140- Stuart Doster vs Mick Anthony

145- Mike Hooker vs Mark Marchetti

152- Matthew Cate vs Chris Agnew

160- TJ Duncan vs TJ Duncan

171- Chase Martino vs Nate Rupiper

189- TJ Holmes vs Sharbel

215- John Mackey vs Amos Mason

285- Wood Baron vs Tye Youngblood

Akers upsets Brunner at 119 and faces Olson in the finals.

Moseley faces Manley in finals. Fisher vs. Mackey in finals. Maxwell vs. Posey in finals.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akers upsets Brunner at 119 and faces Olson in the finals.

Moseley faces Manley in finals. Fisher vs. Mackey in finals. Maxwell vs. Posey in finals.

Akers will have to score another upset first as he has Brandon Oliver i the quarter finals. Oliver has beaten Akers twice this year, although both close in score.

103- Holloway vs Nick Gray

112- Casey Ortale vs Tate Robinson

119- Brandon Brunner vs Danny Maloney

125- Zach Watson vs Alex Ward

130- Carlos Calloway vs Alex Manley

135- Kaleb Baker vs Bennett Reese

140- Stuart Doster vs Mick Anthony

145- Mike Hooker vs Mark Marchetti

152- Matthew Cate vs Chris Agnew

160- TJ Duncan vs TJ Duncan

171- Chase Martino vs Nate Rupiper

189- TJ Holmes vs Sharbel

215- John Mackey vs Amos Mason

285- Wood Baron vs Tye Youngblood

TJ is a mighty fine wrestler and I would certainly pay to see the match but you might be assuming a bit much in picking him to wrestle himself in the finals! ;)

Edited by ghouse

Ghousedo u have predictions for all the placers yet or just gonna wait and see how everything pans out

I have submitted my last set of rankings to the TWF webmaster... just waiting on him to post them.

I don't do predictions for the state tournament (or really any tournament often) as I am too close to far too many of the wrestlers from multiple teams. I will stick to my mostly fact based rankings as it helps me eliminate any bias I might tend to show (everyone has some level of bias).

Not so fast there Mr ref, I'll take my son, Cole Boone Mosley to reach the finals for a buck or two......

Cathy I hope that you've told your soon to be ex husband about that night in the Krystal bathroom, and hopefully about the soon to be part......

Go Irish......

bcb iii :flower::flower:

As any Dad is suppose to bet on his son. But, unfortunately I will let the wrestling speak for itself and you're welcome to give my son that 2 bucks your certain to owe him.

Akers will have to score another upset first as he has Brandon Oliver i the quarter finals. Oliver has beaten Akers twice this year, although both close in score.

GHouse has already posted a solid analysis on this weight class and I agree that with 6 Medalist in the field the outcome will come be decided by whomever has the best day. There is not a clear favorite that is head and shoulders above the field.

It would be best to head over to TSSAA.org and take a look into the handbook for the official wording but what my understanding has been is that the following criteria must be meet for an 8th grader to compete on varsity:

1) the 8th grade and high school must be located on the same campus

2) the 8th grade and high school must be under the same administration

As far as I know those are only guidelines because I don't know the exact TSSAA wording. I have never had an opportunity to coach at a school where it was a possibility so I haven't really gone to look for it.

Private schools do it all the time in West TN because we need numbers. Mainly in baseball, softball and wresting. The school has to be on one campus then it is legal.

With 8 graders allowed under the same school administration does this mean they have the same principal and staff under same roof or how does this work can someone clarify this for me

The TSSAA doesn't stipulate that but the smaller private schools have one staff. The larger ones have 2. It just has to be on one campus. There are several small public schools that are this way, too. In order to have enough Varsity they are forced to pull players up. Usually only in football or basketball do you have the already old child for his grade being held back and then being 2 and half years older than some in that grade. :)