The refs at the State Tourny

rasslinlite

Having officiated I can honestly say that the official that I observed during the 130 pound match with Mosley and Bellet failed to stalemate the wrestlers for the entire 2nd period when neither wrestler could improve their position. Hence the reason Coach Frank Simpson was signaling a stalement during the 2nd period and questioned the official in the 3rd; which cost him a team point. That's the only example that I saw of questionable officiating during that dual!

That may have been the only thing you observed, but remember you were on the other mat at the time, and probably weren't watching this particular match all that closely.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just plain terrible. I thought I was at an AAU tournament with dads officiating the tournament. :wacko:

I have watched many years of wrestling from the high school level all the way thru college and including the NCAA Championships. I do have to agree with the post that stated there were many many terrible calls. Don't get me wrong, of course there were plenty of good calls. A few refs really standout on the bad side. One in particular (sorry I don't know any names or remember his number ) but he is younger and has blond hair, kinda of a flattop style.

The other one is # 421. It appears he has never been around wrestling even in an elementary setting

Then you have the ones that are from the Chattanooga area and their favoritism towards the Chattanooga area schools is very obvious. It is really sad to think these grown men can be responsible for taking away the pride of a young wrestler who has given it his all and worked so hard.

Come on refs please give justice where justice is due------- in other words don't be a Barney Fife

You guys are pathetic, all you do is complain complain complain. You really have nothing good to say ever. The officiating could've been perfect (granted no matter what tourney you will ever go to there will be missed calls) and you would have complained about the concession stand or the fact that the chairs on the floor were too white for your taste. Geez, get over it. My mommy always told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut". Learn from it.

You guys are pathetic, all you do is complain complain complain. You really have nothing good to say ever. The officiating could've been perfect (granted no matter what tourney you will ever go to there will be missed calls) and you would have complained about the concession stand or the fact that the chairs on the floor were too white for your taste. Geez, get over it. My mommy always told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut". Learn from it.

take your own advice then.

To further on my point, a good ref shouldn't be noticed nor talked about. If people are unhappy with what they saw, what is wrong with them bringing it up? Maybe someone will take notice and work to improve on it. If you say nothing, you will get nothing.

I suggest for the qualifying individual Region tournaments we send refs from different associations to officiate different regional tournaments.

Knoxville association go to Chattanooga

Chattanooga association go to Memphis

Memphis association go to Nashville

And Nashville association go to Knoxville.

What do you think?

:roflol:

I suggest for the qualifying individual Region tournaments we send refs from different associations to officiate different regional tournaments.

What do you think?

I like the idea. But will not happen due to the cost of travel for officials.

Seems like football does this, using refs from out of the area to do playoffs.

What do you think?

Why not just have officials from PA,OH,OK and Iowa come in and work the state tournament? If you are going to spend the $$$$$ to send officials from one region to another just take the additional step forward and bring in some really good offcials. Maybe some of the local officials will watch and learn something. Another idea would be to have the local officials work with the out of state officials and call it an educational experience. I don't know of any official that wants to do a poor job! The problem is that many of them have not received high quality instruction from top notch officials.

Why not just have officials from PA,OH,OK and Iowa come in and work the state tournament? If you are going to spend the $$$$$ to send officials from one region to another just take the additional step forward and bring in some really good offcials. Maybe some of the local officials will watch and learn something. Another idea would be to have the local officials work with the out of state officials and call it an educational experience. I don't know of any official that wants to do a poor job! The problem is that many of them have not received high quality instruction from top notch officials.

I would be far too intimidated to even be a towel tapper with those out of state, Rolex officials.

I bet Price/Waterhouse works the tables for those officials.

I would be far too intimidated to even be a towel tapper with those out of state, Rolex officials.

I bet Price/Waterhouse works the tables for those officials.

Why so much sarcasm!! Is it that you would truly be intimidated to work with good offcials or is it you feel that you are good enough and don't need any help?

I don't know if other states use Price/Waterhouse but if they do you can bet your sweet cheeks that they know how to manipulate the numbers to get the results they want.

Edited by cbg

Come on be realistic, moving officials for post season is a great idea. No need to bring in any other states officials. Just because they are from another state does not make them any better.