Infractions

bozo

This tells us nothing. Only that you saw it and didn't agree with the call. What was the Flagrent Misconduct call for? How did the ref make it about him? Was it because he made a call that wasn't there or was it because he made a call at all?

the ref said that it was because while the blackman guy was on his back locked in a cradle, he hit the mt. juliet guy in the face with his elbow. What this looked like to us was simply a kid who got locked up in a cradle and was rocking and flaling (spelling???) to get out. Maybe the back of the kids arm did hit the guy, maybe it did not, but for sure there was NO flagrant misconduct call. Flagrant misconduct calls are to be reserved for the obvious misconduct because once you make the call, it is game over for the wrestler and a 9 point swing for the team in the match. a ref does not pull this trigger easily, he does not make this call when it is not black and white, he does not make this call when there is judgement left, and in 15 seconds there was not even time for a verbal warning. The ref, i found out his name is kyle, made it about him simply because he made this call with 0.6 seconds left and there was no need to make it. the foul was not flagrant if at all, the mt. juliet kid was not hurt nor had a bloody nose nor even complaining, he had no reason to go all the way in a match that mt. juliet was going to win by 6 or 7 points, but he did, which cost blackman the whole match, cost the wrestler the season, and this ref was not thinking about the kid, and it's always about the kid. the call was just so uncecessary and was a normal attempt by a kid to fight off his back while in a cradle that we have all seen a 1000 times. i hope this helps, it is not easy to desribe all that happened in words. and, i am a guy who NEVER has posted about the ref's on coachT, i usually just take there call for what it is and move on, but this one was terribe and it cost both the team and the wrestler ALOT!

Edited by rocky11

the ref said that it was because while the blackman guy was on his back locked in a cradle, he hit the mt. juliet guy in the face with his elbow. What this looked like to us was simply a kid who got locked up in a cradle and was rocking and flaling (spelling???) to get out. Maybe the back of the kids arm did hit the guy, maybe it did not, but for sure there was NO flagrant misconduct call. Flagrant misconduct calls are to be reserved for the obvious misconduct because once you make the call, it is game over for the wrestler and a 9 point swing for the team in the match. a ref does not pull this trigger easily, he does not make this call when it is not black and white, he does not make this call when there is judgement left, and in 15 seconds there was not even time for a verbal warning. The ref, i found out his name is kyle, made it about him simply because he made this call with 0.6 seconds left and there was no need to make it. the foul was not flagrant if at all, the mt. juliet kid was not hurt nor had a bloody nose nor even complaining, he had no reason to go all the way in a match that mt. juliet was going to win by 6 or 7 points, but he did, which cost blackman the whole match, cost the wrestler the season, and this ref was not thinking about the kid, and it's always about the kid. the call was just so uncecessary and was a normal attempt by a kid to fight off his back while in a cradle that we have all seen a 1000 times. i hope this helps, it is not easy to desribe all that happened in words. and, i am a guy who NEVER has posted about the ref's on coachT, i usually just take there call for what it is and move on, but this one was terribe and it cost both the team and the wrestler ALOT!

You have it all wrong it was not an elbow, it was a punch. The ref's name was not Kyle, nor was the the Assistant's name. Both the Ref and his Assistant agreed it was Flagrant Misconduct. Case Closed

You have it all wrong it was not an elbow, it was a punch. The ref's name was not Kyle, nor was the the Assistant's name. Both the Ref and his Assistant agreed it was Flagrant Misconduct. Case Closed

Are we talking about the 112 team regionals event OR the 145 state duals event?

to oneblindref...

you sir are wrong...i was there as well and it was not a punch...the ref told our coaches it was an elbow and the coaches told me what he said...

you are also wrong...the ref who made the call during the 112lbs blackman vs mt. juliet match was named kyle...i know kyle personally and he is a good man and a good ref and i have enjoyed getting to know him over the last 6 years...but he made the wrong call here in my opinion...i'm sure he saw it differently...but it happened...no hard feelings toward kyle...we'll see each other working out and we'll enjoy chatting as we always do...

i would agree with other post above...there were other calls that should/could have been made here such as a warning...un-sportsman like...unnecessary roughness...etc...instead of the flagrant call that affected so many ...

and anyone who knows me knows i'm not a ref basher...check my 1200 plus post and you'll see that to be true...but like us all...sometimes we skin our knee !

PBD

Edited by pattonboysdad

The Mt.Juliet wrestler was Matthew Seaman, ranked in the top 6 and probably would have medaled as a sophmore in 145

*cough*....Junior.....*cough*

also, the 112 match for Blackman, watching it to me looked clearly obvious that he was elbowing the Mt. Juliet kid in the head. I thought to myself while he was doing this, I wonder if the ref is seeing this too, and sure enough 6 seconds later, the ref stops it, and the wrestler is ejected. What really stinks is that potentially lost them the match..well, he'll learn for next year not to put himself into that situation. Regardless of whether or not it was intentional, if he didn't go to his back in the first place, he wouldn't need to argue anything, hopefully he learns from this situation, as well as Mr. Seamon. :thumb:

PRT iii :flower:

Edited by PRTiii

also, the 112 match for Blackman, watching it to me looked clearly obvious that he was elbowing the Mt. Juliet kid in the head. I thought to myself while he was doing this, I wonder if the ref is seeing this too, and sure enough 6 seconds later, the ref stops it, and the wrestler is ejected. What really stinks is that potentially lost them the match..well, he'll learn for next year not to put himself into that situation. Regardless of whether or not it was intentional, if he didn't go to his back in the first place, he wouldn't need to argue anything, hopefully he learns from this situation, as well as Mr. Seamon. :thumb:

I usually refrain from commenting on posts regarding officials (seeing that I am one and more specifically the one is question regarding the 112 match between Mt Juliet and Blackman) but I feel inclined to address a few discrepancies made regarding my critics and the unfortunate call that had to be made at the state duals.

1. A PBD stated we can agree to disagree on the call. Calls are sometimes subjective at best as as posts on this thread have suggested we have just such a difference of opinion.

2. I never try to make a call about me and offended someone would infer otherwise.

3. The time in the match the call was made is irrelevant. I was unaware of the time remaining and would have made the call regardless even if I can known.

4. The assistant referee , head table official ( a TSSAA official) and tournament evaluator all backed my call.

5. The Blackman wrestler was verbally warned after twice elbowing the Mt Juliet wrestler to stop, that a penalty was incurred and the wrestling would be stopped if he continued to elbow the Mt Juliet wrestler.

6. As a statement of fact I hate ejecting anyone from a contest and especially in the case with the consequences that occurred as a result of the penalty.

7. Rocky 11 you need to read the section on Flagrant Misconduct Rule 7-5 "Flagrant Misconduct invlolves any physical or non physical acts and they can occur before, during and after a match and is any act considered by the referee to be serious enough to disqualify a contestant from the match and any additional wrestling in the multiple school event. It is not limited to striking, butting, elbowing, kicking, biting an opponent or using any tobacco products"

Kyle Davis

I usually refrain from commenting on posts regarding officials (seeing that I am one and more specifically the one is question regarding the 112 match between Mt Juliet and Blackman) but I feel inclined to address a few discrepancies made regarding my critics and the unfortunate call that had to be made at the state duals.

1. A PBD stated we can agree to disagree on the call. Calls are sometimes subjective at best as as posts on this thread have suggested we have just such a difference of opinion.

2. I never try to make a call about me and offended someone would infer otherwise.

3. The time in the match the call was made is irrelevant. I was unaware of the time remaining and would have made the call regardless even if I can known.

4. The assistant referee , head table official ( a TSSAA official) and tournament evaluator all backed my call.

5. The Blackman wrestler was verbally warned after twice elbowing the Mt Juliet wrestler to stop, that a penalty was incurred and the wrestling would be stopped if he continued to elbow the Mt Juliet wrestler.

6. As a statement of fact I hate ejecting anyone from a contest and especially in the case with the consequences that occurred as a result of the penalty.

7. Rocky 11 you need to read the section on Flagrant Misconduct Rule 7-5 "Flagrant Misconduct invlolves any physical or non physical acts and they can occur before, during and after a match and is any act considered by the referee to be serious enough to disqualify a contestant from the match and any additional wrestling in the multiple school event. It is not limited to striking, butting, elbowing, kicking, biting an opponent or using any tobacco products"

Kyle Davis

We'll certainly let this thing be water under the bridge since we all have turned it over more than a few times...thanks for responding Kyle...that is certainly fair and appropriate...!

at least "oneblindref" can know it was "kyle" and it was an "elbow"... :flower:

keep doing your think Kyle...see ya at the Gym ... :thumb:

We'll certainly let this thing be water under the bridge since we all have turned it over more than a few times...thanks for responding Kyle...that is certainly fair and appropriate...!

at least "oneblindref" can know it was "kyle" and it was an "elbow"... :flower:

keep doing your think Kyle...see ya at the Gym ... :thumb:

Our wrestler wrestled the Blackmon kid in preseason tournament at Antioch.He was losing to our kid and whacked him in the face.His coach saw it and just smiled,finally this kid didn't get away with it again.He's a dirty wrestler.By the way our kid still won.Saying it the way it is!!

Thanks for the info,I was wondering what happened. But I have not seen anything on what happened with

Mr. Seamon. I know he was winning and his team had won. And I have never, ever have heard anything on either of the

Seamon brothers in a negative light like that. Only positive on the entire family. Could someone who knows what happened post if appropriate.

As I was shocked as they always struck me as hard charging but pretty well clean wrestlers.

Our wrestler wrestled the Blackmon kid in preseason tournament at Antioch.He was losing to our kid and whacked him in the face.His coach saw it and just smiled,finally this kid didn't get away with it again.He's a dirty wrestler.By the way our kid still won.Saying it the way it is!!

how does it make one feel to slander a 16 year old on a public forum while hiding behind a screen name???...

i've watched the kid wrestle over 40 matches without even one penalty or foul...he's a good kid...and a 1st year wrestler who is still learning how to wrestle...and even though i do not think he should have been called for a flagrant foul...i do think he probably panicked when he got on his back...

he's paying for what he was called for...why would you want to add insult to injury??? and then accusing our coach of approving something that you deemed wrong??? that is low blow # 2! ...

but i guess since you said it...that is the way it is... :roflol:

put your name on here and then it will give us a chance to see if your comments have any validity...

PBD