILL and for Fields that would supprise me with his mom and dad both playing at S HILL They all 3 will be playing against Oak Hill next year we will open our new gym against them next year cant wait

Thanks for the clarification on Shannon and Jaylen. As for Trevon, believe it or not I heard he may transfer to DB. I heard some of his cousins play there and he wanted to play with them. I know both his parents played at the Hill so I was surprised to hear this too.