Baylor vs Bradley

dogless

My bad on the misunderstanding. The EBE only has a single poster on this board so I would submit that as the reason less comes from their camp.

Rarely are there ever any coaches on this forum complaining about other coaches. I'm sure whatever is communicated between these staffs is done so directly. I believe if you took a poll, there would as many wrestling fans in general not affiliated with Bay asking for this match as there are Bay fans and parents asking. Just my impression and I may be wrong.

I used "moral or legal" in an attempt to stay away from someone being accused of being "right or wrong" which is where this debate typically goes. While history has a way of repeating itself if we ignore it, most decisions are for future events. Things change. We don't invest based on how a stock performed 10 years ago but rather where we expect it to head in the future. The US is now allies with some countries we battled against in the past. Life would be too easy if the answers to all the questions lay in past events.

My interest lies in rewarding the wrestlers whenever possible for the hard work it takes to be successful.

Tex - I've enjoyed the debate, best of luck.

I enjoyed the debate as well. I would say that all decisions are for future events, we just take into account the past performance of stocks, teams and people to predict an outcome.

See you at the cow palace next week.

Great post! I had completely missed the geopolitical and macro economic reasons for a B and BC match. I was selfishly only considering what a great spectacle it would be.

Och, your sarcasm cuts deep. While I enjoy a spectacle as much as the next guy, how about considering what it means to the participants for the opportunity to demonstrate their hard earned skills in front of the huge enthusiastic crowd that would be in attendance?

Och, your sarcasm cuts deep. While I enjoy a spectacle as much as the next guy, how about considering what it means to the participants for the opportunity to demonstrate their hard earned skills in front of the huge enthusiastic crowd that would be in attendance?

You're preaching to the choir, seriously. The irony is for the far too few (thank you Title IX!) who get to go to the next level, most will never experience the kind of crowd who will come to this match or come to the Baylor/McCallie or Bradley/Cleveland matches. This is way beyond geopolitical or macro economic consideration in importance to the lives of these children. This is for the very psychological health of these young men! You would have to be a cruel and heartless human being to deny them the opportunity to demonstrate their wrestlting skills in front of tens of thousands adoring fans!! Excuse me. I'm going to have to go get some Kleenex.

You're preaching to the choir, seriously. The irony is for the far too few (thank you Title IX!) who get to go to the next level, most will never experience the kind of crowd who will come to this match or come to the Baylor/McCallie or Bradley/Cleveland matches. This is way beyond geopolitical or macro economic consideration in importance to the lives of these children. This is for the very psychological health of these young men! You would have to be a cruel and heartless human being to deny them the opportunity to demonstrate their wrestlting skills in front of tens of thousands adoring fans!! Excuse me. I'm going to have to go get some Kleenex.

This just seems appropriate for the line of thought this thread it taking......(double secret probation)

20101124-topstops-animalhouse-450.jpg

Otter: Point of parliamentary procedure!

Hoover: Don't screw around, they're serious this time!

Otter: [aside] Take it easy, I'm pre-law.

Boon: I thought you were pre-med.

Otter: What's the difference? [aloud] Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests—we did. [winks at Dean Wormer] But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

[Leads the Deltas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

Greg: Order!

Dean Wormer: You've done it this time buster! No more Delta! I'm calling the national office! I'm going to revoke your charter! And if you wiseguys do one more thing, one more, I'm going to kick you out of college! No more fun of any kind!

This just seems appropriate for the line of thought this thread it taking......(double secret probation)

20101124-topstops-animalhouse-450.jpg

Otter: Point of parliamentary procedure!

Hoover: Don't screw around, they're serious this time!

Otter: [aside] Take it easy, I'm pre-law.

Boon: I thought you were pre-med.

Otter: What's the difference? [aloud] Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests—we did. [winks at Dean Wormer] But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

[Leads the Deltas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

Greg: Order!

Dean Wormer: You've done it this time buster! No more Delta! I'm calling the national office! I'm going to revoke your charter! And if you wiseguys do one more thing, one more, I'm going to kick you out of college! No more fun of any kind!

This is why I like CoachT. The only place where two of life's greatest mysteries are addressed:

1) Why won't Bradley wrestle Baylor, and

2) How could Animal House not win the Oscar

Save Sommers a seat.....

Well, as long as Lone TEX Ranger doesn't sabotage it, or ynotme takes it :) YNM is still the master words smith... :thumb:

Tex, "THE MASTER IN GETTING THE LAST WORD IN," however, you oftentimes speak from both sides of your mouth & that's why Logsdon don't like you much! REMEMBER TEX, Only I can be liked by the legman and still differ on this topic! NOW COME TEX, CHALLENGE ME... PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!!! Meet you at the Jug Head bars!?!?! For the t-shirt! YNM or WV?

Well, as long as Lone TEX Ranger doesn't sabotage it, or ynotme takes it :) YNM is still the master words smith... :thumb:

Tex, "THE MASTER IN GETTING THE LAST WORD IN," however, you oftentimes speak from both sides of your mouth & that's why Logsdon don't like you much! REMEMBER TEX, Only I can be liked by the legman and still differ on this topic! NOW COME TEX, CHALLENGE ME... PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!!! Meet you at the Jug Head bars!?!?! For the t-shirt! YNM or WV?

Sommers-

You expose me as less than intelligent. Never do I read one of your posts and understand any more than 1/4 of what you are trying to say. Often it is less and sometimes O.