8A district tournamet

possumtownshady

I honeslty dont know. I heard they weren't aloud to host because there wasn't enough seats to host a game, but I thought that was just the Substate. but u are right about them traveling to Gordonsville. So I really dont know. I know that Clarkrange did redo their seating, and that may have been why, but i really have no clue. I have just heard everyone talk about Clarkrange hosting someone if they beat JCounty. I do remember the game 2 year ago. there were a million people in that gym big enough to hold 100. you'd think they'd try to do something to put some more seats in there cause what they did this summer didn't help any.

I agree, I believe that the gym seating was the reason why they could not host. And it may be just until they get more seating? I don't know, but if they have redone their seating then that is great for them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after tonites 7A upsets it would seem to me that RBS and Watertown should have a better chance of winning Saturday night even on the road. Don't get me wrong Clarkrange and PC aren't a pushover by no means but wound up 3 & 4 in the season and so did RBS and Watertown......

Should be an interesting Saturday the 26th..

FCS and Gordonsville to play host to Clay Co and Jackson Co..WOW

PC and Crange to play host to RBS and Watertown...another WOW....

I would say the exact opposite is true. PC and Clarkrange are tough at home and should win those games by double digits. FCS will be a tough match-up for both Clay and JC but both of those teams should be Gordonsville.

I agree, I believe that the gym seating was the reason why they could not host. And it may be just until they get more seating? I don't know, but if they have redone their seating then that is great for them.

I talked to someone and they said that only the girls were banned from hosting the games because the boys weren't asked to host substate. Everyone i have talked to has said that clarkrange will be able to host the region games. I don't know about the girls but the boys will. I believe that Clarkrange was supposed to have so many seats for the visiting team that year in substate and they didn't do it. i was there 4 hours early for that game and it was almsot full already. by the time the visiting team showed up there were no seats anywhere. I believe thats why they got in trouble for it. But Dont hold me to that cause I really dont know for sure.

Just my opinion but I think that PC plays more of a team game than the other 3. Clay depends on Boles and JC depends on Godwin and without those 2 they are very beatable. Clarkrange relies on Jones in the backcourt and up top on offense too much. The Henry boys can handle the ball well but JC didn't really put alot of pressure on them.

Neither of the 4 goes deep as FCS on # of players that play the game. We go 11-12 deep so we should be able to keep the pressure on the other team.

And don't overlook the Gmen (we will not overlook them Tues)...they have improved their game and Trey Sanders will have them ready to play 7A Saturday..

Just my opinion but I think that PC plays more of a team game than the other 3. Clay depends on Boles and JC depends on Godwin and without those 2 they are very beatable. Clarkrange relies on Jones in the backcourt and up top on offense too much. The Henry boys can handle the ball well but JC didn't really put alot of pressure on them.

Neither of the 4 goes deep as FCS on # of players that play the game. We go 11-12 deep so we should be able to keep the pressure on the other team.

And don't overlook the Gmen (we will not overlook them Tues)...they have improved their game and Trey Sanders will have them ready to play 7A Saturday..

Saturday was my first time seeing Clarkrange and I was very impressed with their teamwork. Jones is a great press breaker since he can see over the traps and there was no urgency to get Jones the ball late in the game. Other players stepped up and made big shots. Gordonsville looked like they would be a good team when they came to Celina, but once the game started, they didn't play very well. I thought #3 and #4 were their best players in warm-ups (they looked much more athletic than their teammates), but they didn't look for their offense and were on the bench late in the game. FCS should win the region, but i think they'll be playing alongside 3 teams from 7A.

any predictions on how this game might go? i know FC swept them in the regular season but Gville seems to have improved.

I said in a post toward the begginning ot the season that Gordonsville is a very athletic team, even though their record doesn't show it I still think they're a pretty decent basketball team. This game will be at Gordonsville for the district championship. With that said I think FCS will win the game, but it'll be a good game to watch.

Well after tonites 7A upsets it would seem to me that RBS and Watertown should have a better chance of winning Saturday night even on the road. Don't get me wrong Clarkrange and PC aren't a pushover by no means but wound up 3 & 4 in the season and so did RBS and Watertown......

Should be an interesting Saturday the 26th..

FCS and Gordonsville to play host to Clay Co and Jackson Co..WOW

PC and Crange to play host to RBS and Watertown...another WOW....

You don't want to play Pickett or Clarkrange...Pickett has beaten RBS twice, Gordonsviolle twice and recently bear Friendship at Friendship. Clarkrange won 7 in a row before losing in OT to Clay Co. Right now, they are the 2 best teams in the region.

You don't want to play Pickett or Clarkrange...Pickett has beaten RBS twice, Gordonsviolle twice and recently bear Friendship at Friendship. Clarkrange won 7 in a row before losing in OT to Clay Co. Right now, they are the 2 best teams in the region.

Agreed. Should have 3 7A teams in the semis. We'll see if any of them can take down FCS.

Agreed. Should have 3 7A teams in the semis. We'll see if any of them can take down FCS.

The question of the night will be who wins and loses in the consolation game? What could be weird is the loser could be the winner...........if it holds true that Clarkrange can not HOST a home game in the tourney's then they musty travel Saturday night.

What if RBS beats watertown and Clarkrange beats PC? Then Watertown seeded 4th would play at home and send RBS to PC after getting the 3 seed. Isn't that confusing?

The question of the night will be who wins and loses in the consolation game? What could be weird is the loser could be the winner...........if it holds true that Clarkrange can not HOST a home game in the tourney's then they musty travel Saturday night.

What if RBS beats watertown and Clarkrange beats PC? Then Watertown seeded 4th would play at home and send RBS to PC after getting the 3 seed. Isn't that confusing?

Well the bad thing for the 7a teams is that the supposed best 2 teams in the district 7a is going to have to travel to either Gordonsville and Friendship to play. Clay County does not match up well against Gordsonsville as they are big inside. The way the games are falling we could have 4 7a teams playing in the region or have 4 8a teams playing in the final 4 of the region...