The refs at the State Tourny

rasslinlite

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be bitter just because something didn't go the way you wanted. The refs did a very good job.

You may want to check into a rehab facility ASAP because you must be on crack. The officials were not biased but most of them (not all of them )were just bad.

Edited by cbg

You may want to check into a rehab facility ASAP because you must be on crack. The officials were not biased but most of them (not all of them )were just bad.

I know that I could not do any better that is why I am not a ref. Alot of the refs were terrible. This is the state duals and the refs should have done a better job. I personally saw a lot of matches that the ref decided the outcome and in my OPINION that is wrong. I only hope that the refs do a better job at individuals.

Some were just plain terrible.

Best new ref by far........John Lane

Other than the one that threw me out of the building, they had a solid group! Seriously, good balance & team work in most case as I saw the head ref look over on occasion to confirm & then show responsibility to make the right call, whether back points, clock, illegals, out of bounds, etc.

Stronger middle Tn crew there. :thumb: Missing Hodges? Chris Garner will be another steady one coming up the ranks as he moves to Science Hill Territory! Smart guy.... VERY GOOD AT CONSIDERING ALL VARIABLES TO MAKE THE RIGHT CALL ON THE SPOT,,, Plug to Mike Parker & Ralph Williams - Fantastic UNDER GREAT PRESSURE... Nor is ol Donnie Elsie, Craft & son, Drinkwine, & ol BC Lover Heffington (just kidding),,, John Lane ain't bad either, another BC GUY,,, now I gotta be serious right!!! :) Very consistent calls ...impressive to many!

missing Gilbert, Clark, & Dunning???? Sackcloth, I meant Faircloth :) can still do his 1000 pushups at 93 1/2 ,,, Kyle Davis is really 26 I just found out, but with bionic knees.... :thumb:

SUPER JOB GUYS!!!

Great Tournament Reeves, Blair, Peck & others!

Edited by Sommers

There were several officials that called this match you meat head.... once again, someone complaining without accurate info to post. try putting on the strips and we can see how you do

yeah, and several of them in that match were just plain terrible. I watched all it, and can't tell you how many mistakes and blown calls were made. It was sad for both teams. The only thing I can say, is that it was equally bad for both teams. But I agree, I think the kids deserved better than that. For example, I counted over 5 illegal starts in a row. Not false starts, but illegal. How hard is that to call? Heck, the action hasn't even started yet.

I would say, that for the most part at least from what I saw, I think the over all group may have been better, but there were some really bad calls in there that over shadow the good work done. Mainly because I beleive when you leave a tournament, the last thing anyone should remember is the officiating, and the good ones you shouldn't remember.

Having officiated I can honestly say that the official that I observed during the 130 pound match with Mosley and Bellet failed to stalemate the wrestlers for the entire 2nd period when neither wrestler could improve their position. Hence the reason Coach Frank Simpson was signaling a stalement during the 2nd period and questioned the official in the 3rd; which cost him a team point. That's the only example that I saw of questionable officiating during that dual!