Infractions

bozo

How many penalties,flagrant misconducts, unsportsmanlike, and ejection calls were there this weekend? Heard two penalty points in the finals, wrestlers ejected and fans ejected.

Is this normal?

Not on normal basis. But you have different referees officiating from different parts of the state. Not all areas agree on the same situations and therefor call things diffferently.

Sum officials feel they have something to prove and want to be seen, others just call things as they see them.

I do not believe in the final match between Soddy Daisy and Bradley, there was no fans, coaches or wrestlers ejected. I do not know of any those activities in DII or AA finals either.

One fan and one coach ejected in a semi finals match.

It seems like at least one fan is ejected every year.

Very rare for a wrestler or coach to be ejected. But is happens.

I thought the refs did an excellent job this weekend. I like the rotating of the refs during the match so the same two did not call the entire match.

Edited by Da Bears

A Blackman wrestler received a flagrant misconduct and was DQ'ed as well as a Mt. Juliet wrestler punched a Houston wrestler and received a Flagrant Misconduct. Due to the ruling, both wrestlers have to miss two weigh ins by rule before they can compete. In both cases, there are no more events on their calendar nor can any be made up (duals) there for both wrestlers will not be competing at regionals and will obviously not make state. Senseless penalties in both cases that cost them shots a medals at state. I cant speak for the Blackman wrestler but the mt. Juliet wrestler was ranked and had a very good shot at a top 3.

That one will sting for a while as they reflect on it..

A Blackman wrestler received a flagrant misconduct and was DQ'ed as well as a Mt. Juliet wrestler punched a Houston wrestler and received a Flagrant Misconduct. Due to the ruling, both wrestlers have to miss two weigh ins by rule before they can compete. In both cases, there are no more events on their calendar nor can any be made up (duals) there for both wrestlers will not be competing at regionals and will obviously not make state. Senseless penalties in both cases that cost them shots a medals at state. I cant speak for the Blackman wrestler but the mt. Juliet wrestler was ranked and had a very good shot at a top 3.

That one will sting for a while as they reflect on it..

One big reason to hold the state duals in Jan. thus would allow for any bad happenings to be corrected before regions.

One big reason to hold the state duals in Jan. thus would allow for any bad happenings to be corrected before regions.

No way on earth I would ever agree with that. Hold the wrestlers accountable for their actions... if we can't wrestle without getting hit for a flagrant misconduct and DQ'ed then perhaps we should be paying the price. It is the same reason that I like the least number of team penalty points being the first tie-break criteria... and trust me I know exactly how that affects a match. This are still kids and good sportsmanship is one of the things they must learn... sadly sometimes that learning must be done through the consequences of a negative action.

No way on earth I would ever agree with that. Hold the wrestlers accountable for their actions... if we can't wrestle without getting hit for a flagrant misconduct and DQ'ed then perhaps we should be paying the price. It is the same reason that I like the least number of team penalty points being the first tie-break criteria... and trust me I know exactly how that affects a match. This are still kids and good sportsmanship is one of the things they must learn... sadly sometimes that learning must be done through the consequences of a negative action.

I agree! :thumb:

A punch should never be thrown. But then again its in the eye of the official, a ruff cross face could be determined as flagrant. So not to condone bad behaviors, but if a situation is called and it costs the kid the next two dates. He should have time to make up for his mistakes, not for fighting but other circumstances yes in deed.

But then again the DUALS should always follow the Individuals. Since it is an individual sport and if he gets injured at Duals he can not wrestle at Regions or let alone STATE. Move Traditional firs then hold Duals afterward.

If not in Jan. then have Trad and Duals back to back weekends.

A punch should never be thrown. But then again its in the eye of the official, a ruff cross face could be determined as flagrant. So not to condone bad behaviors, but if a situation is called and it costs the kid the next two dates. He should have time to make up for his mistakes, not for fighting but other circumstances yes in deed.

But then again the DUALS should always follow the Individuals. Since it is an individual sport and if he gets injured at Duals he can not wrestle at Regions or let alone STATE. Move Traditional firs then hold Duals afterward.

If not in Jan. then have Trad and Duals back to back weekends.

i understand your point, but i would say the top teams in the state year in and year out would argue that it is a team sport first and foremost. Bradley Central seems to be set-up as team first from the outside observer and the wrestlers are better for it from top to bottom of the line up. Individual titles are quite an accomplishment and due to relentless hard work, but team titles are the ultimate honor and group endeavor - for many since they could walk they have wrestled together to earn that team title.

I have no issue with any kid missing state for any flagrant call that would lead to a DQ. They should know better at this level and show the discipline wrestling is based on at all times on and off the mat. not much on 2nd chances for dirty wrestlers. That is a reason many kids dont understand right from wrong anymore - no consequences for their actions. Just my opinion.

i understand your point, but i would say the top teams in the state year in and year out would argue that it is a team sport first and foremost. Bradley Central seems to be set-up as team first from the outside observer and the wrestlers are better for it from top to bottom of the line up. Individual titles are quite an accomplishment and due to relentless hard work, but team titles are the ultimate honor and group endeavor - for many since they could walk they have wrestled together to earn that team title.

I have no issue with any kid missing state for any flagrant call that would lead to a DQ. They should know better at this level and show the discipline wrestling is based on at all times on and off the mat. not much on 2nd chances for dirty wrestlers. That is a reason many kids dont understand right from wrong anymore - no consequences for their actions. Just my opinion.

I think about individuals more so. If you lets say were a multi time champ or placer and rolled your ankle at duals and did not have the oppt. to go for your last title, it would be a shame.

Well this state does not have alternates either for state which is shameful. Say a wrestler places at regions and is hurt that same day or week leading to state, that will be a forf for a wrestler in the state tourny. Why not have alternates the fifth place at each wgt be able to step in if anything like this occurs?

I do not condone bad attitudes, but have seen calls made that have cost wrestlers the opportunity to compete when in fact it was not unsport, unncessary or flag misconduct. Just had to see a kid miss out on a blown call by the official.

But hey to each their own I guess. Some wrestle harder than others.

Let's just take a two week break so we can break rules and return for the last tournament? How about if the wrestler did not mean to lock hands it should not count? What if the official who made the call was new, should the ruling count? The wrestler really tried to make weight but was off a few tenths? Should we sent up a plan of actions with a list of exceptions?